Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would I get the Band again?

Let's just say that when I go see my band doc in June that I will be discussing my options and what my insurance will cover. It might not even be an option for me. The other surgeries scare the shit out of me. LOL!! Funny that is what they will do too. LOL!!

I am gaining like mad and it is scaring the crap out of me. I now weigh 258 which is a 12 lb gain since I was unbanded in December. Doesn't sound like much given that was 4 months ago. THat would make it 3 lbs a month. But it is still too much for me. I see the pattern developing and I don't like it.

I already feel unhealthy too. Lots of swelling in my hands and ankles and feet. I get winded easier now too. Just like I did prior to banding. NOT GOOD AT ALL!!

This just plain and simply sucks. I need an intervention. LOL!!!

I hate no I love no I hate no I love no I hate food. Get the picture?!

I hear ya, Penni. Actually, I would even consider a gastric bypass at this point. It was always waaayyy too scary before my band removal, but now....it kind of seems like an option except I don't weigh enough for that surgery. I don't want to gain back all my weight in order to qualify - it's just not fair! (ok, enough whining)

I hope you're able to be rebanded, if that's what you want. I'll probably see about being rebanded at some point, too. I'm a self-pay so all of these surgeries are getting expensive - I'm definitely NOT rich!

Take care and get out those NutriSystem meals. You can do it - at least temprarily, right!?! Oh, by the way, thanks for telling me about NS-I've been doing well on it, for now anyway.

I think my big issue is eating healthy when I travel. I can sorta control my eating when I am home. I have the nutrisystem meals but when I travel it is really hard to eat right. I know it can be done but just more difficult. And most times you have limited choices to eat anyway when travelling.

I just gotta either travel less or when I do travel to figure out how to make it work without gaining.

SIGH!!

The trials and tribulations of fueling this carbon based unit. LOL!!

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Penni is La_Madam still using her Hoodia and if so do you know howshe is doing on it? Didn't you also get some? I hope you are able to find something that works for you. I will keep my fingers crossed for ya. We eat out alot more now for some reason and I eat alot of salads...chef, grilled chicken, with fat free dressing. Take your own dressing if you have to. I do.

Penni i think you re dissapointed and angry with yourself..

you re trying to hurt yourself in someway.. one thing you must

understand.. that the removal of your band was NOT your fault!

stop judging yourself negative! i know you have heard everything from everyone again and again! you re mourning the band removal and i feel you.. i would do the same.. its normal.. try please to do not take

other weight... dont lose either.. dont be in any diet.. give sometime

to yourself to think what you can do.. only just stop hurting yourself..

no you do not love food.. you just hurting yourself right now..

if you need somebody to talk i ll be happy to pm with you!

Hey Sister,

If MY band was removed... 6 months later I would be checking into something too.

If we couldve done this weightloss stuff to begin with, NONE of us wouldve needed this band.

But like Shanna, If my band must leave me, I would probably consider option 2.

((hugs))

Penni,

I would certainly explore your options and keep them open. You just had some bad luck and hopefully you will not experience the same issues if you were re-banded.

Hang in there. There is an answer for you. I pray you find it soon.

I know how hard this is--oh, I know. I have a love/hate relationship with food, too. It's so hard...

Never give up hope!!! Hugs to you--

Hey Girlie- Well you know how I feel. I will support you in any decision you may or may not be thinking of. One think is for sure. We all need support both emotionally & physically! If insurance covers you- well cool- come stay & recoup with me ! I'll treat you like the "Queen" you are!!

One day at a time - O.K.??!

love you!

I'm sorry sorry your having such a hard time.

Do you want the band? I know even being on my second band I would have another if insurance let me.

Take it easy on yourself...hugs...

Penni, Hang in there with me.... My insurance no longer covers any type of weight loss surgery, or anything for weight loss. So, my chances of getting another surgery is slim to none. I would have to gain weight to get approved for any weight loss surgery and I am not willing to gain weight. I have worked to keep this weight off and I will do my best to succeed. I enjoyed my band while I had it, but I don't think that I would ever do the band again, IF I had another surgery it would be one of the many other ones.

But, Penni, take a deep breath, each day is a new one and we can do this!

Hey Penni,

I've been lurking..... and wanted to say that I think you are one of the bravest, most compassionate person that I have ever met. I'm so sorry that all these troubles have followed you. Hugs for being such a great gal, whatever road you choose, I'm 100% behind you for support. Could you update us on your TV show "biggest loser" application. Did they pick contestants already? Heart Hugs,

I think that if you had sucess witht he band the first time around until the complications developed you should condiser being re banded if it is an option you want to/ can afford to persue. I think it would be AWESOME to see some oneI know on the Biggest Loser" IT would give me an ever greater reason to watch tv and cheer on someone (and I know you are all behind me when I say this) that we love and admire.

Penni, maybe eating protien bars for Meal Replacements would be an option for you as you travel. Maybe you could order glass of ice to pour your protien shakes over as others eat.. if it is for work that you travel try ordring a fish dish or the healtiest dish on the menu... try out the different cusines that offered in the differnt places you go. My biggest problem with eating out preband was that i wouldnt try new items. I knew what i would eat at each resturaunt. esp the fast food ones. I am sure you have looked into some of these options; I hope I am offering you someithing new to consider.

best of luck on your options. we wil all be praying for you.