Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this how the band feels?

Keep chewing and limit intake to approximately 1 cup. Yes, I believe it is a bit of bandster hell. Make sure you eat enough Protein, that helps you feel full longer. Hang in there, you sound normal to me.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thanks guys. This is so helpful to talk to you all.

On the brighter side: bandster hell is still better than the "obese hell" I've been in for years.

May I quote you in the future? That was a good one.

tmf

I'm going through the same thing too. I'm about 3 weeks out. I am hungry all the time and I am eating more then a cup of food and I feel like I can eat more but stop myself. I had a gill Monday. I felt a difference the first day but now I'm hungry again. When I went in for my fill they told me I probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference until I've had 4 fills. I have had done stuck episodes but that's due to big bites and not chewing good enough.

I had my surgery on Jan 22 and had lost 15 pounds in 17 days. Now my appetite is back and I wanna eat all the time. So far I have chosen to eat very low cal foods between meals but also eating more in each meal. I know if I am not careful I am gonna end up undoing every thing I have done. That would suck. So starting tomorrow 1/2 cup meals and done. I have kept my calories under 1200 all but 2 days in the two weeks I have been tracking them. Can't wait to get first fill. I get full fast no but am hungry 1-2 hours later. Also deciding what is real and what is head hunger is a challenge.

Cuban chick that is EXACTLY whats going on!!!! U explained it word for word. I have gained 3 lbs but haven't posted it on here bc im so embarrassed. I can basically eat anything right now. And you called it bc for a few days right after surgery i was never ever hungry. Now im hungry all the time. I know i should be chewing my food more but i forget some bites and it still seems to go down fine.

Thank you so much for posting that! U literally described what im going thru exactly thank u!!

Hey Blondie,

I am about 4.5 weeks post and am experiencing the same thing u lost 18kg (12 pre surgery and 6 post) then all of a sudden I got hungry I have mainly stuck to the 1 cup but sometimes I even forget about the bands and eat things and then I think crap should I have eaten solid food like that!

I also have put on 3kgs and I have even uped my exersize I constantly worry after I eat that I have stretched the band or busted something, because I went from feeling repulsed by the site of food after my surgery to struggling to stay away from it again :( still got 2 weeks left until my first fill

It took me several fills before I really felt any restriction. A fill would make me feel 'tight' for a day or two and then it would disappear. Wasn't til I had about 6cc before I got my first stuck episode. I still could eat a fair amount between fills. I finally got to the green zone at 8.5cc in a 10cc band.

I ate according the the band rules mostly in that I ate slowly, ate only a small serving and stopped after I finished my serving. I used to take out a small serving and then halve it and put one half in the fridge. I told myself if I was still really hungry after 30 mins I could go back for more. I only went back once in all the time I did that (coz it takes about 10 mins normally to stop feeling hungry, and longer if you have a band). That was a great tip that was told to me that worked for me, so consider this me passing it on. It has worked well for friends who aren't banded either.

The good news is that for the majority of banders, the time WILL come where you get enough restriction in your band to only be able to eat a small amount and be satisfied for hours. If it works like it should, it should also stop you feeling hungry most of the time. When that will happen is different for every bander, though.

Also I remember when I first got banded, my tummy made these AWFUL rumbling sounds all day. I figure it was because for 20 years it was used to being filled to the brim and it was grumbling at the huge reduction in food. But after 6 months or so, it settled and it nearly never growled. It got used to be being 'drip fed' food from the above all day, I guess!