Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fish - Need Help!

To everyone who responded {{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}} I keep thinking of reasons to get discouraged, but everytime I post for help yall are ALWAYS 100% HERE FOR ME...[tearing up] you guys are the bestest!! (end of hoakey moment) THANKS EVERYONE!!!

I guess I'm lucky I love all types of fish, but when we put seasoning on them they make me very thirsty so what do you guys do about that. Heather don't forget I get banded the day before you. Good luck.

OHH OOH! I know the feeling! When I lived in East Texas when we said we were going out for fish, we went to the dirty little restaurant by the lake for fried catfish and hushpuppies!! LOL, God I miss that!

But then I moved to San Antonio, and everyone down here is big on Salmon and Talapia. So I finally tried cooking Salmon.

The easy way I found was buy the preseasoned one in the meat section at Target or the frozen Salmon filets they have in a box with like the box steaks.

-You put it on a pan in the broiler for like 6 min on each side and you're done! It is very yummy and tender.

:confused: Kristin

end of hoakey moment

LOL - this place is ALL about HOAKEY moments.

I just pray that all of you have safe travels AND quick recovery times!

oh-oh

I just thought about something...

I went to Sams yesterday. I saw parmesan (sp?) coated tilapia fish. Anyone try this???

Looked good. Wish they wouldve been sampling it. (((anyone else go there for the sample tasting???))

tilapia i have had with the parmesean coating. it is very good. i have also had it pan cooked in olive oil coated in almond and dill. ohmygod. so good. i really like tilapia just for its versatility. Kat you might like it a lot because it really doesn't have that overly strong fishy taste. it has a light flaky taste that allows you to really flavor it up with marinades or seasoning. try an orange or some other fruit relish with it. or marinade it before cooking. I love marinading mine in some terriyaki sauce. it really makes asian meals great! And its great marinaded in terriyaki sauce, baked, refridgerated, then crumbled into an asian salad. yummy yummy.

Kat you might like it a lot because it really doesn't have that overly strong fishy taste.

Heather, Amy is right! Tilapia has NO fishy taste at all. I wonder if you can find it in your neck of the woods?

Kristin, IF YOU TRY IT - let me know, ok? (the tilapia parmeseam fish) and let us know HOW you cook it. :biggrin1:

Kat if you can't find it i can always overnight it to you. I can get boxes of the stuff in little individual packets. i could freeze them and then send them overnight to you with some ice packs. hopefully they would arrive ok. and they are great portion sizes too!!

Kat if you can't find it i can always overnight it to you.

Now THATS a true friend!

...only on LBT, Folks. ONLY on LBT!