Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ughh I had to take advil

Last night I had a horrible tooth ache. When i say horrible i mean horrible. I tried 2 tylenal and then 2 hours later took 1 more tylenal. 2 more hours later i was in agony. I had no choice but to advil for the pain. My pain was gone in 20 min. I would not make this a habbit and have a dentist apt monday. I guess my queation is.. is taking a nsdi ok once a year or did I really screw something up?

hope you feel better soon

I don't think it matters of its once in a while.. It's more about taking it daily that can cause problems (from my understanding). I hope you feel better! I dealt with that for months before my surgery.. Turns out I had cavities in my wisdom teeth so I got them removed! Feel better!!

I know surgeons do not suggest NSAIDS...however if used sparingly they wont cause harm. There is a concern for ulcers and bleeding however your not a great deal more risk now that you had lap band than before. i am an RN....take caution is my best advice

Hope you feel better soon. I believe you will be okay with the Advil. I wouldn't be worried.

I'm having a similar issue; more on the reverse. I got two crowns on Monday, and there is some sort of lesion on the bone line under where the dentist worked. I should have called her earlier, but I keep thinking that it will heal as the days pass. Last night it hurt so bad that it woke me up. Tylenol is like a fart in the wind, and I'm afraid to take Advil. It was my drug of choice prior to surgery, and I miss it! If this doesn't get better before Monday, I may sneak a couple myself :unsure:

My suggestion is, if you're going to take Advil/ibuprofen, take some Pepcid or Prilosec to protect your stomach.

My surgeon prohibits NSAIDs only during the first 30 days, for what it's worth. Seems to be yet another area where the docs have different opinions...

My surgeon prohibits NSAIDs only during the first 30 days, for what it's worth. Seems to be yet another area where the docs have different opinions...

Agreed....as a Cardiac patient, my cardiologist has me taking one children's aspirin every day, and I also take Rx Blood Thinners. (Plavix)....My surgeon, PCP, and everyone for that matter all knows and no one has ever given it a second thought or mentioned anything to me........I had to stop the week prior to surgery for bleeding, but continued 1 week after.....that was over 2-1/2 years ago, and it's been every day since.

I also have Bursitis in my shoulder, and also in my left knee that sometimes flares up and inhibits my daily running....Advil works the best when I need it.

What's supposed to happen???

My mother had eroding in her esaphagus from being on ibprofen for long time. I dont think short time would really make a difference. Also my gp will not let me take ibprofen because my creatine (sp?) levels are high. There are also some medications that tell you not to take ibprofin with them. For example lithium.

i think the best person to ask is your dr as to whether its okay or not

as we all offer different opinions/advice..my dr told me no nsaids so no it is

but that is just me...glad you feel better, tooth aches are a b**tch