Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got a little off track-need to get back to basics

Been stagnate for close to 4 months and just frustrated was doing well and then the obsession with food came back and now I am having trouble getting back on track....any ideas (I know I can do this I have lost 72 lbs so far - 80 to go) banded 6/6/12

I've also been stagnant in terms of weight loss for a number of months but I am still following my surgeon's band rules. My band could be a little tighter but I am about to head out next week on a long distance, multi-day charity bike ride so I know that I will need to eat more than usual to fuel the engine. But once I get back, I will be straight off to get a fill to get the scales moving again.

Good luck with refiring your rockets!

Can I suggest that you set some goals and actively work towards them?

I appreciate any and all suggestions. This forum was a huge help pre-opt and post opt I think I just became complacent

Been stagnate for close to 4 months and just frustrated was doing well and then the obsession with food came back and now I am having trouble getting back on track....any ideas (I know I can do this I have lost 72 lbs so far - 80 to go) banded 6/6/12

you and i were banded the same day. how sweet is that?? well, remember when we started? nothing has changed except now we have a pretty necklace in our tummy to help us eat less food...just eat good filling foods/drink alot and WOW look at what you have lost..my dear you are a walking success..never forget that and that is freeking amazing.....like mis said, can you visit your nutritionist and get a refresher?.....do what works for you...i am so proud of my banded sister...

I Think that if you look at all the hard work that you put into yourself to loose it now would be devistaing!!

Never Put in Hard work to Only Give it up!! Its like becoming a Doctor then going Going back to Washing Dishes!!

Love you Hang in There!!

You may neeyou may want to think about getting a fill it could just the push you need. I know I have a very hard time when my band isn't in the right place to really help me out...you have done so well, you have proved you cant do this keep going you are almost there..

i too was off track for a while... like several years. but what helped me is 1. following up regularly with my doc and 2. PLAN PLAN PLAN. plan what you eat, when you'll eat, plan every aspect. I know, that for me - if i jus leave everything to chance - then i'm more likely to make the WRONG choices. i also weigh and measure almost every morsel i put in my mouth. this is sometimes exhausting, but definately well worth my effort!!! i have recently bought toddler utensils (because they're smaller) and toddler portioned plates (again, because they're smaller) i hope some of this helps. good luck on your journey!!!

I'm in the same boat...banded in September, lost 50 pounds. But I've gotten lazy and I need to back to basics. I just returned to these boards today, because I need the support I find on them -- and the enthusiam of other lapbanders!.

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:3597]

I had my surgery September 20, 2012 and have come to a halt with the weight loss. I've had 2 fills since surgery but thought that I simply needed to increase my exercise. I had stepped up my exercise and injured myself. I now have a stress fracture in my right foot which limits my exercise. Once this fracture is healed I will schedule an appointment with my nutritionist to see what can be done to jump start my weight loss. Congrats on the 72lbs lost and don't give up!