Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing no weight with my lapband help?

Hey, Im new to the forum. I got my lapband 1 and a half year ago and lost about 50lbs so far. Since about Jan 2013 I havent lose any weight. Maybe about 3 lbs since then and its really to start to frustrate me. I work out 24/7 and have a personal trainer. I have had problems with my band and since jan and they took all the liquords out of it so right now I can eat whatever I want, when I want. It was starting to hurt and I couldnt eat and was to tight and had to be unfilled so Im having it taken out In 4 weeks and im really happy so I can start my life over again.. Now i know You supose to eat 3 healthy meals aday. I have been eating 4 to 5 meals a day but always healthy. No soda, bunch of Protein and chicken and all healthy stuff and work out every day and stuff.

The thing is, since I can eat 4 to 5 meals a day, is that hurting me losing the weight on the band.There healthy meals. Does the band only work if I eat those 3 small meals a day or what? Is me eating a healthy 4 to 5 meals a day hurting me losing weight on the band. I could see If I was eating fats all day but Im eating healthy meals. Im wondering if me eating 4 to 5 meals on the band is hurting me lose weight even if they are healthy. I havent gained weight but has stayed the same.

Thank you guys.

It really doesn't matter if you eat three meals a day or six, all that matters is how many calories you're eating a day. Weight loss comes down to basic math- when you burn more than you consume you lose.

Do you you track calories? If not, I would. It's the only way to be certain you're not eating too much or too little.

Best wishes

I agree w Missy it is all Math.. My Dr has me eating meals or Snacks ( all healthy) every 2 hrs I normally push this to 2.5 or 3 bc I am simply not ready for anything yet...so I am averaging 5-6 xs with 2 of those being protien shakes ( one for Breakfast, one prior to gym every day, I too am in gym EVERYDAY, only alone time i get lol) But make sure you track everything that goes into your mouth along with weighing and measureing to keep your portions right.. I cant eyeball anything I always end up with too much when I do. Good Luck !

Why not go back to basics? Do the pre-band diet for 2 weeks -

Mine was 3 Protein Shakes and 2 bars a day (Under 180 calories each with 15+ gms of protein) + carrots, celery, cucumber and lettuce

If you start to loose weight then you need to rethink how you are currently eating.

And don't forget the water! 8-10 glasses a day.

Why not go back to basics? Do the pre-band diet for 2 weeks -

Mine was 3 Protein Shakes and 2 bars a day (Under 180 calories each with 15+ gms of protein) + carrots' date=' celery, cucumber and lettuce.[/quote']

What kind of bars did you eat?:)

I have used both Bariatric Advantage and pure Protein Bars.

Pure Protein tastes better but the Bariatric Advantage bars keep you full longer as they have a good amount of Fiber

A shake or a bar with atleast 5 grams of Fiber is what I like as it keeps me full and able to stay on this "diet" and make no mistake - the pre band diet is a diet and not something you can be on for long. It does help kick start weight loss though. :-)

I have used both Bariatric Advantage and pure Protein bars.

Pure Protein tastes better but the Bariatric Advantage bars keep you full longer as they have a good amount of Fiber

A shake or a bar with atleast 5 grams of fiber is what I like as it keeps me full and able to stay on this "diet" and make no mistake - the pre band diet is a diet and not something you can be on for long. It does help kick start weight loss though. :-)

Thanks! I asked because like the gentleman that started this thread I've had trouble losing recently. I'm a sugar ADDICT, and not eating the way I need to recently, either. I read your reply and thought that I should also try that to get back on track! Detox or rehab, if you will.:)

Pure Protein bars are low on fiber but they do taste very good and sweet. I did occasionally have one as dessert.

Try them, chewy and come in many flavors.

By the way I had my mother in law do this diet for a couple of weeks and she was not very strict with it. She did 2 weeks a month for 2 months and she lost about 20 lbs without the band. She went back home very happy.

She did walk for a good hour every day.

As she had helped us with our twin terrors for a few months, I was very grateful as well ;-)