Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious about progress of bandster @ 9 to 12 months out.

I was wondering about the progress of bandsters that are 8 to 12 months since surgery...What level of fill are you at? How much have you lost? What do you eat in a day? How much do you exercise? I had surgery 10 months ago. I have lost 62 pounds since surgery date, and 70 since preop. I will admit I do very little exercise, and I have 2.5 cc in my 4 cc band. I eat Break = 6 oz, yogurt, snack = 3 oz beef Jerky, lunch = 1 1/2 cups chicken salad, snack = 1/4 cup cashews, dinner = 5 oz, pork cutlet, 1 cup salad, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes. Before now I have struggled with carbs & sweets so I am trying to cut them down starting this week. It's hard. I just want know how others are progressing at during this time frame:biggrin1:

I'm at 13 months out, so close enough I guess.

Let's see, for my activities for a typical week, now that I'm home. ... I've spent 5 hours doing serious heavy yard work, including pruning hedges and trees, 2 hours belly dancing, plus pilaties and walking, and unpacking bins and boxes from my move home.

My food is about 1200-1400 calories, since it doesn't matter how much I eat. coffee, high Fiber cerial, 1/2 a sandwich, sensible dinner. Glass of milk at night.

Right now, I'm down a total of 25 pounds from my surgery. Sux to be me.

I am almost 9 months out and am down 67 pounds. I have 1.6 cc in a 4cc band.I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, usually vanilla with OJ like a dreamsicle. (the tropicana light 50% less sugar oj is great) for lunch usually leftovers from dinner the night before or a turkey hot dog no bun, and a slice of cheese. Dinner is some kind of meat, usually lean beef or chicken. I also do really well with ground beef. And some veggie, I am working on cutting back on salt and fat. I think I am as thin as I can get without surgical help. Most of my excess inches is made up of skin. I have gone from a 22/24 to a 12/14. I feel like my band has been a total success. Even if I don't lose another pound, I am content with my current size. The only thing that my band didn't help was my knee pain, I guess it wasn't the weight affecting it after all. ~Mandy

I am 11 months out. I will be celebrating my 1 year band anniversary next month and it's been an eye opener and a challenge. I have lost around 69 lbs, which I am very pleased and I have about 20 more to reach my initial goal.

I have had 5 or 6 fills and I am at 8.1ccfs in my VG band. I exercise anywhere from 5 to 6 days a weeks and I weight train with a trainer 2 evening during the week. The weight training has really helped in changing my body figure, so even though I hurt most days of the week and weekend, I am very pleased with the results.

For eating, I usually do a Protein drink or bacon & 1 egg white for breakfast (depending on how restricted I am) and veggies and some type of meat for lunch. dinner is usually light (a salad) or a Protein Drink cause of acid reflux, which I had prior to being banded. I do have my chocolate from time to time and chips do go down easy but I do limit the amount. Anyway, I drink a minimum of 32 ozs of Water a day but most days I get in my 64ozs, 32 is the minimum. I digest seafood well (except shrimp) and I haven't been able to eat chicken breast or any type of bread since being banded.

All in all, the band has been a great tool for me and I love it!:(

hmmm, some of my info is below in my sig. I work out at Curves 3 days a week. I try to walk for 1/2 hour 2 other days. I eat whatever, just less. Yogurt, banana, Lean Cuisine, CIB, salad, whatever for dinner. If I were more attentive I'l lose faster, but I'm a Mom with young kids and I'm enjoying life. I go on kicks where I'm driven to lose and do well, then slack off and maintain. Then struggle to maintain, then get hard on myself again. It's a wonder I have lost anything since the initial 15 pounds post-surgery. I love my band though. It helps me so much!

I don't "workout" but I park far from the stores, and walk the extra disntace. It sounds odd, but we just came back from Disney and I insisted on being the one to carry the backpack, it burned more calories. I eat grilled food when I can, and I bake breaded foods instead of frying them. I can't eat bread or rice and I do very little Pasta. Potatos are hard unless they are mashed, fries get stuck every time. I too go weeks without losing and then I will drop 2 or 3 pounds in a day or so. I have averaged almost 2 pounds a week, sometimes I really work at it and other times, I don't. I was a binge eater pre-band and I know if I deny myself of good things, I will binge and possibly hurt my band. I have an occasional piece of chocolate, and a great snack is the 100 calorie bag of microwave popcorn. I usually share it with my daughter. If my family goes for ice cream, I order a lowfat or sugar free, I also keep a bag of sugar free russel stover candies in the house, for emergencies! :( I know I already answered but wanted to add to what I had said. ~Mandy

I'm 11 months out... 1 yr bandiversary May 26th.

So far I've lost 60lbs which puts me about 1/2 way to my original goal (we'll see how I feel once I get there) I'm very pleased with my weight loss so far.

I'm not currently exercising and since I'm in the process of selling my house and moving I probably won't start until I get settled in to the new house (hopefully in a few months)

I can eat most foods but sometimes bread is a real problem. Cookies go down way to easy and I'm fighting the sweet tooth demon this month. Too much stress I guess...

I have about 2cc in my 4cc band.

My surgery anniversary date is June 9th. I am 60 pounds down. It seems I"ll stay the same for several weeks, then be down 2-3 pounds. I hit the gym 3x week and generally eat what I want when I want it. No bread, rice or potatoes for me. They generally get stuck. I was up to 7 cc in a 11cc VG band, but that was too tight. I went through much of March with horrid Acid Reflux and constant PB'ing. I had a complete unfill for 10 days and was filled back to 6cc's. This seems to be perfect for me. I thought I would have lost a little more than the 60 pounds by now, but who's complaining!:clap2:

I find it funny, but in the last month I have gotten lots of comments on my weight loss. I think it's the gym and I know I'm more likely now to wear t-shirts and sweaters that aren't shapeless rags and to also occasionally tuck them in!. The gym has really helped me. I love my band!