Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dropped 30 pounds my first month, BUT I also didn't lose for a week straight when I moved to pureed. Your body is healing, don't rush it follow your Dr.s guidelines and give it some time.

Well I am started this journey at 25o pounds so I wonder if that has anything to do with it as well!

I wouldn't think you being 250 lbs have anything to do with it. You are healing. Your body is adjusting and you will be fine as long as you stick to Drs orders.

Get most of your Protein from shakes, greek yogurt is excellent for Protein, refried Beans, cottage cheese, tuna salad. Yes, you can even mush up the family meal if it has a good source of protein.

I made a pot of taco Soup and mushed it for my mushy stage,good.

Main thing is protein, protein,protein and Water,water,water or any calorie free non carbonated , caffiene free liquid.

You'll be fine. Try not to stress!

I honestly think I am not taking in enough protien but I find it hard

Just a suggestion here about the Protein. I had to start drinking the ensure clear Protein drinks because I could not get enough Protein and enough fluids in when I was on that stage of the diet. So far I have only been able to find them at Walgreens. I buy the peach one but they also have Raspberry flavored. I am told Boost also has a clear Protein Drink. I have not been able to find that one. I didnt like the drink at first but now it has really grown on me and I find I really like it a lot. It also has a lot of Vitamins in it. I have a hard time chewing Vitamins or taking hte liquid ones because of the taste. These help me make sure I am getting enough nutrients also.

Erin you are not stupid. Being banded for almost 5 years, I see from reading all of the forums every single day that nobody has been given all the information concerning the band from day one. I have learned as I go along thanks to all the veteran bandsters on this website and I believe this is what has made me so successful. The people around me in my daily life that will admit to having the band struggle just like all of us and are clueless as to how this journey will be end up for them also. I guess it is how you look at this like I know from yo yo dieting my whole life, this is a diet for life but the band makes it so much easier. I do not get so hungry that my stomach hurts and I feel like it is torture to stay on the diet. I am always comfortable after my meals with such a small amount and I can go at least 4-5 hours between meals. I do occasionally cheat with a cookie or piece of pie but basically follow the rules of any good balanced meal plans of a healthy person. I really believe it is all in how you look at it and I try not to let that head hunger get the best of me. You will be fine, the beginning was hard for me too and I am still learning about my band even at this stage of the game. Good luck and keep positive.

I am in the Mushies stage as well and am finding it a challenge. After nearly a month of Protein shakes I am SO done with them and have to force myself to drink 1 a day. I do generally just mash up what the family is eating in the food processor (last night was taco seasoned chicken breast, guacomole, salsa and cheese) and eat that. I had been between 60-70g of Protein but find my calories are creeping up, I was at 1100 yesterday which is more than I want so I need to cut out things like the cheese. I find myFitness pal a great resource for tracking everything.

As for yogurt, I find the Yoplait to be a real waste of calories, it has far less protein than Fage, Chobani, Trader joes etc... It's also far more processed and has more "junk" in it. I would rather get 14g of protein vs the 7 or 9 the Yoplait has and feel full longer.

I dropped 30 pounds my first month, BUT I also didn't lose for a week straight when I moved to pureed. Your body is healing, don't rush it follow your Dr.s guidelines and give it some time.

Like others have said, this stage is for healing. Try to focus on getting in all your Water and Protein, and then just be patient and let your body adjust. The goal is to get healthy - and that doesn't always mean losing weight :)

I lost like 11 pounds the week after surgery because I had zero interest in food. Then, when on mushies, I gained most of it back. (No doubt, most of what I had lost was Water weight.). I continued to gain for the first 4 weeks after surgery (back to nearly my surgery weight). I didn't worry about it because I realized my insides were swollen and my eating was weird. Ok i take that back i was PISSED! Very fruatrated and had that "why did i spend $12,500" feeling. But then, that 5th week after surgery, I started losing. I'm now about 10 weeks post surgery and the scale is moving. Ive had two fills. It's slow right now -- about 1/2 to 1 pound a week -- but it's moving. I'm also losing inches, learning a lot, improving my habits, and have dropped from a 24 to a 20 that I can take off without unbuttoning! This isn't like bypass surgery where we are going to see huge losses at the beginning. Just be patient and Celebrate each victory, however small.

Wendy's chili is a great mushy. Tasty, easy, high in Protein and not loaded with fat. Or make your own. Also, yummy Soups. I got some chicken enchilada Soup from Whole Foods that was delish. Also, Chili's had an amazing chicken enchilada soup.

I am in the Mushies stage as well and am finding it a challenge. After nearly a month of Protein shakes I am SO done with them and have to force myself to drink 1 a day. I do generally just mash up what the family is eating in the food processor (last night was taco seasoned chicken breast, guacomole, salsa and cheese) and eat that. I had been between 60-70g of Protein but find my calories are creeping up, I was at 1100 yesterday which is more than I want so I need to cut out things like the cheese. I find myFitness pal a great resource for tracking everything.

As for yogurt, I find the Yoplait to be a real waste of calories, it has far less protein than Fage, Chobani, Trader joes etc... It's also far more processed and has more "junk" in it. I would rather get 14g of protein vs the 7 or 9 the Yoplait has and feel full longer.

Yoplait has a greek yogurt that is 100 calories and has 13 grams of protein. That is the yoplait yogurt I was referring to in my earlier post. It is an excellent source of protein and less calories than chobani and oikos and i like the taste of it.

Thankyou all! For the past three days I have found myself in this weird emontial stage that either thing piss me off or make me cry! I found out that I was addited to food!

Don't beat yourself up. I keep hearing about the unjury unflavored Protein. You might try mixing them with fruit juice or Soup. We are healing inside so it will take more time for your body to adjust. We are all addicted to food at all levels, that is how we got where we are. Stay positive, throw out the negative and give yourself a pat on the back for listening to your body, not just your mind.

Thankyou all! For the past three days I have found myself in this weird emontial stage that either thing piss me off or make me cry! I found out that I was addited to food!

You & me both! Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks post op and I have been sooo emotional these past couple days. My problem is not so much my addiction to food as it is my lack of liking most foods. There are just not a lot off foods I like and am a very plain eater. People say, "oh, I am too"...and then we compare notes and they are like, "wow! You are picky" I just can't help it. I have a very plane/bland pallet. Makes life style changes very difficult. The stuff most people eat like: yogurt, oatmeal, etc. I just can't stand :-(

Welcome to "Bandster Hell"

You just had surgery....what do you expect to happen??? Lap band surgery means the band is meant to be adjusted to get it to where it functions properly...not many people hitthe ground running....it took me 4-5 months, then another 1-2 to figure out what was going on with all tat restriction, food deprivation, etc......

It does take time, time for US to adjust as the band is adjusted....imagine if everyone had this surgery with 7cc before we woke up? what a disaster that would be.....

yet, I am now at 7cc, HAVE to eat a certain way, HAVE to eat certain foods, and cannot possibly overeat no matter what.....not to mention no more hunger!!

that is low if u dont get ur protien vitiams all of that good stuff u will start to develope health issues and thats not good i went through that stage i call it cold turkey stage because even though i was eating l felt hungry i later found out it was bc i wasnt eating the foods i loved so my brain wasnt fully understanding the change it does get better and eating habbits will change best of luck :)