Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly banded- kind of freakin out:)

I had Lapband surgery on the 25th so it's not even 5 days in, but I'm feeling overwhelmed. The gas pain has been pretty bad- especially in my left shoulder and neck. I'm using the heating pad and mixing rest with walking, but it doesn't really let up( I do sleep fine though:) I've been reading posts in this forum and have seen a wide range of this experience from a few days to having to get the band removed to escape the shoulder pain. I have also seen many people say they had this pain for several months and it helped them gage when they had eaten enough. I never bargained for this extra side effect.

I know I have a lot of healing and learning to go, but I just feel like I wonder if I made the right decision and I'm worried. I probably should just stop reading about everyone else's issues, stay positive, and focus on myself.

Lots of walking, peppermint tea and heating pad. I didn't have any pain until about 3 weeks and then every now and then for about 2.5 months. I found that when I had the pain, if I stood up and walked around it was better than if I stayed sitting. They pump your stomach cavity full of gas and it just has to dispurse. I also had alot of burping and farting..........quite the lady. I have not read that people have removed the band because of gas pain. (back pain is sometimes a sign of a slipped band) It was major surgery so you are probably feeling crappy, and it is a pretty big emotional decision. It does get better, give it some time. Remember 6 weeks for healing, so slow down and take it day by day!!!!!

Every day gets better. I was banded on the 15th of February and can do just about everything and feel no pain. There is hope. Each one of us heal differently so please be patient. I start full exercise on Wednesday, so I am sure I will feel my port and the muscles around my stomach that are still healing. I know you are still healing and are miserable, but try everything that fellow bandsters have recommended, something will click for you.

NO... don't give up now! You have come way to far and that pain DOES go away! I know that it is hard to think of that now because you hurt. To be honest... heat didn't help me, using an ice pack helps and WALK. I would get up every few hours and walk.. even in the middle of the night. I loved going outside but if it is too cold where you live, make a path around your house and make laps inside. I did that too! I would have a twinge of pain even 4 weeks after but walking helps... it is from being put to sleep... not a result of the band.

well, its major surgery and its gonna hurt...i read this forum before surgery and some had no pain, some had alittle and some had major..until we have the surgery, we dont know how our bodies will react..i do know, however, that every day you get and feel alittle better...you need patience, you need to rest and follow your doctors instructions..in no time, you will be on very forum telling someone else to hang in there as it does get better.

I was banned on February 19th I am 2 weeks in and I still have lots of pain in the port area left side. I also have lots of gas pain but I am here to say that the pain isn't as consistent as it was 2 weeks ago. my doctor said that it was on a patient to patient bases asto the healing process. staying positive it will get better. We have 6 weeks healing time