Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pre workout supplements?

Does anyone take any sort of pre workout supplements? pills? powders other then Protein? I've been looking into some of them to really make my workouts count but I'm not to sure how it'll work being banded. Any advice would be great thanks!

It's 4:20 am, sitting here on my 2nd cup of coffee before heading to the gym at 5am.....

I will take 15gm of pure pre-digesteed liquid Protein.....

4 grams of "Omga-3-acid ethyl esters" (fish oil) Rx, not over the counter stuff....

Men's mega Mutlti-Vitamin, Vitamin D-3, and Saw Palmetto (men's prostrate health)

I will bring 32 oz of flavored Water with me.....

I do not like to eat before working out....

After my workout, I will have a high Protein "smoothie" as a recovery, and also double as my Breakfast...

Don't know if ANY OF THIS has any positive effect on my workouts, but I will run 5 miles on the treadmill 5 days a week, then do some weights 3 days a week.....30 minutes in either the sauna or steam room, 15-20 minutes in the whirlpool, then shower, shave, and fresh clothes.....and off to work on weekdays.....

Again, I do all this on a empty stomach...I'm also 61 years old......

If you are talking about something like Jack3d or Assault (high stim) I would recommend caution. These are very strong stimulants. Our hearts are already working hard and to throw a bunch of caffeine of 1-3 Dimeth (geranium oil) could really have you feeling like crap.

I personally like to work out first think in the morning on an empty stomach. I would recommend drinking so BCAA's before and during your workout. Xtend or Elite Recoup are great products for that.

You have already taken the biggest step. You are banded. Just keep working out and eating right. It will keep coming.

b52 you are awesome!! To be that active at 61 years young is such an inspiration. Grownazzkid thanks that's exactly what I was talking about. I've taken those before my band and I know how I react to them I just didn't know if the band would have any type of weird affect. I just wanted something to help me get the best workout possible. I go to the gym everyday do cardio for an hour and do weights but I don't really notice any changes. I have only been banded for 3 months with only 1 fill so I shouldn't get to ahead of myself. Thanks guys!!

I cannot say that the band would matter, I guess you would drink it slower lol.

If you really want to use it try a half dose and see how you feel. If it goes down ok and you do not have any adverse effects, then work you way up to a full dose over a week or so.

Stats look like you are doing ok. Keep up the hard work and dedication. The results will come.

First up, check with your dr.

Secondly - count any calories that any supplements have

Thirdly - personally, I don't take any supplements pre-workout other than my normal daily Multi-Vitamin.< /p>

If it is a hot day or I am exercise particularly hard and long, I will add Gatorade powder to my Water to maintain the right balances.