Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best protien drinks

Hi, I am having my surgery on march 14th and was wondering if anyone would recommend what protien drinkd are the best for pre- op and post op.

Thanks!

I've been using the slim fast high protein/lo carb drinks. SAMs club may carry them. Walmart for sure does. I still do one for Breakfast and one midday.

I ordered mine from Unjury. I love them. The chicken Soup and unflavored have been great. I can get my Protein in while havinga bowl of soup or mixing the unflavored with anything. You can order a starter pack and taste them to see if you like them before you place a big order. I also like the chocolate splendor and strawberry sorbet.

That's great to know just ordered those Unjury shakes yesterday and they are a little pricey so I am glad to hear they will be worth the money!

I used GNC's brand Lean shake in a bottle already mixed up, Swiss Choc. My GNC let me sample before I bought. 25 grams of Protein. Just got some more the other day to have around when I feel tight in the mornings and when I get fills. I didn't care for the strawberry or vanilla.< /p>

I love unjury. I add in Torani sugar free White chocolate Syrup to the Vanilla. Or, I add in Torani English Toffee SF syrup to the chocolate Splendor with a tbs of PB2. Lately, I've been adding Starbucks Italian Roast Decaf to both as well. Yum!!!

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:2925]

[sharedmedia=trackers:tickers:2827]

Protein Shakes are a very personal thing. GNC has a 30 day return policy on everything -even if it is opened. Perhaps there or another nutrition store might be able to sell you sample sizes of some of the product to test out. Unfortunatly for me the only Protein Drink I can handle is the Optifast that is sold thru my dr's office - expensive, but it is only a back up for me..........I try to eat and not drink my Protein. good luck to you.

Has anyone tried the Special K drinks or the Ensure type drinks? I haven't had my surgery yet but I am a nurse and know they have the Ensure that are kinda like a juice or flavored Water.

I'm curious about the Protein drinks as well. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I have the surgery.

Best of luck and best wishes to everyone for a great weekend!

My doctor gave me a guideline to use when looking for the best shakes. Maybe you can see if he/her has one. All shakes are not the same. I like pure Protein, unjury and nectar. It is a good time to be creative. You can use sugar free pudding mixes, syrups and even PB2 (a Peanut Butter flour) to flavor your shakes. Let us know when you find one you like :)

Also some people like Isopure.

http://www.theisopurecompany.com/en/drinks

http://www.lap-band-surgery-site.com/bariatric-protein-shakes.html

Has anyone tried the Special K drinks or the Ensure type drinks? I haven't had my surgery yet but I am a nurse and know they have the Ensure that are kinda like a juice or flavored Water.

I'm curious about the Protein drinks as well. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I have the surgery.

I used the special k Protein Drinks when for a couple of days while i was waiting for my unjury shipment. They were good but they have a lot of calories compared to little Protein. 190 calories and 10 g of protein so i finished what i bought but wouldn't recommend them for that reason.

I used the special k Protein drinks when for a couple of days while i was waiting for my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shipment. They were good but they have a lot of calories compared to little Protein. 190 calories and 10 g of protein so i finished what i bought but wouldn't recommend them for that reason.

Oh ok. I'm new to all this and am just trying to figure out what I am going to have to do after the surgery is done.

Unjury is very good. I personally like the Atkins shakes. Pricy but easy to take to work. I only had to do liquids for a week and for 24 hours after each fill. Try the Unjury sampler. The chicken broth (vegetarian btw) is very good and a nice change from the sweet shakes.

I bought the clear ensure drink and couldn't gag down one, dumped the other 3 down the sink, couldn't even handle the smell.........again very personal choice, I have a sensitive taste and smell and have not found anything I can stomach besides Optifast.

I was told to do no to low sugar n carbs n I had to drink 80 to 100 grams of Protein a day. I used chocolate frosty pure protein it had 2 grams of sugar n 25 grams of protein n was very tasty. U should start tasting them now to prepare you for surgery so u know which one tastes the best for you.

I like the GNC Total Lean shakes the best. They always give me a discount too!