Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can tell you my success is tied to drinking enough Water. I hit a plateau last month and then noticed I wasn't drinking the amount of Water I was previously.

I wasn't eating Breakfast because I wasn't hungry. I started eating a Protein Bar for Breakfast and drinking more water and I'm losing again.

Be patient and just follow the rules. I have lost 70 pounds since early September. I'm half way to my goal! Good luck. Be strong. I know this works. My sister lost 120 in a year and a half this way. Just takes time and your determination to follow the rules.

Congratulations on your success!! That's amazing! I'm going to work on my water even more!

Hey!!

You are doing really well!! Don't give up and get pass this hurdle because you CAN DO IT. It is worth if not only for weight loss but for your future health!! I haven't lost recently either and it is frustrating but my doc only told me 6-8 pounds a month.......

I see you on MFP and you are doing great with your working out also! It is nice your smiling face coming up with your boyfriend on the feed!

Keep working hard it WILL PAY OFF!!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement! :) I'm sure one way or another it will show!

I totally agree with IP post!!

i am someone merely who thinks you are doing fantastic and want you to believe it..i wont respond to your posts again. all the best' date=' you will be at goal in no time.[/quote']

Thank you. I apologize because I did not read your entire post, only your beginning which really heated me. I just felt like I was being judged when all I was doing was venting. Yesterday was my weighin day, hence my post because I was shocked, and today I felt bummed again- hence this post. I am proud of my monthly success- just bummed about this weeks weigh in. Again, my apologies

I read your MFP logs and you are kicking butt! Keep it up and the scale with catch up with you!!

Thank you! :) despite being bummed about the academy I feel great that I've been following the rules 100%!

Keep your head up!! Try to stay positive!

You said you've been exercising.. Maybe ur developing some muscle!

I hope so! That's what my bf keeps telling me, too!

Keep in mind too that if you are anywhere near your TOM, that can have a big impact on Water retention, etc. I weigh daily (not obsessed about it but just to watch that I am not trending upward). Some days I can get on the scale and it is up 2 lbs, the next day it is gone again and I did nothing different. Just try to focus on the average. You may weigh yourself tomorrow and be down 4 lbs. It can really fluctuate from day to day. I am down 1.5 lbs this a.m. from yesterday. I know I didn't lose 1.5 lbs of fat from yesterday to today... it just "is what it is". If you are doing the right thing w/ eating and drinking, it will come off. In the beginning we are so eager hoping it will fall off week to week but the reality is not that way for most of us.

When I have hit plateaus, I went back to how much Water I was drinking and how much Protein I was taking in. If you are under on those, it makes a big difference.

Lastly, know that this is a huge emotional journey, not just physical. Around 4-6 weeks for me I was very sensitive and very emotional. Not only are we changing our physical eating habits but our emotional ones. It is hard but we get through it. I appreciated that you apologized to CG above as I know she just wants the best for you.

Since you are also new to this, sometimes a PM will help clear things up or if you really are offended by someone, you can block them so you don't see their posts and vice versa. I hope it doesn't ever come to that as I do believe that most people on this site really do want the best for our fellow banders. I just ignore the posts that I don't find value in and read the ones that do. :)

Best wishes to you on this journey!

Keep in mind too that if you are anywhere near your TOM' date=' that can have a big impact on Water retention, etc. I weigh daily (not obsessed about it but just to watch that I am not trending upward). Some days I can get on the scale and it is up 2 lbs, the next day it is gone again and I did nothing different. Just try to focus on the average. You may weigh yourself tomorrow and be down 4 lbs. It can really fluctuate from day to day. I am down 1.5 lbs this a.m. from yesterday. I know I didn't lose 1.5 lbs of fat from yesterday to today... it just "is what it is". If you are doing the right thing w/ eating and drinking, it will come off. In the beginning we are so eager hoping it will fall off week to week but the reality is not that way for most of us.

When I have hit plateaus, I went back to how much Water I was drinking and how much Protein I was taking in. If you are under on those, it makes a big difference.

