Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Wilkenfeld in Conroe, Tx.

I am using the same! My insurance is making me do the 6 month wait so I have one more weigh in and then I get my surgery... A friend of mine had him do her lap band and she is doing great! She had surgery almost a year ago and has lost almost 80lbs already... She gave me high recommendations so here I am waiting my turn and can't wait...

Myself and about 6 people I have known for years have used him. I had surgery may 7th.

I actually drive over a hour to him vs using the doctor near me because of the reviews ((and the doctor true results offered me I ended up not feeling comfortable with))

I haven't met him yet but I will be on Monday for my Pre-Op appointment and my surgery is set for June 28th with him! I'm very excited! I'm also going through True Results. Congrats on starting your journey!!

I'm supposed to have my surgery done by Dr. Wilkenfeld on June 25th, in two days. The only thing I'm nervous about is that the surgery center called me and asked me if I had completed my Pre-Op appointment with Dr. Wilkenfeld's office yet. My response: "What Pre-Op appointment?!" Apparently, they were supposed to call me to make an appointment, and someone dropped the ball. This was 2pm on Friday, and their office was closed.

Needless to say, I got upset in a hurry. Without the appointment, my surgery gets rescheduled. That means all the arrangements I've made with work, childcare, etc. all go down the tubes. Plus, I may have to start my pre-op diet over again? Someone PLEASE tell me their office staff is very easy to work with. Their office opens at 9am tomorrow. I plan on being on the doorstep as they unlock the door. I've got my laptop and my Verizon card, I'll work from the waiting room if I have to, and wait patiently for them to fit me in to the schedule. :D

I'll be nice and professional. But, if they tell me my surgery is being bumped because one of their staff forgot to call me in for the pre-op appointment, I'll likely be going to one of the other surgeons.

I'm supposed to have my surgery done by Dr. Wilkenfeld on June 25th' date=' in two days. The only thing I'm nervous about is that the surgery center called me and asked me if I had completed my Pre-Op appointment with Dr. Wilkenfeld's office yet. My response: "What Pre-Op appointment?!" Apparently, they were supposed to call me to make an appointment, and someone dropped the ball. This was 2pm on Friday, and their office was closed.

Needless to say, I got upset in a hurry. Without the appointment, my surgery gets rescheduled. That means all the arrangements I've made with work, childcare, etc. all go down the tubes. Plus, I may have to start my pre-op diet over again? Someone PLEASE tell me their office staff is very easy to work with. Their office opens at 9am tomorrow. I plan on being on the doorstep as they unlock the door. I've got my laptop and my Verizon card, I'll work from the waiting room if I have to, and wait patiently for them to fit me in to the schedule. :D

I'll be nice and professional. But, if they tell me my surgery is being bumped because one of their staff forgot to call me in for the pre-op appointment, I'll likely be going to one of the other surgeons.[/quote']

:( Uh oh. Yeah calling to schedule the appointment was up to me but him and his wife do the preop on Wednesdays from what I was told... They normally won't schedule the surgery without being sure your preop is scheduled. Good luck and I hope the figure something out for you.

My surgery has been scheduled for over two weeks, and I was never told anything. I'm going to be furious if I'm turned away tomorrow morning.

EDIT: ok, I may be getting upset too quickly. According to rbmk14 above, she had her Pre-op appt. on a Monday. So, all may not be lost. I just know I had coordinate my vacation time with several others that I work with. Plus, my insurance deductible resets on July 1st. If I don't have my surgery this Tuesday, my cost is going to go from $155 to $1000. I just need to keep my cool and reserve my judgement until i have a chance to talk to them tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes. I think I'm about to email my patient advocate at True Results, as well. See how many angles I can tackle this from. :)

Success! I have my Pre-Op appointment this afternoon, and my surgery is still on for tomorrow. They said I was scheduled for Wednesday, but I never received a call. I even went back and double checked my voicemails, nothing. Someone oopsed. Oh well, I'm the last one to criticize another for forgetting something. My memory is horrible, drives my wife crazy. :wacko:

Success! I have my Pre-Op appointment this afternoon' date=' and my surgery is still on for tomorrow. They said I was scheduled for Wednesday, but I never received a call. I even went back and double checked my voicemails, nothing. Someone oopsed. Oh well, I'm the last one to criticize another for forgetting something. My memory is horrible, drives my wife crazy. :wacko:[/quote']

Amazing And congrats! I was gonna get on and ask how it's going when I saw this. So happy for you!

That's awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you, cuz they majorly screwed up with me!! I just got a call from True Results and they're now telling me that I have to change surgeons and locations because my insurance requires me to do it inpatient. I knew this when I was approved and literally talked to everyone at Dr. WIlkenfeld's office to make sure it was okay to do it outpatient, and they all told me it was fine, I don't need to do it inpatient. Now I've been on my preop diet for almost 2 weeks and was supposed to have surgery 3 days from now, and now I'm going to have to wait another 2-3 weeks. Ugh I'm so frustrated right now.

Wilkenfeld is my Dr also and this morning I have my pre-op meeting (surgery next Tuesday, July 2). Can anyone tell me what happens in this meeting? I wasn't given any special instructions about what to eat/drink or not eat/drink for this meeting so I'm curious as to the purpose of the meeting if not to review the surgery, post-op diet, etc., and the ever popular paperwork. ? Have a great day everyone.

PlayRider I'm sure you're already at the office by now, but the preop at his office is just to go over the surgery and meet the doctor, and then there's a seminar thing with a group of people that his wife presents and just goes over the diet, what to expect after the surgery, etc. I already knew everything from True Results, but i guess if you didn't go through them you might not know all of it. They also have you sign the paperwork for surgery and most importantly, give you your pain and anti-naseua medications!!