Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, surgery was 03/20 and I went back to work today. I am on stage 2 of my post-op diet which is sliders. This pudding and Soup just isn't cutting it. I am so freaking hungry!!

My morning so far has been a cup of peppermint tea (waking the tight band up) at about 5:30am a pudding cup at 8am, and I am hungry again at 9:30. What's up with that! At least I have my first post-op appointment tomorrow morning, maybe they can shed some light on this. It doesn't help that I have to walk like 1/8 mile to the other end of the hanger to get parts. I'm going to log lots of leisure walking on MFP... Lol

Good Morning LBT, I'm right there with you. I was banded the 21st and I went back to work yesterday, and I'm hungry too. I have been dreaming about cheeseburgers already and it's killing me. when will this hunger stop. :wacko:

Can I ask did you both have to follow a 14 day pre-op diet? If so, what did it entail?

I was feeling a little more hungry.. So I took some Tyson's ready cooked ckn and added it my Soup before I puréed... Gave me more Protein and actually only got 3oz down.. Might be worth a shot!

Well, surgery was 03/20 and I went back to work today. I am on stage 2 of my post-op diet which is sliders. This pudding and Soup just isn't cutting it. I am so freaking hungry!!

My morning so far has been a cup of peppermint tea (waking the tight band up) at about 5:30am a pudding cup at 8am, and I am hungry again at 9:30. What's up with that! At least I have my first post-op appointment tomorrow morning, maybe they can shed some light on this. It doesn't help that I have to walk like 1/8 mile to the other end of the hanger to get parts. I'm going to log lots of leisure walking on MFP... Lol

hey boo.....i so understand this being hungry thing.

i can offer only to keep drinking, (up the Protein if you can as i did to help contain it) and stay busy..you are doing so well. i cant wait to see what the dr tells you...wowsa

Can I ask did you both have to follow a 14 day pre-op diet? If so, what did it entail?

Pre-op, no My doctor dose not do a pre-op diet. I'm now on day 5 of 15 days post -op diet, which is anything I can blend. When I have my Soups they fill me up, but it just does not last long. And I'm still have gas bubbles/ pain in my left side, it's really killing me right now. :o

I had a 14 day pre-op diet 3-5 shakes a day and 4-6 oz of lean Protein if I had to chew something.

I drank Water earlier and it got my hunger to go down for a while, at least till lunch. I think I have been walking too much, stomach feels funny. Kinda like it doesn't like to jiggle anymore. Only way I can describe it.

Sorry to hear that Ginger and Aeromech. I was wondering if there was any correlation between a preop diet and the hunger you are both feeling. I am a pre-band so I cannot relate. But everything I read on here does tell me it will get better. Hang in there!

Perfectly normal to feel hungry with no fills and no solids. This honeymoon period is called bandster hell. It shocked me too after being banded when my appetite returned with a vengeance, once I started getting fills it started to get better and easier but still needed a lot of willpower to get through it till reaching greenzone ( four months for me).

Hang in there, this stage is tough and will prove how strong you can be, but so worth it!

Perfectly normal to feel hungry with no fills and no solids. This honeymoon period is called bandster hell. It shocked me too after being banded when my appetite returned with a vengeance' date=' once I started getting fills it started to get better and easier but still needed a lot of willpower to get through it till reaching greenzone ( four months for me).

Hang in there, this stage is tough and will prove how strong you can be, but so worth it![/quote']

That's what's screwed up about it, I feel like they filled it too much already. I am still getting stuck on broken up pills after removing 1cc, I tried pureed broccoli and that didn't work either. Had to resort to yogurt again.

I remember I had 4.2 cc into band on day of surgery and .8 cc put in three weeks later. I was fine with those amounts but looks like you're extremely sensitive to what you already have in your band. If you're still struggling after having that 1 cc removed might be best to discuss with your aftercare team and get a touch more out and when you start fills have very very small amounts each time.

Initially I had fills every two weeks but they were only .2 cc or .3cc, personally if I had larger ones I would have been the same As you and getting stuck with everything.

Hope you work it all out quickly so you can have a frustration free journey!