Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 3rd: I'm excited!

Hello everyone! I decided to come check out this section of the forums. I've been waiting quite a while to get through the process and have been on pre-op diet for a long time now. I finally got the news today that I am approved! *happy dance*

I have been so nervous at points throughout this entire process, but now I am in the "let's get this done" mode. The biggest challenge for me is going to be the no straws, no drinking with food, and no sodas! I use straws when on the go because I'm quite clumsy. I am sadly addicted to soda as well and have been weaning myself off of diet soda now (not a diet drinker, but regular sodas are definitely already off limit). I can tell you now that Peanut Butter and breads will be off limits for me if I cannot drink with my meals. I just cannot get those items down without a sip to drink. Otherwise, I think I will be good. I'm commited and know that liquids for a while are going to be frustrating, but doable! It is such a short period of time that it will feel like forever during those phases but seem like seconds when looking back!

I look forward to getting to know everyone, especially as it gets closer to April and more migrate in here! :)

i am having surgery on 4-1-13, we should be buddies, i am with you when it comes to drinking and soda's...good luck!

I'm scheduled for April 4th! I am a slave to coffee and diet coke :( I work night shift, so I unconsciously drink caffeine all the time! I started my preop diet today. It's mind over matter at this point! Best of luck to you! Lets keep in touch!

It is hard to believe my ticker says 4 days!

I have been on the preop diet for a long time and suddenly gained a little right before surgery after hitting a plateau. I'm just hoping that doesn't mean my liver got bigger too... I'm a little nervous about that.

Anyway, preop is Monday.

i am having surgery on 4-1-13' date=' we should be buddies, i am with you when it comes to drinking and soda's...good luck![/quote']

Me too surgery 6th April

Good luck to and welcome! 10 months into this and 70 lbs down. Not drinking with meals was huge for me but you really do get use to it. The main thing is to get moving right after surger, walking, it helps tremendously with gas. Otherwise it's not that bad! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Thanks everyone! I had pre-op appointment and phone call today and will find out what time to be there over the phone tomorrow. I was nervous a few days ago, but now I'm just antsy and excited. I got my post-op stuff previously, but bought a few more things, like G2 gatorade. I have found two walking buddies as well... so I have no excuse to get up and move. Plus, my job requires a lot of walking too. :-)

Hello I was banded April 3rd but finding it very frustrating losing weight I will go up a pound or 2 then down a pound or 2 but not much really much happening r you experiencing the same I didn't have any fill at time of surgery won't get that for another few weeks but also not feeling any type of restriction have been only cleared for walking

Would it help not to weigh at all. Stick to the rues, believe in the process and see what happens??? Easier said than done