Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

According to my papers I am supposed to drink a lot of liquids how do I do that when I feel so bloated already? I was banded April 5th. I didn't have my gas pains thank god!! And gas is moving freely lol. But really I'm so swollen how m i to drink so much?

sip as often as you can...you are still very swollen from surgery

as the days past and swelling subsides, you will be able to drink more..congrats on the surgery.

Mine was the 2nd an I'm still swelled mainly on the left side where port is. I wasn't getting in much either an worried about my Protein but like the forum said before I read now isn't the time to concentrating on weight it's healing time an that's what I'm focusing on. Think mrs Caroline had posted that somewhere. As the days go by you will get more what you need

sip sip sip. At the beginning you may not hit the 64 oz but keep sipping you'll get less bloated and be able to get there.

Congrats and good luck

wendy

The new "liquid" flavorings are the best--Mio, Crystal Light, even Kool-Aid. Great flavors and fairly cheap. Zero calories.

I'm on day 3 and still feel really bloated and still in some pain. Anyone know how long this will last. I still cannot lay down in my bed, i guess I'm scared i will pull something when trying to get out of bed. Any suggestions

I'm on day 3 and still feel really bloated and still in some pain. Anyone know how long this will last. I still cannot lay down in my bed' date=' i guess I'm scared i will pull something when trying to get out of bed. Any suggestions[/quote']

By day 5 & 6 I felt so much better. The swelling does go down. Some sleep in recliners until they feel comfortable. I am now on day 11 and still a little tender around the port area. I just make sure and rest but walk as much as I can. Best of luck hope you feel better soon

I am good today I just am having problems with laying in my left side my right hips and back are screaming. Ugh

I am good today I just am having problems with laying in my left side my right hips and back are screaming. Ugh

Try and use a soft pillow to lay against when you lay in your left it will get easier :)

I'm on day 3 and still feel really bloated and still in some pain. Anyone know how long this will last. I still cannot lay down in my bed' date=' i guess I'm scared i will pull something when trying to get out of bed. Any suggestions[/quote']

I'm right there with you. I had my surgery on the 9th. I'm officially out of the pain RX and still having pain. Mostly hurts when I try to get up and down. Feels like its pulling and stretching things. Gas sin is starting to get better, but my body feels like a Mack Truck ran over it!

I got my iband April 5 so a week ago today! the first 4 days for me were the hardest and i was having a hard time drinking anything I was getting in between 40-50 ounces but doc said really try to get atleast 64, every time I swallowed I would have a pain in my back right between the shoulder blades, I asked my dr. and he said it was was swelling and to continue to take the liquid ibuprophen for that, gas x strips for bloating. I had to sleep propped up for 5 nights but every morning I wake feeling a little better. I had to take small sips, and broth or anything warm, idk why was easier for me. it's day 7 I can sit up with no pain, I slept flat lastnight and slept well (band was a little tight til I got up and going, again idk why) I can drink clear fluids well now (protein shakes are a little harder, but i'm sure it's still from being a little swollen) but the point is it will get easier, after day 4 I think you'll feel a noticable difference everyday :) good luck! if your concerned call your dr. they have great suggestions!

I'm on day 3 and still feel really bloated and still in some pain. Anyone know how long this will last. I still cannot lay down in my bed, i guess I'm scared i will pull something when trying to get out of bed. Any suggestions

Day by day you will feel better. I am used to sleeping on my side and it was really hard for me to do that, even lay flat on the bed was hard. But it does get better. I am on day 14 and I have some soreness around my port. But mostly have some itchiness around my incisions because of the healing! But other than that I feel good. About to start the mushy food stage!

I'm eating mashed potatoes now and starting other mushy foods, don't feel much restriction, but i drink and eat slowly.

I'm eating mashed potatoes now and starting other mushy foods, don't feel much restriction, but i drink and eat slowly.