Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

:welcomeB: to the Gone For Good Club!

NJGirl - Better late than never! Welcome to the GFG Club!

Marie485 - I saw you sneak in! Welcome to the Club!

If you two would post a short introduction that would be awesome. We like to hear a little about each new member so we can get to know you.

If you'd like to look over the other member's introductions, you'll find them on the first two months' threads. (we start a new thread each month so the thread doesnt get too long) Have a look on page one of this thread. Under the list of members names, you'll see links for the March and April GFG Club threads.

Also, if you want your stats on the Members page, include them in your posts. Thanks!

Hi, My name is Deanna. I am from New Jersey, originally from Trenton and now we live in the 'burbs. I am 35 years old and have been married for almost 11 years. I have a beautiful daughter, she is 4.

As a child, I was really underweight, that is until the 5th grade when I was diagnosed with asthma...an with asthma comes steroids. Throughout high school I was "healthy, not fat" and whne I entered college, I remember thinking I was a whale, I weighed 147 pounds. My freshman year I gained about 45 pounds. For the next four or five years I yo yoed. On my wedding day, in 1995, I weighed 180 pounds. We first started trying to get pregnant right after we both completed our graduate work in 2000, we conceive the day after I got my degree and 3 moths later miscarried. Before the first pregancy I was in the best shape of my adult life, I kick boxed 5 nights a week and weighed 158 pounds. After miscarrying in august, 2000 I gained 30 pounds and when we finally got pregnant with my daughter in November 2000, I weighed 188...plus another 80 pounds I put on with her. The first 50 was easy to lose, I have even lost as much as the whole 80, but have put it back on 3 or 4 times (AHHHH).

So, now I am here, I startd this journey on March 3, weighing 248 pounds, I was banded on April 13 and now weigh 220. I want desperately to go to the beach with my daughter this summer...last year I was too embarrassed, and the Jersey Shore is one of my favorite places on Earth. I also want to be a good role model for her, I do not want wieght to be an issue for her. Since I started losing my asthma is more controlled and I generally feel better.

Thank you all for being a support to me on my journey.

PNut,

If I am not mistaken, I think I see (in your avi) a clef chin???

Nothing more I love to see than a woman with a clef chin. That is super hot. Reminds me of John Travola's clef. God that is like my favorite feature on any person....

Remember on Urban Cowboy when Travolta and that firey brunette both had clef chins? Hot Hot Hot!

C 213 (-27 lbs total, -5 this week)

telly, the firey brunette is Debra Winger.

No change for me this week. I can feel it coming though...I just KNOW I'm dropping. darn scale.

OMGosh! GREAT avatars, girls! Amy and Susan, well done! You are both fabulous!!!!!!!

I had 5 pages of new posts to read on this thread. I'm sooo tired and need sleep. What a week. No Calgon in sight, either. None, I say! I just want to sleep till noon ONE more day before I'm 50. Not gonna happen. 'Night all!

The best of me, not Debra, the other one. The rich girl that stole him from her.

What was her name? She had a very preminent clef chin.

Hi! I know, I haven't been around for a while. Been working out a bunch with Kim_8. Also working alot and getting ready for my daughter's prom this weekend along with her graduation in a few weeks.

Here's the latest:

H 278/ J 230/ G 150?/ C 217 (-61 lbs total)

I'll try to check back in more often. See ya! Laura

Thank you everyone for the congrats on my loss this week. P'Nut's proposed challenge was just what I needed - who know?!

yep - I'm actually going to put my pic up too - and start taking 'face' pictures - I guess we all hate our bodies lol

congrats to everyone on the great losses this week!

Had to share - daughter dragged me out for the day - I gave her my biscuit w/lunch, ate only chicken and a little bit of mashed potatoes (no gravy), ate 1/2 my dinner and boxed up the rest immediately (esp the bread-yikes!) and turned down sharing a brownie with my daughter - she now knows how serious I am about this and started running (I wish) on her treadmill again this week - it's contagious! yahoo!

woo hoo I did it - got my picture up there - will change it every 10 lbs or so - that means a NEW picture very soon (giddy with excitement over 9.5 lbs lost in 8 days) Thank you EVERYONE for your ongoing support!!!

Telly - Nope, no clef chin here. Sorry I'm not as hot as you thought. *grins*

Feel2Young2B40 - Well hello there stranger! It's good to see you around and doing so well too! Good job!

MoOrLess - You are what? 48?? No way! I don't believe it!! :)

Hey Pnut guess what............C346(-47lbs total, -12lbs this week)

Hey only five more days until I am on soft food I hope.

OMG! TWELVE POUNDS?! :faint:

Shack, Thats freaking awesome!!

You need to call me tomorrow. I have some clothes you might be able to wear soon. I lost your number. Call me!

I'm so excited for you and so very PROUD of you guy!! *big hugs*

Mo, lovely pic!! To add the full size pic to a post? I think that's what you are asking. Click on the little paper clip on the top row when you are typing your post and then go to browse and find the picture from the file on your computer, then hit upload. I think thats it. Sorry, I am horrible at giving directions.

It is so nice to see everyones faces...such a beautiful group we have!

I will have to just join in and put a face to the obnoxiousness :)

Skye