Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 cc band, How many cc's do u have and have restriction?

I have an 11cc band and have 6.5 and need more!!

I have not got a clue but I'm having a port revision and I'm going to ask the doctor when I have my surgery.

I was feeling restriction but since my port flipped I feel no restriction.

4.5 cc in my 10 cc band and I feel nothing. Still able to eat just about anything I try to take small bites but sometimes I forget. So far no issues or restrictions. I go to bed most nights hungry but that is because I don't want to stretch my band and just patiently waiting to get to the green zone. Counting down every 2 weeks for a new fill..

I have 11cc in a 14cc band and I'm nearly there , next week having something like a 20cc put in as my nurse says that it's definitely nearly there. It's taken a long time to get there. But for me it's helped me understand my food addiction as its started to restrict . I realise for me it's not just about losing weight but changing my mindset as well. Something that I had not fully appreciated before hand. I have lost three stone in eight months and another five to go. This time it feels like I have found something that helps me but doesn't take the responsibility away from me.

8 cc in a 14 cc band....6 months in and dont feel any help yet and have not lost much either :(. Dr doesnt want to give me anymore as she feels I should "be there"- my point being.."what happened to not comparing yourself to others"...Im NOT there yet according to what everyone says and dont feel she should be telling me I should be?!

Why does your doc "FEEL" you should be there? Does she do your fills with fluoro where she can see your restriction level, or is she just guessing?

First fill 3cc in a 10cc band. Doctor said you can't put 10cc in anyone know why not? I am happy at the moment but would still like to know the limit that can be put in 10cc

Why does your doc "FEEL" you should be there? Does she do your fills with fluoro where she can see your restriction level, or is she just guessing?

No has never used fluoro....she is "guessing" as comparing to where "everyone" elso supposedly reaches the "restriction" area...as she said "most" dont usually take this much???? I am sure she will not give me any next month as she stated so already.

At this point...no Loss..not an ounce again. The frustratin part is...I eat what I am suppose to eat, I track....all is good and have NO results, no change, since Jan 1st? Well,...maybe 1 lb loss since then but in 4 Months??? and just really starting????

I am thinking I am going to be one of them who this doesnt work for and I DONT WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM???

OH...as my hubby say...'IT is what it is" and will keep trying.

She did tell me last month I wasnt eating enuf, drinking enuf and skipping too many meals. The last 2 weeks I upped everything...upped my calories to 1400, eating at least 75 grams Protein and forcing liquids....its been almost 2 weeks and have not lost an oz yet so that is not helping...havent gained but havent lost either?? Any advice from anyone to help would be great. My next plan is to up the calories for a bit and then to restrict them for a while and then up them a bit and restrict them to see if that will maybe jumpstart a loss of any sort what so ever...

I have 12.25 in a 14 band. Not there yet but very close. Maybe .1 will do it. My daughter has 5.5 in hers and she is there

No has never used fluoro....she is "guessing" as comparing to where "everyone" elso supposedly reaches the "restriction" area...as she said "most" dont usually take this much???? I am sure she will not give me any next month as she stated so already.

At this point...no Loss..not an ounce again. The frustratin part is...I eat what I am suppose to eat, I track....all is good and have NO results, no change, since Jan 1st? Well,...maybe 1 lb loss since then but in 4 Months??? and just really starting????

I am thinking I am going to be one of them who this doesnt work for and I DONT WANT TO BE ONE OF THEM???

OH...as my hubby say...'IT is what it is" and will keep trying.

She did tell me last month I wasnt eating enuf, drinking enuf and skipping too many meals. The last 2 weeks I upped everything...upped my calories to 1400, eating at least 75 grams Protein and forcing liquids....its been almost 2 weeks and have not lost an oz yet so that is not helping...havent gained but havent lost either?? Any advice from anyone to help would be great. My next plan is to up the calories for a bit and then to restrict them for a while and then up them a bit and restrict them to see if that will maybe jumpstart a loss of any sort what so ever...

Oh no....do NOT give up!

Why are you saying you are forcing fluids? Are you having physical trouble drinking Water?

You have a lot of usefull info.... YOU know what your calories/protein are since you said you are tracking everything. So with that info, You can figure what you should be losing. I don't know your age, but lets assume your 43, like me. And lets assume, you're somewhat active. Given the info from your profile, height/weight, your BMR is 2000 calories per day to MAINTAIN your current weight. If you are taking in 1400 per day, you should be losing a little over a pound per week. 2000-1400=600 600 x 7 = 4200 calorie deficit per week. You can punch in your real age and activity level here http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

Now back to your band, I'd make this suggestion. If as you said in an earlier post, your band isn't doing its part, TELL your doctor you want a fill using fluoro. If they refuse, GET A DIFFERENT DOCTOR TO PERFORM IT. I know from first hand experience, not something some one told me or something I read in a book, FLUORO FILLS CAN BE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. I would NEVER have gotten help from my band without fluoro. Unless a DR is claiming to be superman and can see your restriction level, THEY ARE ONLY GUESSING without using it.

