Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Compiling a Issue/Response Guide

Hey everyone, I thought it might be a good idea for me (and maybe others) if you could share what issues you experienced along the way, and what tips or tricks you used to fix them or help you along the way. I realize that the Number 1 answer to ALL questions is "Call you Doctor" and/or "Call your Nut". However, sometimes it is difficult to get ahold of them or the situation doesn't really call for it. Here's what i am thinking. I want to make a list that says, If i get stuck - try these ideas to help:

For example

If i get stuck: A) try to throw it back up B)try to sip a sprite to throw it back up C) hang upside down like a monkey. etc etc

You get the point. See this way i don't have to constantly hit the forums for every little issue. Obviously my above example may or may not have good or bad ideas, it was just an EXAMPLE.

So, if you feel like helping, please tell me what issues you've had and what has been successful in helping. After I compile this, any of the newbies that come along, I can email it to them. Perhaps it will be a big help. What are your thoughts. Thanks.

I think this is an AWESOME IDEA, an even better one would be a permanent forum for said problems where these types of things would be posted, without a REPLY option. But that is probably asking too much since as you said the typical response is to Call your Doctor, since this Board doesn't want to take responsibility for people's medical problems or be liable in any way.

I think it is a great idea to but I have to admint it worries me that people will not call their doctors when they should. That is already an issue.

Thanks Jackie, I think i may have to scour the forums for all the different responses, which i don't mind, since the place if loaded with info, and i'll probably learn even more. However, for this post I will go first.

Head Hunger - In the past when i have defeated head hunger whether one time, or for even one day was when i kept myself busy with something I liked. I wished I was then strong enough to constantly hold it back but I was not. However, with some of these techniques plus the band, I believe i can do it. So:

Issue: Head Hunger

Response - get busy with a hobby. (mine is woodworking with my scroll saw)

Thanks Jackie' date=' I think i may have to scour the forums for all the different responses, which i don't mind, since the place if loaded with info, and i'll probably learn even more. However, for this post I will go first.

Head Hunger - In the past when i have defeated head hunger whether one time, or for even one day was when i kept myself busy with something I liked. I wished I was then strong enough to constantly hold it back but I was not. However, with some of these techniques plus the band, I believe i can do it. So:

Issue: Head Hunger

Response - get busy with a hobby. (mine is woodworking with my scroll saw)[/quote']

A lot of times head hunger means you need Water so make sure to drink when you feel this way.

One suggestion to add. When I get stuck or eat too fast and have that lead weight feeling.... I walk around untill the food moves (down or up). The moving seems to help.

One rule I have to deal with Head Hunger is I have to drink a glass of Water and do something for 30 minutes (walk, sew, etc). If I am still hungry after that I get a snack.< /p>

Hope these are things you are looking for. Good luck.

Bandashoop! I love that idea!! A place with the tips compiled... I know...first off to call my doc...but it would help to have a general guideline of tips.

I love the "drinking a glass of water" for head hunger. That is always so hard for me to remember.

Here is an odd and harmless one which helped me when I was struggling with a particularly nasty night reflux problem and had to wait weeks to see my doc:

Drink warm camomile tea an hour before bedtime.

Apparently, it reduces inflammation and very settling for the stomach. It worked wonders for me.

Again: the solution is to see your doctor and have an unfill (possibly), this tip above is just for managing the symptoms until you get there.