Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What was everyone's post-op diet? I am one week out and I am supposed to be on liquids, broth, Jello, pudding, and Protein Shakes for one more week before I can move on to mushy/soft foods. I haven't really been eating anything at all, because I don't WANT broth or pudding or Popsicles anymore. I feel hungry, and know that it isn't just "head-hunger" because I am drinking my 6-8 glasses of Water a day, as instructed. I feel like I need something more.

First five days after surgery were Clear Liquids including Water, crystal light, diet snapple, tea, sf ice pops, and low sodium broth. I took was utterly sick of those by day 3! The next two weeks consisted of 3 Protein Shakes a day and water, crystal light, diet snapple, or tea to hit 64 oz. the neat phase (which I'm currently on) is 2 Protein shakes a day and 1 soft food meal a day including protein and veggies (3oz. Each) and if needed a light snack anywhere in the day (typically string cheese, cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt). My next phase will be solids and my dr recommends either 1 or 2 shakes a day and 1 solid meal for optimum weight loss. I may do 1 a day because I can't live forever on 2 shakes and a meal forever.

I had clear liquids for days 1 and 2 only. From 3 to 14 days i can have any of those clear liquids plus:

stage 1 baby food (had pears this morning, wasnt to bad!)

lowfat yoguart

sf pudding or custard

strained cream Soups (tomato, cream of chicken, mushroom, celery, brocc cheese, mix them for better flavors, add seasoning!)

vegetable juice

non fat, 1% of 2% milk

I was told to eat 3 to 5 times a day 2 to 4 oz of whatever i pick above, all the while fitting in 1 protien drink and of course the water!

Ive found it kinda hard to get it all in, im only on day 4 so im probably pretty swollen still.

Hope this helps, im down 3.5 lbs since surgery monday!

I actually just weighed at my in-laws' house (because I have yet to invest in a scale at home lol) and if it's correct, I have lost 12 lbs in one week. If the broths and Popsicles is all I can have, I would just rather not eat. I have had 1 Protein Drink today, at about 2 pm, and that's the extent of what I have had today.

It was hard for me also the second week i called my dr and spoke to him about it and he said it was ok for me to have a lil cream of wheat that helped me get thru the last few days of my second week...but again everyones drs have diffrent rules..Its definetly tough but your halfway thru that phase and 12lbs in a week is definetly great progress... Best wishes and stay positive hun..