Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Center chest pain?

Ok, so last wednesday i started getting this side pain, it was so severe that i had to go to the hospital that day, but they didnt do anything for my besides just say it was a muscle sprain and took a chest xray, told me everything was fine and gave me ibuprofen which didnt help at all.The side pain lasted about a week. Then i started getting heartburn or acid reflux and now i have this chest pain in the center of my chest and it feels like food is stuck but theres no food there, its a tight feeling and just hurts. i dont know if this is related to the band or not and i dont know what to do, i dont want to go back to the hospital and waste my time.

what do i do ?

waste your time and go back to your doctor and hospital and tell them something is wrong and dont leave til you feel better.

Go to your surgeron or at least a lapband doc not the ER- sometime the ER isn't expereienced enough with lapband patients. Go to a doctor asap!

waste your time and go back to your doctor and hospital and tell them something is wrong and dont leave til you feel better.

Don't leave until something is done-is right. My husband said that to a doctor and ended up having open heart surgery and he would have died without it.

it's not as bad as it was, i feel winded kind of, mom kind of thinks its this cold going around, but if im still having pains tomorrow, im going to see if i can go to my surgeon since he can do a test, forgot what its called but you drink this chalky white stuff and have an xray? but yeah

Have them check for gallstones especially if it gets worse after you eat anything.

Barium swallow is what its called. Good luck!

i don't have my gallblader lol I already had it removed in 2010 because I did have gallstones.But I went to my hospital last night because I couldn't wait to go see my surgeon.The doctor at the hospital said heartburn or acid reflux.They took blood work and a urine example, everything came back good, the nurse gave me a GI cocktail or something like that to numb the pain and she gave me something else after through the IV. But yeah, the docto prescribed Zantak so hopefully that's all that is wrong with me

I hope so! Make sure to take it and keep the acid to a minimum that could really hurt you in the long run.

how long should it take for it to go away? after i took the first pill and was able to eat something, it doesnt hurt as much as it did, THANK GOD! but it feels like i ran a mile and wasnt used to it, know what i mean? blah this is lame lol and not fair :/ and yeah i know, i hope it gets back to normal

I still think you should follow up with your surgeon. I was told by mine that my reflux would go away after surgery.

You still need to go see your surgeon ASAP. No one you saw is qualified to check your band and you should not be having reflux or pain. Not to scare you, but you have the symptoms of a slip and you should not let this go.

Go see your bariatric surgeon.

I was thinking the same thing as missy. Call your surgeon

It is a slip and surgery is april 19