Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Beginning the process

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this app. I've started the process toward lap band and this site is so informative! Your stories of success and bumps in the road are reassuring me that my decision is the right one!!! I'm in month 3 of a 6 month pre-surgery requirements by my insurance Before it can even be brought to insurance for approval. So afraid they'll deny the surgery :-(... I'm 234lbs. And 5'6"... My BMI is 37 but I also have severe reflux, asthma, and insomnia. Can't wait to change my life for the better and get back in shape! Hope you guys can help support me and I'll do the same!

Hi Connie26. Right there with you! I'm just starting my required 3 mo.th pre op lifestyle change. I'm allowed 30gms carbs per day. Boy is that an eye opener. Im also gluten intolerant so it also makes for not so fun choices. The sight is so helpful.

I know! And I'm struggling with losing weight now -I keep thinking I'll lose it with the surgery - but I need to be smarter now. I'm on the cusp for BMI and I'm afraid to lose too much.

One bit of advice for both of you guys, make sure you get your head straight and try to change the way you view food. food addiction as a very real thing.

We are all here for you, help is always here.

Thanks for the advice Aeromech. It's basically what my surgeon said. food or carbs especially, is a drug, I'm an addict. I'm not sure I ever looked at it, food that is, as an addiction. Other than the endearing Chocoholic we call our selves from time to time. I've got some retraining to do as you pointed out in getting my head straight. I understand that. After the "come to Jesus" meeting with my doc this past Thursday and painting a very clear picture for me. Thanks for your mentorship.

Thanks for the advice Aeromech. It's basically what my surgeon said. food or carbs especially' date=' is a drug, I'm an addict. I'm not sure I ever looked at it, food that is, as an addiction. Other than the endearing Chocoholic we call our selves from time to time. I've got some retraining to do as you pointed out in getting my head straight. I understand that. After the "come to Jesus" meeting with my doc this past Thursday and painting a very clear picture for me. Thanks for your mentorship.[/quote']

No problem, we are all here for each other.