Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May have to postpone & I'm SICK

Hey guys!

I've been following and going through all of my pre-op testing. I don't have a date yet, but should be sometime within 90 days because I'm a cash patient, so no insurance requirements to jump.

Ya'll, I have been working my A** OFF to save up for this. Working extra craft markets (I own a small business & design beautiful glitter tshirts), having garage sales, cutting back extra spending, etc. WELL.....Last night my son was pitching in his Varsity baseball game, threw a pitch (throws 90 mph by the way), fell to his knees holding his arm and had to be helped off the field. The coaches called the trainer at home to come check him out, who then calls the Orthopedic dr at home to get us an appt first thing this morning. He has severe pain in his shoulder area, numbness & tingling in his fingers. They've all but ruled out a rotator cuff injury and are thinking more legiment or torn tissue damage. Again, NO INSURANCE....which means I'm going to have to start dipping in to MY lap band fund to pay for his injury. Don't get me wrong, this is my baby, so I'd pay a million bucks if I had to, but Im super bummed about this. I'm praying for good news this morning, even if its long term healing & his season is over. But I'm also prepared for the worst. We leave in 30 mins and could really use some prayers right now!

So sorry he got hurt. Will keep you both in my prayers.

I will add you both to my prayers. Hope everything works out for you both!

Oh no! So sorry to hear about this setback...hoping your son feels better soon. Do yourself a favor and consult with the athletic trainer about the school sports accident policy. Usually the high schools must have a policy that fills the gap as a secondary insurance, but also covers the uninsured for injuries that happen during games and practices. If they made an accident report it should cover any MD visits, orthopedic bracing, and surgery if needed. Good luck!

Thanks for the prayers guys.. he's going to be ok!!! PRAISE GOD!!! He dislocated his rotator cuff and the instant pain and popping he heard & felt was it popping back into place. It did just a tiny bit of tissue damage, but with enough rest it should heal on its own. He's in a sling and obviously out of baseball for a good while, but he will be doing therapy and rehab to slowly work it out. This child is like Speedy Gonzales, always on the go....go...go, so its gonna be like taming a bull in a china cabinet to get him to rest that arm. BUT.....theres enough damage there already that the slightest over use could potentially finish it off and we'd be headed to surgery. I've put the fear of God in him, so hopefully he'll listen because I HIGHLY doubt he wants to feel the wrath of Momma!!! :)