Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Indiana

Hello,

I am having my first meeting on Wed the 24th with Dr. Brenda Cacucci in Carmel, Indiana at the Bariatric Center of Excellence. Has anyone heard of her? Anyone had their band put on by her? Any comments good or bad would be appreciated!!

Thanks, momof2sn

Hi, I had Dr. Evanson as my Dr. He's in the same practice as Dr. Cacucci. I love everyone there. The center offers so many resources, classes etc. I'll actually be in the office on the 24th in the am for a nutritionist appt and fill. Let me know if you want to meet up in the waiting room.

Colleen I am elated to hear that. I have hesitated to post, but I am thrilled to hear you have had a positive experience, especially at the facility I am using!!! I have to be there at noon time, so we will probably miss one another. Thanks for the encouragement. I am terrified but excited for this journey!!!

momof2sn

let me know if you have any questions. I'm more than happy to answer. They used to have a lap band specific support group which was great, but not enough people went so they cancelled. I did go the the general support group a couple of time. Check out my blog to see more about my journey.

Thanks again for the help and encouragement :)

Do you still see your surgeon for fills?

Can you always feel the band there or just the restriction?

momof2sn

P.S. I have already checked out your blog and will keep following you!!

I've actually only the seen my surgeon twice since the operation. My first post op visit and then again at 6 months. I see the Nurse Practitioner for my fills. You'll probably see the same person. She's great, and really good at fills. I can't remember exactly how many fills I've had. A couple of times I had to have a little taken out. I had a tiny fill (0.2) in March that I thought would be my last, but will be (hopefully) getting another tiny fill tomorrow. They are very conservative with fills, but that has worked for me.

most of the time I don't notice the band. It took awhile, in the beginning I was much more aware. Now, it's just there. Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks Colleen!!! I am excited today....glad to get some answers and hopefully get this all going. I do really appreciate your encouragement. Glad to see a success story at the same facility I will hopefully be using. Good luck to you as well. We will have to coordinate fills once I am all said and done with this and we can meet!!

momof2sn

Hello fellow Indiana Bandsters!! I'm an hour north of you guys in Lafayette. I was part of a brand-new program in this area and was the second of three banded at the IU Heath Arnett Hospital, which is part of the same hospital network you all are being treated at. Hope all is going well!!

Hi there Hoosiers! I was an exchange student to Hamilton, Indiana way back in 80/81. Loved that part of the world.

Wow forensic6, I am close to you. I did not know they did the band at Arnett. Do you go to the support group there? I was considering going.

momof2sn

Wow forensic6' date=' I am close to you. I did not know they did the band at Arnett. Do you go to the support group there? I was considering going.

momof2sn[/quote']

They just started here and the first three surgeries were on 4/17, so it is brand-new. I have gone to the support group a few times pre-band and I've liked it a lot. Thus far, the only post-op patients there have been gastric bypass and so it will be interesting to go with a new mixture of people who have been banded like myself. Hope to see you there!!

Wow forensic6' date=' I am close to you. I did not know they did the band at Arnett. Do you go to the support group there? I was considering going.

momof2sn[/quote']

Just got this email about the next support group:

Hello! Just a reminder that we will be hosting a Bariatric Support Group meeting Thursday, May 2nd, from 6pm – 7pm in Room AG 411 of IU Health Arnett Hospital. Please enter through the main entrance and follow the signs to the Garden level near the Banyan. We will be in the Michael Skehan Learning Center. This month we will be talking about Vitamin supplements and I will bring some samples. We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Sincerely,

Nicole

Nicole Harmeson, RD, CD

Bariatrics Dietitian

General Surgery, Bariatrics

Indiana University Health Arnett

2600 Greenbush Street

Lafayette, IN 47904

Office Phone: 765-448-8163

harmeson@iuhealth.org