Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had the best salad

I don't know if it is band friendly. But I have been eating the best salad lately. i stole the idea from Norstroms. It is baby green (you can buy them premixed in a bag in the veggie section) a sugar free raspberry vinegarrette with some olive oil added to it to bring down the sharp taste, swiss cheese cut into some small square, 1/4 pear cut into small squares, 5 or 6 pralined pecans cut into a few small chunks. It is sooooo good. the cheese and pear and pralines really add some nice flavor, and the vinegarette is really calmed down by the extra oil. It is low in cals, and is filling. the cheese also gives you some Protein to fill you for longer periods of time.

Jut thought I'd share cause I like it soooo much. I am thinking of trying an asian flair to it at some point. Substitute the pralines with mandarin oranges and do a ginger vinegarette. Maybe add some shredded chicken to it too.

Amy, I just found the best Asian Sesame Ginger dressing. SevenSeas makes it. Its sweet and has that sesame flavor YUMMM! I also dip my chicken in it. Its premade (not in the packets). I make an asian salad with sliced almonds, m-oranges, chicken and you know those oriental noodles (crunchy) I crush them on top for crunch.. MMMMMMMM!!!

Eileen, I've had that b4, OMG, the noodles give such an extra bang. Every time I eat it I'm amazed I don't get clogged, LMAO. Why is that? Something as crunchy as those noodles go right down, but let me take a bite of chicken and look out spit.

eileen i will have to try that dressing! I have been diggin on the salads lately, trying to do something other than half a head of lettuce and some blue cheese. LOL I have been getting into more of the baby greens, the spinaches, romaine hearts, etc. My mother makes a dresing that is sooooo good. you take equal parts fat free sour cream and fat free mayo. Mix them together. Then do 2 tbls of honey and 2 tbls of lime juice. Voila! It is sooooo good and creamy, and low in fat. The sugar from the honey is natural so it does not spike your blood sugar as much, and really adds a nice flavor. you can adjust the honey flavor though. I have never tried substituting the honey with an artificial sweetener but since it adds no texture i am sure that an artificial sweetener could be used. It is great on salads, to dip meat into, as a sauce over fish. fabulous!!!

I don't know if it is band friendly. But I have been eating the best salad lately. i stole the idea from Norstroms. It is baby green (you can buy them premixed in a bag in the veggie section) a sugar free raspberry vinegarrette with some olive oil added to it to bring down the sharp taste, swiss cheese cut into some small square, 1/4 pear cut into small squares, 5 or 6 pralined pecans cut into a few small chunks. It is sooooo good. the cheese and pear and pralines really add some nice flavor, and the vinegarette is really calmed down by the extra oil. It is low in cals, and is filling. the cheese also gives you some Protein to fill you for longer periods of time.

Jut thought I'd share cause I like it soooo much. I am thinking of trying an asian flair to it at some point. Substitute the pralines with mandarin oranges and do a ginger vinegarette. Maybe add some shredded chicken to it too.

Questions: Do you mix the dressing into the salad before you serve?

Thanks, Shawn

You might like this one, it's GOOD!

Baby spinach mixed with mediterranean blend. Add dried cranberries (if you can eat them) and glazed walnuts & pecans. Add sliced portabella and cap mushrooms. Toss in Blue cheese vinaigrette.

that sounds great wheetsin! minus the mushrooms. I can't eat mushrooms. but the rest sounds perfect. I'll try that this weekend.

shawn, i usually drizzle the dressing over the salad. But it can be tossed in it, or even served on the side and dipped with the salad. after mixing it it is actually quite smooth and liquidy, not really thick and chunky, so it drizzles well.

ok, just had another great salad!!

baby spinach leaves

about two spoonfulls of almond shavings

1/4 yellow bell pepper chopped up

1/4 small vidalia (sweet) onion chopped up

1 firm roma Tomato chopped up

2 spoonfulls olive oil

2 spoonfulls vidalia onion vinegarette

omigawd

so yummy.

for those of you who might not have noticed, i have found a new love in salads. All sorts. and they are so filling with very little calories and such.

share with me your favorite salad (including fruit) recipes. I really am looking for all sorts.

I will catalogue them all. and you can bet i will try just about every one of them!!

here is another salad that my kids just love!!

4 or 5 roma tomatoes, sliced

2 ounces of wet mozzarella cut into chunks

3 or 4 spoonfulls of olive oil

1 tablespoon basil

fresh ground pepper

You can add this to a green salad as well, but i prefer just the tomatoes and cheese. you can also add roasted garlic to it to really punch up the flavor. and sometimes my DH will saute the tomatoes breifly in the oil and garlic, then pour the whole lot onto the cheese on a large dish. hot or cold, this is a great salad!!

How about this...My personal fav..Salad greens, lean deli roast beef, mandarin orange slices, crunchy lo mein noodes and fat free blue cheese dsg and a few pecans or walnuts. YUMMMMMMMM