Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow i will be 3 weeks post-op cannot wait for a fill im doing great in the morning .. Come the evening lately terrible with food choices! I keep telling myself STOP you are still healing just very hungry and even though my family has changed meals to healthier versions im not in the soft/solid food stage but yet have already ate that type of food. I need to get back on track!!!! I can do this ... Need to do this i was so motivated pre-op... But not so much post-op hmm

Try to do something to keep your mind off of food. Go for a walk, keep busy doing something. You have invested time and money into this and you don't want to take steps backward this early on. You can do this. Think of how good you will feel when you look good this summer in shorts.

You are absolutely right!!

I am in the same situation Friday will actually be 4 weeks and I have made some bad choices. I feel horrible like I already failed myself!! :(

I am in the same situation Friday will actually be 4 weeks and I have made some bad choices. I feel horrible like I already failed myself!! :(

Me too i need to get back on track i didnt come all thid way for nothing

I know it's hard, but remind yourself your post op diet has nothing to do with weight loss and everything to do with healing. Your stomach has been stitched and needs time to heal. Cheating on your post op diet puts you at very real risk for band slips and ripping those stitches. So, stick to your post op diet and remind yourself your health is at risk when you feel tempted to cheat.

Best wishes.

I know it's hard' date=' but remind yourself your post op diet has nothing to do with weight loss and everything to do with healing. Your stomach has been stitched and needs time to heal. Cheating on your post op diet puts you at very real risk for band slips and ripping those stitches. So, stick to your post op diet and remind yourself your health is at risk when you feel tempted to cheat.

Best wishes.[/quote']

I completely agree with you. It is hard to break bad habits. I feel so guilty because I am making poor food choices and need to get back on track. This is my 4th week and have lost no weight this week. I need to start keeping a food log and exercising more. Just remember we're all in this together!!!

I have lost no weight either but i am not concerned with that my nutrionist told me not to be discouraged if i dont lose any weight in the 6 weeks after surgery. I just need to stick to my post op liquid mushy pureed foods and think of how motivated i was pre op if i stuck out a strict pre op diet i need to do the same post op only i can make these choices and i know i can do better! Mornings are great i just need to tackle to evenings!

I feel your pain and can totally relate. HOWEVER, yes, it's about healing. With that being said, I understand myself how impatient I am to see results and watch the scale go down. I weigh myself daily and use My Fitness Pal to calculate all my intake and burn for calories. It's has helped a lot in keeping me motivated on the stages I need to accomplish. I too have cheated durning my Puree food choices. I started making my own egg salad, chili and Protein everything mashed potatoes to help me feel somewhat normal. The thickness and variety of the puree textures has help me survive this stage. I go next Wed for my next follow up to hopefully move out of puree's.

Maybe try your nutritionist or some higher fat/calorie Protein drinks mid day so that your evening snack is not as necessary. You can DO this! I totally understand how you feel. We will get the results that we work for. Hang in there! Keep us posted. Cheers to your healing.