Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Days Post Op - What full feels like now.

Update...

Well, I really regret what I did below. In addition to overeating (as described below), I also continued the party last night with two glasses of Sangria. The result was one long night of extreme discomfort in the band area and two episodes of dry heaves.

I'm pretty sure both the alcohol and over indulgence inflamed my already tender stomach. I think the stomach inside the band swelled up shut and this tricked my stomach into thinking something was stuck and the result was uncontrollable vomiting. :wacko:

Feeling much better this morning, but won't be playing with fire like that again.

At least Clear liquids for another 9 days doesn't sound all that bad anymore.

End of Update

--------------------------

One of the big questions I had was will the feeling of fullness be the same as it was before the band?

While this has been answered many times on the forum, I longed for more discussion on it because so many of the answers are different. So, here is what I found.

I can say that it definitely is the same. Two hours ago, I went to Subway and ate a half a cup of chicken noodle soap (that is all I could get down without fear of enlarging my pouch). Because it's only 4 days post op, I only ate one tiny piece of chicken and a tiny piece of a noodle, the rest was broth. I also drank about 10 ounces of chocolate milk. It felt just like my evening celebrations where I would eat a large pizza with extra cheese.< /p>

Nothing felt stuck. Nothing felt weird. I just felt extremely full and happy.

I ate the lunch slowly as to prevent food from backing up and enlarging my pouch. Two hours later, I still feel full and happy.

Out of fear of band slippage, I will try and avoid that level of fullness in the future.

Are you sure your doctor cleared you to eat normal foods already? You could damage the sutures stitching your stomach around the band by eating too much and eating solids at this point?

And full is not what you should be looking for. Satiety is the goal. See all videos here:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/166857-the-eight-golden-rules-lap-band-videos-by-dr-paul-obrien/page__hl__alex#entry1962873

the swelling is what is giving you the (full) feeling. i know that is how it was with me. ...as the swelling goes down, here is where your eating your allotted amounts and better food choices come into play.....TMF was right though, so soon after surgery is a tender time, insides needs to heal unless your dr said you are cleared for (reg foods). ....congrats on making a great decision,

always best to follow your doctors instructions as they are in place for a reason...if you threw up, i would advise you to let your doctor know what is going on... help the band so it can help you.