Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other BAND on bypass patients?

Hi,

It's too early for me to tell. I was done on April 24 just doing the full liquids on second week. I have lost 17 lbs already. That is encouraging. I wish you luck on your new journey. I am a little hungry today. I have been not hungry at all I think I just ready to eat some real food!!!

Hi,

It's too early for me to tell. I was done on April 24 just doing the full liquids on second week. I have lost 17 lbs already. That is encouraging. I wish you luck on your new journey. I am a little hungry today. I have been not hungry at all I think I just ready to eat some real food!!!

17 lbs already is wonderful!! Congratulations!

Id love to hear how you progress and how it goes. How was your recovery so far, and if you work, how long after the surgery did you return?

Thank you!! The first few days for me were hard. The worse pain was the port for me. I could deal with the gas and chest pain you just have to walk and move your arms to move the gas!!! I am scheduled to go back to work may 13. I will be ready I could probably have gone back this Monday. It took me a week to feel like my self again. I have a sitting job! :)

Interesting thread!

I have band, but never had bypass

I enjoy reading this because it makes me appreciate my decision

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I did not have a good week last week. But the good thing about Monday's are that it's a new week.

I've been starving and hungry since my unfill. I think a lot of it is head hunger, but it's been rough. I've been swamped and busy and need to really work this week on my food choices and chewing and especially working in exercise. I was banded in February and I've still seen no real weight loss. Beginning to really feel fail!

I had my band over bypass done on Friday, May 10th, I went back to work yesterday the 13th. I have a desk job but was still only able to do a half day. I was just too sore and exhausted. I did work the full day today, though. I havent lost anything yet, in fact I am up like 8lbs which I think is swelling because I sure have a lot of it. My stomach looks like it was run over by a truck. I am so bruised and swollen. Did you guys gain right after surgery? Im hoping this is normal. I am on my 4th day of broth and Clear liquids and Im sick of it already. I cant wait to eat real food. Im not hungry, but I dont feel satisfied when I eat because broth and Jello is starting to taste gross. I feel a lot of restriction and I feel full after a very small amount of broth, like 1/4 cup...but its not satisfying. Maybe Im mourning food, I dont know.

Foor now, I just want my swelling to go away so that maybe I can start losing something. Tired of seeing the scale go up.

I guess Im impatient!