Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yikes...am I really getting a tummy tuck tomorrow??

Ok did you ever hear the saying be careful what you wish for it just may come true? Well I have been wising for a Tummy Tuck for the past few years and the day has finally come and I'm scared out of my mind. I am not afraid of the pain I'm afraid of not waking up or getting an infection. I don't know why I am all of a sudden freaking out but just am. I decided to go for it all,TT, Lipo, breast lift and let's not forget breadt augmentation, 5,5 hour surgery. I always thought after I got my lap band and lost the weight I would be content. However after losing 75 lbs I now how sagging breasts that were basically deflated and all this extra skin. I have exercised throughout my entire journey but nothing works. If anyone has some words of wisdom, tips or if you can say a prayer for a stranger I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Wow, this is so exciting! Scary for you, I understand, but exciting too! Everything will be fine. You earned this, and you've waited so long, so just have faith and take a deep breath! You will feel amazing in a few weeks after the swelling has gone down and you are feeling comfortable. People have these procedures all the time, and you will be okay. Try to focus on what life will be like when all the bandages come off and you resume your normal activities. Won't it be fun to look in the mirror and see your new shape! Good luck, and keep us posted! :)

Remember you are doing this for you! You have some a phenomenol job in losing the weight. U will have more confidence and look really good! After my surgery and weight loss of 150, I am surely getting a TT and butt augmentation ...

I have my breast lift tomorrow Saturday 23rd March, i have had all the other surgies and believe me they were not as bad as you imagine them to be. I am 58 yrs old and had masses of skin to be cut away as i had lost over 237lbs, but it looks and feels fantastic, this is one thing you will not regret. It is easy to look back after surgery with rose tinted specs on, take lots of before photos and then keep looking back at them, all this body changing skews our perceptions a little so keep the before and after pics close at hand. Cosmetic surgery has an emotional rollercoaster too so be prepared for a few tearful days but on the whole be be prepared for a new lease of life .. good luck for your surgery.. let us know how you are doing. I will be so glad to get rid of my sagging breats too, i dont need the augmentation just the darn things lited and skin removed :)

The good thing about long surgeries is that we dont know they are long, only the relatives waiting for us do :) my first surgery was 11 hours long, my second was 7 hours, this is a planned 4 hour, you will be fine :)

Well I made it through my surgery it was 8 hours but what a fantastic job my surgeon has done, unfortunately I developed a haematoma and had to rushed back into surgery for another 2 hours , bleed is fixed now and just in hospital recovering . Had transfusions today because of loss of blood, but overall am doing well.These things happen I hope your surgery went well ! I am due home in the next few days yay lol

My blood pressure was very low 80/40 along with my hb levels so another transfusion today drains should be out tomorrow .tuesday.

I had a feeling that my last surgery would be the worst, oh well it happens. Am in full compression garments so everything should settle down soon... What an adventure this has all been !!!!

Hi how did your surgery went? How do you feel now? My TT was on March 21, and today the first day I am feeling back to normal.

Hi how did your surgery went? How do you feel now? My TT was on March 21' date=' and today the first day I am feeling back to normal.[/quote']

Did insurance pay?

no I was self pay, I didn't even try insurance. I wanted the TT done as soon as possible!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches