Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!! Sabotaging Myself With Booze!!!

So I've taken a long hard look at my food journal as of late and have even thought about getting another fill, but when i face REALITY the problem is that I consume huge amounts of calories through BOOZE every single weekend! I don't believe I have a drinking problem. I'm 28 and live in New York City. No kids or anything. I go out with big groups of girls and guys every weekend and we just end up drinking sooooo much! I realized that I consumed 5475 Calories in total from Friday, Saturday and Sunday and 3200 of them were from Alchohol! I dance and stuff when I'm out so that's good, but still! All week long I'm really good with sticking around 1300 calories and going to the gym and then BOOM, weekend comes around and it's all lost. Does anyone else have this problem? I'd really, REALLY, REALLY appreciate anyone's advice.

:help: :help: :help:

That's a tough one... have you tried any good drugs that are calorie free to subsitute?

Just teasin...

I like sweet drinks that have a lot of calories so I don't go out so much since it's hard to say no.. diet coke and wiskey isn't too bad but I think it's nasty.

I haven been banded yet so I'm not sure if we can tolerate carbonated stuff, but why not try white wine spritzers. They contain minimal calories, there refreshing, and sometimes I'll even order an extra soda Water and dilute it more as I drink it. Just a thought. Good Luck! Your young and single and you should be out enjoying yourself!!:confused:

i know! i have the exact same problem. i also live in ny and every social thing involves alcohol. i don't have a problem with booze either but i can't cut down/stop long enough to really get my weightloss going. when i have my 'no booze' stretches the weight really comes off. i don't have any answers, but if someone does, i'd love to hear it! i guess i'll just have to try really hard to cut down. i only drink whiskey & soda to try to cut down on the calories, but i definitely struggle with this one!

GO STRAIGHT TO TEQUILLA!!!

LOL

Im kidding....I too am young and go out occasionally....ok every weekend...but I try to keep under a certain amount of alcohol when I do drink it...I dont always win this battle but the only solution is for us to stop drinking it!!! LOL...I know it seems hard, but in the end we will be the ones that are looking good.....so my advice....dont know if it is good advice or will help but stay away from the alcohol monster.......or at least try to cut WAY back.....

Try a vodka and diet sprite.......thats what i drink...I can drink those and the carbonation doesnt bother me........

Cashley and Cynthia - ROFL!! I loved your suggestions! And believe it or not, the tequila (or as I call it.. ta kill ya) isn't such a bad idea. A few shots and you're there. Saves money and calories! There's only one problem with that though.. after shot 3, shots 4 thru death come too easily! *laughs*

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

When I drink I drink Ceasars..which is Vodka and Clamato juice, splach of worchestershire, tabasco, celerysalt, and garnished with olives or picked beens/or asparagus..depending on where you get them. A Bloody Mary is the same thing except it has Tomato juice. Very good and if you like spicy add more tabasco. The Clamato juice only has 30 calories for 8 ounces. I will try to find out how many calories Vodka has. I found one that says that it has 64 calories but that is for distilled vodka and I drink triple distilled so not sure how many less it has. hope this helps.

If nothing else drink Water and have a few shots throughout the night. I do that somtimes also. you don't have all the calories of the pop or juice they use for the mix plus you get in alot of water.

Caesars are my faaaaavorite.

But... I thought Clamato was more like 14 calories = 112 cals per 8oz. Vodka is about 64 cals per ounce. Yikes.

its a little hard for such a young girl that is thirsty to live her life

in fullest to have to deal with weight loss and to do not enjoy some

alcohol.. Here in Europpe young generation is more into fresh juices!

we dance in the heat of .. Armin Van Buuren but we drink only

juices or Red Bull or soda.. (and a lot of natural drugs lol)

well Xann the truth is that alcohol has a lot of empty calories..

its not good since you re in weight loss plan.. you dont have to excuse

yourself to your friends to your decision to quit off alcohol since you re on diet..!you can enjoy .. Gabriel & Dresden with some coke light or and fresh juices!! :confused: :(

There's no easy answer to this other than to just not drink so much. Space your drinks out with Water or diet coke or whatever you liek that has no calories. Stick with lower calorie drinks like wine spritzers or light beer. I find with alcohol it makes me not care any more about what I eat - and that's not with getting tipsy or drunk that's just after a glass or two.

We've had a few bottles of wine open round here lately, I've had a glass almost every night with dinner and voila! Weight loss stopped. Its deadly when you're trying to lose and needs to be a very occasional one or two only really.

That sucks when you're at that time of life when everyone is out drinking and its a big part of the weekend. But you cant fool your body, you just have to cut down on it to lose weight.

Moderation in all things...

How many drinks are you having? I understand the concept of hanging out - but if you go for a low calorie option - Rum & Diet Coke always used to work for me - and try to limit yourself to 2-3 drinks a night - the damage should not be too bad.

Besides - you can have fun without being blotto. People used to swear I was drunk when I wasn't - just cause I was laughing so hard...

Enjoy - in moderation.

Or maybe you can be the designated driver or something?

:]

Others have said it, but the answer is pretty much that you gotta stop drinkin'. There ARE low calorie alternatives for drinks, which can be helpful if you continue to drink. I know for me, I found myself drinking a decent amount, and so I just stopped for a month straight, just so it doesn't become a habit, you know?

Good luck!

Well, I hate to admit it, but I am worried about this same thing. I often socially drink and usually have a couple of beers or drinks to 'wind down' at the end of the day. It DOES add up. I wonder if I start looking at this as calories rather than a nice relaxation thingie would that make a difference. Truthfully, I can't see myself giving up my nightcap, but I know with alcohol, like food, I will have to make adjustments to my life and figure out what is working and what is not.

Cashley-that is too funny...let me go through my cabinet and see what 'alcohol substitues' I can fine....(kidding yall)