Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in Mexico, looking for fill doc around Philadelphia.

Hi everyone, i got banded in Mexico by Dr. Huacuz and now i am looking for a place to do fills around Philadelphia. Thanks a lot.

Great-- I lost a total of 15 lbs but have gained 5 back.. I'm getting a fill in TN Tuesday -- i cant wait!!!

Hi everyone, i got banded in Mexico by Dr. Huacuz and now i am looking for a place to do fills around Philadelphia. Thanks a lot.

I was also banded by Dr. Huacuz recently. I am a registered nurse and he has asked me to return to TJ so he can teach me how to do the lap band fills. Its basically like dealing with a mediport, which I've had years of experience with. He will certify me, then I need to find out what I need to do here to make myself legal to perform fills here. Its not rocket science but you do need some medical background and experience to safely perform this procedure. Apparently a lot of the Mexican docs train nurses over here to perform the fills so their patients will have someone to go to that won't just totally gouge the heck out of them like some of the docs do with their inflated fill prices. When I read what some of these guys are charging I'm almost embarrassed for them at their blatant, salivating GREED. That would be if I wasn't so sympathetic to the poor folks they are sticking it to....pardon the pun.....:) Most of you are probably like me, I had to get a loan for my surgery and I sure can't afford to get it broke off in me every time I need an adjustment.

Oh you make me feel so much better! I lost 13 lbs and gained back 5 after getting banded March 17th. I am going to TJ for my first fill May 11th. I am also excited! I feel 'normal' now. I was starting to doubt myself for yet failing another diet/procedure.

I received my fill from TN at a fill center this past Tuesday and I have already lost the 5 pounds I gained back-- thats right, with the fill only in 2 days I lost the 5 pounds that took me 3 weeks to gain and I'm so happy. The fill was under floro so she got the exact amout of restriction for me. She told me that 80% of people that lose weight during the "recovery" weeks (your six weeks post op) gain 5 to 10 pounds back before the end of their six week.

Band Dr Huacuz 3/10/06 200lbs

First Fill 5/2/06 190

Today 5/4/06 185

Good luck with your training!! You might want to call the USA Fill Center and see if you can get on through them, I'm not sure what all is involved but my experience with them, nurse Debroha and the Corporate office has been wonderful.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

"The fill was under floro so she got the exact amout of restriction for me."

What did you mean by saying that MGDAVIS ? Thanks.

When the fill is not under floro its hard to tell if you are restricted to much or not enough. I could not tell if my band was getting tighter or not, some people can but I could not. I dont think any docotor would have started me out with 3cc without seeing that anything less would not have provided me with restriction. At one point they put too much in and the Fluid was coming back up, she said that was too tight. (i could not tell any of this so they took some out and I ended up with 3cc.)

Yes but my insurance paid for it. I think it's like 400.00 if you dont have insurance pluse the fee to USA fill center.

My case is a little bit different. I do have insurance, Blue Cross Personal Choice. Probably they would pay for my surgery but when i talked to Barix Clinics they said that the process (Dr. appointment, insurance approval and surgery) would take btween 3-4 months . Because i didn't want to wait 4 months for the surgery i decided to get the shortest route and have surgery in Mexico.

Now comes the question, will Blue Cross pay for my follow up treatment like fills and Dr. appointments ???;):) :)

I have no idea... I did not weight enough to have the surgery in the states thats why i went to Mexico. I dont think my insurance will pay for my fills now but they will pay for the floro (not the fill, just the use of the machine) Call your insurance company and ask them. It cant hurt. I think I'm going to call my insurance company as well. Thanks for the reminder!!! have a good weekend.

Hi, I recently tried the FillCenter location in Mt. Laurel, NJ. It was a really good experience. The doctor was named Dr. Lee. I was initially apprehensive because of some of the things I read about people's experiences with FillCenterUSA. However, I think it must really be case by case. I will definitely use this guy again if I need another adjustment. Hope this helps.

Olive