Oh no....do NOT give up!

Why are you saying you are forcing fluids? Are you having physical trouble drinking Water?

You have a lot of usefull info.... YOU know what your calories/protein are since you said you are tracking everything. So with that info, You can figure what you should be losing. I don't know your age, but lets assume your 43, like me. And lets assume, you're somewhat active. Given the info from your profile, height/weight, your BMR is 2000 calories per day to MAINTAIN your current weight. If you are taking in 1400 per day, you should be losing a little over a pound per week. 2000-1400=600 600 x 7 = 4200 calorie deficit per week. You can punch in your real age and activity level here http://www.mayoclini...culator/NU00598

Now back to your band, I'd make this suggestion. If as you said in an earlier post, your band isn't doing its part, TELL your doctor you want a fill using fluoro. If they refuse, GET A DIFFERENT DOCTOR TO PERFORM IT. I know from first hand experience, not something some one told me or something I read in a book, FLUORO FILLS CAN BE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. I would NEVER have gotten help from my band without fluoro. Unless a DR is claiming to be superman and can see your restriction level, THEY ARE ONLY GUESSING without using it.

Hi Catfish....by forcing fluids..I just meant drinking more...I was guilty of not drinking very much in a day so I felt like I was flooding myself with the extra liquids even though I still dont get close to what I am supposed to drink.

No...I dont have one issue what so ever with anything...eating, drinking...just nothing which I hope to keep but I just really want some help from the band and from what my "dr" told me...this is exactly how I should feel- "nothing".

I guess...LOL...I want to feel something from this band...like help...LOL ...or I shouldnt have wasted the money on it. Maybe it is coming for me yet and Im just a slow one...but it literally kills me that others who have had surgery the same day or there abouts are at 60-almost 80 lbs lost already and Im not even half of most of them...well there are a few...but very few who are not doing well.

I guess if I was cheating ..I would understand.

THANKS for the info though.

What or how does this fluoro stuff work and what is the benefit of it...I mean can they tell how much Fluid you need then or what...and my question is ...if this is a way they can tell where you are for restriction...then why isnt this a standard test to get a person there faster??? Thanks Catfish :)

First fill 3cc in a 10cc band. Doctor said you can't put 10cc in anyone know why not? I am happy at the moment but would still like to know the limit that can be put in 10cc

My nurse told me that it has to be filled slowly to allow the body to adjust as a fill that s too tight too quickly could cause physical damage to the restricted area and that there has been cases of the restricted area becoming infected and requiring surgery.

I have 11cc in a 14cc band and I'm nearly there ' date=' next week having something like a 20cc put in as my nurse says that it's definitely nearly there. It's taken a long time to get there. But for me it's helped me understand my food addiction as its started to restrict . I realise for me it's not just about losing weight but changing my mindset as well. Something that I had not fully appreciated before hand. I have lost three stone in eight months and another five to go. This time it feels like I have found something that helps me but doesn't take the responsibility away from me.[/quote']

I actually meant .20

Hi Catfish....by forcing fluids..I just meant drinking more...I was guilty of not drinking very much in a day so I felt like I was flooding myself with the extra liquids even though I still dont get close to what I am supposed to drink.

No...I dont have one issue what so ever with anything...eating, drinking...just nothing which I hope to keep but I just really want some help from the band and from what my "dr" told me...this is exactly how I should feel- "nothing".

I guess...LOL...I want to feel something from this band...like help...LOL ...or I shouldnt have wasted the money on it. Maybe it is coming for me yet and Im just a slow one...but it literally kills me that others who have had surgery the same day or there abouts are at 60-almost 80 lbs lost already and Im not even half of most of them...well there are a few...but very few who are not doing well.

I guess if I was cheating ..I would understand.

THANKS for the info though.

What or how does this fluoro stuff work and what is the benefit of it...I mean can they tell how much Fluid you need then or what...and my question is ...if this is a way they can tell where you are for restriction...then why isnt this a standard test to get a person there faster??? Thanks Catfish :)

</p>Oh could I get started on that.... FLUORO fills are the ONLY way I know of where you take the guessing out of it and actually SEE what your restriction level is. Im not one here to beat up doctors, but think about this. IF your doctor says "you are at correct restriction because most people feel correct restriction at XXXcc's in their band", I'd be worried. There are thousands and thousands of folks on here. What's the one thing repeated so often? "everybodys different!!!!" What if your band isn't providing you correct restriction? How will they know, by guessing?? It doesn't have to be a guess! Fluoro fills are so simple, they just require a machine that most doctors don't readily have in their office. It's like a live xray, they adjust your band while they watch your restriction. As for why its not used more often? I think it eventually will be a standard. I hope so for the benefit of all. Heres a link to my surgeons page describing fluoro. http://www.hoab.org/...louis-missouri/</p></p>