Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 days postop and I've noticed that I can almost possibly feel my band in the morning. I mean, I will wake up, and not be hungry but I almost feel like something is in my upper stomach right beneath my chest (where the band is). When I sit down, i can feel my heartbeat in my chest/stomach. Is this normal?

I am 4 days postop and I've noticed that I can almost possibly feel my band in the morning. I mean' date=' I will wake up, and not be hungry but I almost feel like something is in my upper stomach right beneath my chest (where the band is). When I sit down, i can feel my heartbeat in my chest/stomach. Is this normal?[/quote']

Yes very normal. You're still very swollen and it will feel like that for a while. I still wake up some mornings with tightness. It just depends on the person. If u drink something warm it does tend to relax it. Well for me at least.

Thank You! I'm happy this is normal... I'm getting so paranoid with every feeling I have! lol I guess it's because I don't know what to expect :)

Thanks again!

I'm almost 3 years banded and I'm still tight in the am. It's very normal, don't worry :)

Thank You! I'm happy this is normal... I'm getting so paranoid with every feeling I have! lol I guess it's because I don't know what to expect :)

Thanks again!

You're welcome and that's normal too. I asked the same questions every time something new happens! It def nice to have this forum!!!

I can feel my band in the morning....as a matter of fact I can feel my band 24hrs a day, every time I swallow....

Back to your comment....I am tight every morning....I CANNOT eat solid foods..have not had a solid Breakfast in 20 months....have a high Protein smoothie....and sometimes that is difficult...

When I drink my morning coffee I can hear/feel that classic "Gurgling" as the liquid circles the drain and passes through....

AS the day goes on, it does get easier....

It's not the band that actually gets tighter...that is a constant...it's a combination of things, one of them is the normal stretching and contracting of the pouch it self....the more we use it, the more it stretches, just as the normal stomach does....

It's the smaller in the morning because I have not eaten anything in over 12 hours, and had 6-8 hours of sleep on top of it....as the day goes on and I swallow more and more, it stretches and gets easier....

I prefer it this way....I am able to monitor my band's heath almost hour by hour, and predict...I can easily tell when food is still present in my pouch, and has not yet passed....

It is because of this my Dr. let's me drink beer...because I can tell/feel each swallow and determine swallow sizes and intervals with no consequences....

To me, the secret of this WLS is knowing how to "Listen to your Band"

Thank you B-52! Very insightful! I admire how knowledgeable you are about you band! I am aiming for that! :)

I'm almost 3 years banded and I'm still tight in the am. It's very normal, don't worry :)

Ditto... In fact I cannot eat comfortable until I have been up several hours.

Ooo I do too 8 months out so I drink coffee and wait 10 min and is usually good by then!

Welcome to the other side Ireallywannabethin! I am a newbie also and was banded about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. My doctors office tells all of their patients from here on out that we should start every day with something warm to drink, whether it be coffee, tea, warm Water, whatever, but we should do this every day. I do feel tight in the morning but this helps tremendously. I am up usually at 5:30 and have my tea and don't have a Protein Shake until about 9am. Works for me. Try it and maybe it will help you also. Good Luck!

I was just told this am by a coworker who had it about drinking something warm. Truthfully, I thought i was imagining this feeling.... I was wearing a pair of yoga pants one day and I was fine and comfortable ( they r super high rise and I was banded the 28th of January). The next day I put on another pair same style and it was like to much pressure on the band area (or where I imagine it is) one of my wired bras had to be take. Off. Cuz I felt the pressure again... Is this in anyway the morning tightness .. Cuz the first time the pants were put on in the afternoon second like 645 am for work

Yes it could be that or it could be gas pain or it could be swelling all which is normal.

Thank you everyone for all of your tips! I tried the warm Water thing yesterday morning and I do believe it helped! it actually felt quite nice feeling the warmth go down!

I'm only 6 days post-op so I'm assuming I still have some swelling also? I don't know.. I am a little sore or sensitive above my port area underneath my left breast. Maybe I'm paranoid but I'm nervous

Don't be nervous! What u r feeling is NORMAL!! It took me a month to feel good. Everyone is different. Take time to heal, follow your dr.'s orders, and u will b fine. Congrats on the first steps in your new and healthy life! :)