Lastly, know that this is a huge emotional journey, not just physical. Around 4-6 weeks for me I was very sensitive and very emotional. Not only are we changing our physical eating habits but our emotional ones. It is hard but we get through it. I appreciated that you apologized to CG above as I know she just wants the best for you.

Since you are also new to this, sometimes a PM will help clear things up or if you really are offended by someone, you can block them so you don't see there posts and vice versa. I hope it doesn't ever come to that as I do believe that most people on this site really do want the best for our fellow banders. I just ignore the posts that I don't find value in and read the ones that do. :)

Best wishes to you on this journey![/quote']

Thank very much for this! :). I definitely have been extremely emotional this whole time and I do feel bad for my heated response to CG. Tour words f encouragement and advice are greatly appreciated! :)

Jennifer. DONT GIVE UP. There are a great number of reasons the weight didnt change. Look at it this way_- It didnt jump up thirty pounds! You are doing great. I stalled for a while. Got bummed. Than realized IT WAS ME that was not doing the right things. It sounds to me like you are. Just give it a little time. Rememeber- we didnt get heavy over night, and we wont get thin over night. Stick with it. You are doing great. And we are there for you. So vent all you want. I'll never stop listening!

Well if one week is getting you this upset, you may be in for a rude awakening! Unfortunately, plateaus happen. It's just crazy! I do not post on here much, but when I read you may be losing motivation; I felt I would like to respond.

I am one week past my one year anniversary of being banded and so far I have lost almost 130lbs. I am exercising my butt off, and this weekend, I will be running my first half marathon (13.1) race in San Diego, with my personal goal of finishing the race within 3 hours. By the way, in January I just turned 50 years old.

Currently, I am 20 pounds away from my goal weight and I lose about 1 pound every 2 to 3 weeks. So, I know how frustrating it is to step on that scale, hoping for a loss number to show up, only sees the same number as last time, or even a higher number. This can and will be very emotional, especially if you are doing everything like you are supposed to do.

I just want you to know that there are a lot of people just like us who go through this numerous times on their way to their goal. I had a plateau that lasted three and a half weeks. Believe me I know how frustrating this can be and it only made me want to step on that scale even more often, which I did daily. I believe that this caused me more stress and the more stress I put on myself, he more I didn't lose. No matter what the scale shows now, I only weigh myself once a week, that's it.

As for motivation, just keep focusing on the positives, (I know that is very hard to do) and just keep staying upbeat! Follow the doctor’s orders, and programs, and this will work out for you, just as it has for thousands of other people!

Also, you can't see my weight loss in my pic as it is a before photo and I’m currently at work, but in the next couple of days, I will post a new "after" photo of me. There should be an "In Process" photo slot on this site as well. LOL!

Good luck to you and please stay motivated!!

Pete

Muscle weights more than fat!! Enough said!

Just keep going!!! I'm only 2 and a half weeks into my new life and while I don't see much weight loss, I feel fabulous! My energy, my sleep, my attitude are all better. My scale says I've lost 20lbs but I'm not buying it!( I didn't own a scale before surgery so I'm waiting for my doc's scale to verify!)

We chose to be banded because we were ready to make the commitment. It sucks to have an off week but look at the overall picture-- you are doing GREAT!! Every pound I lose is a kind I didn't lose three weeks ago and for that I am thankful!!

VENT AWAY, first of all congrats on your fantastic weighloss. Sounds like you're doing all the right things and yes as everyone has already posted fluctuations are a pain and normal part of weightloss. We eat so little and exercise so we expect and should be loosing every single day but unfortunately our bodies don't always do what they are supposed to. Just stay strong and keep at it and you will be rewarded every week.

Just last week my weight went up 6 pounds over a three day period, I had only had two meals per day over those three days so there is no way it was fat weight, it was Water weight, it's been really hot here and this heat has played havoc with my body and scales. This week it's all come off again plus an extra pound. I also weigh every day but only record an official weight every Monday.

You will be very emotional at this part of your new journey, I'm pretty sure the majority of us were. I remember I'd cry over the most ridiculous things.

So vent away, the majority of us understand this process!