Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

doctor wouldn't fill my band!

I'm at 168 and found a good plastic surgeon that's going to do a full Tummy Tuck and breast and he thinks after that i'll be at both of our goal!

Btw everyone thanks for your input

Does any insurance company out there pay for plastics?

Only the bottom of your pooch

Hi I am new ,i am all most a year out I had my band done April 2,12 I am 5'8 have not lost that much 35 to 40 pounds,

Maybe your doctor is thinking like I have been taught and from personal experience...fills aren't the end all to everything meaning after you have been banded for a couple of years. I know I could lose more weight should I choose to by cutting back on the calories and exercising more. I am at maintenance but in all honesty I could lose another 10 to 20 pounds. Maybe you should point blank ask him why he doesn't want to give you a fill aside from the fact he thinks your weight is fine. You might find a surprising answer coming from him with all his experience with lapband patients. And if his answer isn't good enough then press him for a tiny fill.

Hi I am new ,i am all most a year out I had my band done April 2,12 I am 5'8 have not lost that much 35 to 40 pounds,

In the future you should post a comment like this as a New Topic otherwise very few people will see it.

But welcome and if you go to the forum tab at the top left and click on the first tab "Tell your story" many more people will see it and wish you welcome.

And 35-40 is still more than you would have lost without the band. One more thing? Fill in your profile so we know you and can advise you better? Click on your name at the top right and in the drop down menu click on "My Profile" then click on "Edit my Profile on the right side of the next page. Good luck and welcome again.

tmf

Maybe your doctor is thinking like I have been taught and from personal experience...fills aren't the end all to everything meaning after you have been banded for a couple of years. I know I could lose more weight should I choose to by cutting back on the calories and exercising more. I am at maintenance but in all honesty I could lose another 10 to 20 pounds. Maybe you should point blank ask him why he doesn't want to give you a fill aside from the fact he thinks your weight is fine. You might find a surprising answer coming from him with all his experience with lapband patients. And if his answer isn't good enough then press him for a tiny fill.

They are to the point of thinking I'm at the beginning stages of anorexia

first my banster buddie may i ask a couple of questions before i give u some advise when was ur surgery and how much have u lost on averge how much do u loose a mth and how many fills have u had ? so i more or less know why this doc wont give u any more fills bc my doc great doc i lost 19 pounds one mth and still gave me a fill on my 8th fill but he gave me very lil that time just enough and i asked when do i have to stop coming he said when ever ur in the green zone past 10 cc if u still feel comfortable but i was still eating so i was still going till i had allergys mess with me then has some taken out so it also very much so depends on the doctor too but ive lost 85 pounds but i dont why he would say you needed to stop loosing weight unless u already met ur goal so just update us so we can help :) best of luck

first my banster buddie may i ask a couple of questions before i give u some advise when was ur surgery and how much have u lost on averge how much do u loose a mth and how many fills have u had ? so i more or less know why this doc wont give u any more fills bc my doc great doc i lost 19 pounds one mth and still gave me a fill on my 8th fill but he gave me very lil that time just enough and i asked when do i have to stop coming he said when ever ur in the green zone past 10 cc if u still feel comfortable but i was still eating so i was still going till i had allergys mess with me then has some taken out so it also very much so depends on the doctor too but ive lost 85 pounds but i dont why he would say you needed to stop loosing weight unless u already met ur goal so just update us so we can help :) best of luck

I was 387 my surgery was 12/6/11 I now weigh 168 actively seeking Tummy Tuck his goal weight for me is 160 and once I have the tummy tuck I will be at his goal weight! Myself I want to be 150 and I'm at 5'8

Only had two fills but immediately taking out because I was having eating issues so I'm only at 4ccs

congrats!!! that is accomplishment :) it still doesnt make since of why he would tell you to stop loosing weight how do u feel with ur band right now you dont feel to tight or anything like that ? bc if u had ur max on fills he wont fill u unless like 6 mths later u came back and asked to get filled cause u felt like u were to loose around ur band and if 4 cc is all u can fit any more would cause an eating issuse he might not want to fill u just for that reason

Only the bottom of your pooch

What's that?

My doctors are wonderful would highly recommend them to anyone! My bmi is now 25.6 and once I get my plastics done I would be at my ideal weight for them I started out 387 lbs am now 168 at 5'8 surgery was 12/6/2011

You sound like you are looking fantastic. I wouldn't worry too much about the extra weight. Just because it falls into the "healthy" weight range on the chart doesn't mean it looks good on you, kwim? I think the number one goal should always be your health. Perhaps talk to your primary dr about what they think about your current weight and ultimate goals?

The same EXACT thing happened to me 2 weeks ago !