Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The "Do Over" journey

I will be starting over again tomorrow. I was very successful my first go around so am hoping I will have success ths time. My surgery was in 2007 and all went was well for about 2 years. I had to have an unfill due to horrible reflux at night. I gained a little weight back and maintained for another 4 years. More recent, I got a fill tht was too tight and was experiencing discomfort. Went back to doctor and did a complete unfill. Have had unfill for two months and have quickly gained weight. Holidays, lack of exercise and stress plus no restriction has been my down fall. I have need reading many posts trying to get my mind right, hoping for a successful second chance. So tomorrow is the day I get my second chance first fill.

If you have done the journey over again please let me know your experience. The good the bad and the ugly.

Your experience sounds a lot like mine. I was banded in 2011 and had to get an unfill and I gained a lot of my weight back. I have been struggling and would also like to know if anyone has had the same experience we have and how they finally lost the weight.

I have gained quite a bit of my weight back in a couple if months. I feel horrible this has happened because I worked so hard to take it off. I need to feel some sort of restriction to be successful. Right now it feels like when I was prebanded.

I am starting over also. Banded in 2008, lost 70 pounds and gained 30 of it back. Still need to lose about 80 pounds at least.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Wow u are all so brave! Good luck to you all in your renewed journeys!! I am a newbie bandster, only 1.5mos out. Any tips on not gaining back the weight? And if u do get a too tight fill, must u do a complete unfill first, or do they just take a little out. Maybe I just read that one post wrong. Maybe u guys could join a group, or even start a group for ppl starting over! I am in a small secret Facebook group for ppl who got banded in April like myself and it's great! I was actually recruited from here and it's probably the only thing that's truly kept me in check w myself. That might be something to help u all support each other and keep each other in the right mind frame- as if ur starting from the very beginning almost! Wish u so well!!

I am also a "rebander". I had my band surgery last May 2012. All was going well, but I we bought a place in FL in July and I went there. While there I needed a fill and found a doctor that would do a fill with a band placed by another doctor. OMG, he over filled it big time. I got extremely ill and had to have emergency surgery to have it totally disconnected as it was literally cutting my stomach in half. Do NOT go to another doctor except the one that does your surgery. I cannot emphasize this enough. I was in Florida by myself and almost died. You know when you go to an emergency room and they don't ask for anything but start working on you immediately, you are pretty bad. My regular lapband doctor is reconnecting bad this coming Thursday. My eating is so totally out of control and I really want to get back to "normal". I am committed and am going to do my best. Anybody that eats way to much knows the struggles and challenges faced everyday. I know this is not magic, but only a tool. Good luck to you all.

I got banded December 21, 2005. I did great until my mom got ill and passed. I have been struggling off and on since 2010. I had lost 100lbs but gained 40. However have recently lost 10lbs. On my way to getting back to my goal. I would love to connect with others who are getting their act together but just need some online buddies to help each other get to our goal!! My name is Jan. please feel free to write me. Taking The Do Over journey for the LAST time!!

I had the back in 2009. Lost over 100 pounds but have gained a LOT back. I need the support to get back on schedule. Any help would be GREAT!! I am in MI if there is anyone to help in this area that would be Awesome.

I had foot surgery in Jan 2012 and that started the "upward" climb. Now with added stress due to my son's deployment to Afghanistan that has just added to the binge eating.

PLEASE HELP get this mom back on TRACK!! :(

I was banded in October 2010 and like most of you lost about 50lbs and was doing great! Met the new love of my life and due to a misplacement of my mirena got pregnant with our daughter who is now a healthy and happy 20 month old. I then continued to lose about 10lbs that I had gained when I was pregnant. Then in July of 2012 I found out I was pregnant again with our second daughter.. I gained about 15lbs with her which put me at 316lbs the day before she was born.. I then decided after I had her that I needed to lose this weight! I wanted To be there for my 4 kids (2 of which I had in a previous abusive relationship)! And that I was slowly killing myself by not utilizing the tool I so badly wanted!

A month after my last daughter was born I saw my lapband surgeon i weighed 304 lbs and decided then and there that i needed a fill! i got 1 1/2CCs added to my 10CC band making it 6 1/2 CCs on April 16th and I lost 25lbs to date! I joined a gym and am exercising and eating healthier!

I can't wait to keep up this journey because this is my last restart bc I'm NOT quoting again!

Would love to start a group for us that are starting over. Had to have lapband disconnected and now reconnected. I do not know how to set it up, but would love to participate.

Would like to join this"do over" group.... In need of a buddy... Haven't gained weight back but been going to surgeon every month and gaining and losing the same 3-7 lbs.. Want to be motivated and consistent. Dealing with the,emotional part of things. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I would love to have a support group also. I have been banded since 06 and am fairly stable weight wise. When I got too filled about 2 yrs ago, I had an unfill. Shocked myself how easy it was to revert to poor habits, even though I worked out a lot.

Thanks to this site I found a local doctor who soon had me back to where I needed to be. I am so thankful for my band. I know I need it to keep me "normal" sized whatever that means to each of us personally. For me it means regular sized clothing. We all have our own sense of where we need to be size and or weight wise

Please let me know if a group forms. I would really appreciate it

Julie

OK I decided to start a FB group which will be Private meaning Only that you won't have to worry if you have another account and having other friends etc.. UPDATE:

started a FB group just go and ask to join and WELCOME to Support!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lapbandsupportresearch/

I had the back in 2009. Lost over 100 pounds but have gained a LOT back. I need the support to get back on schedule. Any help would be GREAT!! I am in MI if there is anyone to help in this area that would be Awesome.

I had foot surgery in Jan 2012 and that started the "upward" climb. Now with added stress due to my son's deployment to Afghanistan that has just added to the binge eating.

PLEASE HELP get this mom back on TRACK!! :(

God bless you on your re-band journey. I am praying for you and your son in Afghanistan.

As a mom, I feel your plight and it is so true how emotions affect our eating.

I was banded in 12/28/12 and I've lost a total of 45 lbs but now I'm at a standstill. I'm using my fitness pal religiously and I hope to get below 220. I've had 3 fills so far but still haven't hit that sweet spot. I'm eating less but still have head hunger.

What I'm trying to say is that you can do this and my thoughts and prayers are with you! Good luck!