Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Bandsters:

I'd like to know what you like to pack for lunch and what are your favorite at-work Snacks? Please identify which stage of the process you are in and any helpful suggestions for those of us who are just starting out.

I'm preop (May 7th) and my lunchbox looks like this when I leave in the morning- 1 Qt unsweet iced tea- 1 protien bar- 8 OZ unsweet vanilla almond milk in a shaker- 1 scoop whatever flavor shake for the day- 1 cup raw vegetables- a piece of fruit and some sugar free Jello. I also have a thing of chicken broth in the fridge here at work to heat up and drink when I need a pick me up.

I'm preop (May 7th) and my lunchbox looks like this when I leave in the morning- 1 Qt unsweet iced tea- 1 protien bar- 8 OZ unsweet vanilla almond milk in a shaker- 1 scoop whatever flavor shake for the day- 1 cup raw vegetables- a piece of fruit and some sugar free Jello. I also have a thing of chicken broth in the fridge here at work to heat up and drink when I need a pick me up.

So the pre-op diet isn't just liquid?

Greek yogurt with granola and string cheese are my go-to Snacks almost everyday at work. For lunch I almost always have Progresso Light Soup or Weight Watchers Smart Ones or salad.

I would be a cheap date! :)

I am on mushies... I drink a shake for bfast ,apple sauce for morning snack... Soup or chille for lunch .. cottage cheese low fat mid afternoon and a Protein Shake on way to gym... then dinner whenever I make it home..lol

It all depends on your Dr. Mine is not- it is a protien shake for Breakfast and lunch. A protien bar for a snack and a sensible dinner (4oz meat- 2 servings vegetables- 2 starches- and a fruit serving. If I want to spread the fruits and vegetables throughout the day that is OK. I also have unlimited SF Jello, SF Popsicles, and broths.

Greek yogurt with granola and string cheese are my go-to Snacks almost everyday at work. For lunch I almost always have Progresso Light Soup or Weight Watchers Smart Ones or salad.

I would be a cheap date! :)

Cheap...but pretty!

Cheap...but pretty!

Well thank you for that!! :)

10 months post op

my snack varies from day to day.. (please note its not eaten unless i am hungry)..i always have a Protein bar in my purse or at work

at work i keep an apple, orange, sf chocolate pudding in my drawer and i bring baby carrots every day in little snack baggies

I'm almost three years post op and my cooler looks the same every day-

Doctor Kracker Seedlander cracker, either low fat string cheese or lowfat Sargento sharp cheddar stick, natural applesauce, Fiber One Brownie, sliced cucumbers and a

sandwich-made with whole wheat sandwich thins, Boars Head Ever-roast chicken, olive oil mayo and one extra thin slice of Sargento provolone. I also make a water bottle with Crystal Light to drink.

I am in sales and on the road all day so I pack a good variety of choices to keep myself from stopping for a fast food snack or meal. Lots of days there are still things left when I get home so I just leave them there for the next day, or the next, or the next.....except the things that don't last of course!

I'm almost three years post op and my cooler looks the same every day-

Doctor Kracker Seedlander cracker, either low fat string cheese or lowfat Sargento sharp cheddar stick, natural applesauce, Fiber One Brownie, sliced cucumbers and a

sandwich-made with whole wheat sandwich thins, Boars Head Ever-roast chicken, olive oil mayo and one extra thin slice of Sargento provolone. I also make a Water bottle with Crystal Light to drink.

I am in sales and on the road all day so I pack a good variety of choices to keep myself from stopping for a fast food snack or meal. Lots of days there are still things left when I get home so I just leave them there for the next day, or the next, or the next.....except the things that don't last of course!

Doctor Kracker Seedlander cracker,

what is this please? and the boars head chicken? is it in the deli?

Doctor Kracker are amazing crackers with tons of taste! I get them at Marshall's/TJ Maxx. I know, an odd place to buy food, but since my dietician recommended them, I haven't eaten any other cracker/ crispbreads. They have 4-5 grams of Protein and 3 grams of fiber and only 100 calories. The pumpkin Seed Cheddar are also amazing.

Someone told me that they ordered them on Amazon. I haven't tried that since I buy three or four boxes anytime I find them.

Boars Head Ever-Roast chicken is in the deli case. It has a lot of flavor and is very moist so I've never gotten stuck with it-unlike other deli meats like ham.

Since my surgery, I am always searching for foods with a lot of flavor (like the provolone!) and I tend to eat the same food for a long time.

Hope this helps!

lunch varies but usually leftovers, tuna fish, or a frozen meal.

Snacks in the desk drawer include almonds, pumpkin seeds, Special K crackers, soy chips, air popped popcorn, beef Jerky, Protein bars. Sometimes I bring hummus or fruit if I've made it to the store.

(Post op of four months)

Breakfast: Atkins shake

Snack: yellow and red pepper

Lunch: salad with fish baked

Snack: Jello

Dinner: baked meat and two veggies no potatoe

I'm on the eat whatever I want stage, and I still ALWAYS have Lite n Fit Greek yogurt with me at work (12 hour shifts) for a snack. I have one almost every day. Its like my dessert. To add even more Protein, I like to add a couple tbs of PB2 and mix it well. Very low cal and Delicious! Sometimes a half cup of oatmeal, grits, or polenta does good. I've usually got either grapes, raspberries, apples, strawberries available too. And I keep Protein powder and/or a premade Protein Drink handy too, although I don't use them much now.

For meals, I eat a lot of fish, once a day on average. Baked, blackened, and fried....I know....I try and limit that to once per week. Those pre-packaged tuna salads are good for me too.....so easy.

I do a lot of crockpot cooking.....beef ribs, chicken breast, pork steaks (that's what they call pork shoulder roast/pork butt here in the Lou??? ) Nice and moist and tender that way. Preportion them in tupperware and just barely warm them up....if I overheat them in a microwave, not so good.

Veggies that makes my band happy, like squash, salad, most all fresh veggies I want. I have trouble with brussel sprouts of all things...

So really any food that anyone eating somewhat healty would eat now....just less of it. I used to eat the same stuff day after day, because I was concerned of getting stuck, PB'ing, etc. Not an issue now. It took quite a while to get it through my head though. :)