Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lapband just over a week ago. The last two days I have had two large meals! I know I shouldn't have and I'm going back on a liquid diet tomorrow. Could I have already stretched my pouch? I'm so worried! I go for my first fill march 22nd

My dr used the term pop a stitch. I wouldn't be worried if I streached my pouch as I would be concerned if everything is where it is suppose to be (ie the band). Not sure what to say or what advise to give.

what type/kind of meals?

pizza or what?

and why would you do this if you were advised to do liquids after surgery if you were.. kinda late now to be concerned.....def need to call and let your dr know and let them advise you.

Veges and rice.

I'm not looking for negative comments, I know what I did was wrong.

Veges and rice.

not negative, just advising you to call and let your dr know (especially if you are concerned you hurt the band).

Yeah I live 18 hours away from my doctor but ill call Monday

You are probably ok, but if you continue this behavior your increasing your risk for problems with your band and hurting your weight loss.

Veges and rice.

I dont see any negative comments but if you are going to post in the forum you have to learn to take what you need and just leave the rest behind. Many people on here are not going to sugar coat responses.

it is stiched in and it is not strechy that's why you hear us tslk about being stuck cause the bsnd is pretty firm and to big of bit just sits there cause that area no long stretches out...not to worry but do follow the plan so you heal faster. I know its hard at this stage but it really is for your health and success.

I had that feeling once too. Over stuffed myself. We all have our moments. Calling your doctor is important. They are only there to help. I remember not being able to really eat for almost a month after my surgery. I didnt take to it very well.Felt like I got run over by a truck. But it got better. I'll be wishing you luck!!!!

I agree with the posters above and I also don't recommend waiting until Monday to call your doctor. From what I was told by my doctor, you aren't going to stretch your pouch overeating once or twice. However, your stomach is not healed by any means yet and you can tear your sutures or have a slip because of it being so early and not healed, which can lead to serious problems. Your stomach needs to be resting now (with liquids and whatever stage of food your doctor advised now). The churning of eating solids too soon and the pressure of overeating is dangerous at this point. To CG's point earlier too, you don't have to answer to US why you did it, but you should answer that to yourself so you can avoid potentially harming yourself and find ways to prevent it happening again.

Well, kudos for having the balls to come on a forum and confess your indiscretion. And you know you did wrong, just don't do it again. Otherwise we're all gonna have to really kick your butt ;)

BTW-You're going to have to grow a thicker skin if you want truthful responses here on this forum. We all want you to thrive and be successful and each of us will do it in a different way. Don't expect a Polyanna answer to every comment.

tmf

Don't wait until tomorrow to go back on the liquid diet- do it now. Right now. Not another bite of food that isn't allowed on your post op diet.

As others aptly stated, your concern shouldn't be stretching your pouch your concern should be ripping the new stitches out of your stomach and causing serious damage. You need to call your doctor immediately, not Monday, and tell him what you did so he can decide what the best course of action is.

Best wishes.

You got some good responses to your post, even if you didn't enjoy reading them. Sometimes tough love is hard medicine to swallow, but our potential for growth, change, and success is compromised if we don't take the medicine.

The other day a dear friend of mine gave me some feedback about my behavior that was not at all easy to take, but I know she loves me and since I very much admire her, I managed to survive the experience having learned something I need to know. You are very new to this forum, so it's too soon for you to have established a rapport with anyone here like the rapport I have with my friend. I think if you stick around a while, you'll find that LBT members dish out delicious praise just as often as they dish out bitter medicine.

And as they say in 12-step programs, take what you need and leave the rest.

Well, kudos for having the balls to come on a forum and confess your indiscretion. And you know you did wrong, just don't do it again. Otherwise we're all gonna have to really kick your butt ;)

BTW-You're going to have to grow a thicker skin if you want truthful responses here on this forum. We all want you to thrive and be successful and each of us will do it in a different way. Don't expect a Polyanna answer to every comment.

tmf

Loved your answer and how you put it, plain and simple!!