Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help.

I have had the lap band since 2010, I lost almost 70lbs in 2 yrs. I weigh more now than when started after complications with the band and I guess my crappy choices. I have just recently gotten my band refilled due to it being empty for so long. I work out 5 days a week. Treadmill and light weight lifting and I'm not losing, I really need help on best foods to eat and how much. I try to eat small amounts and good things I love fruit, I eat it a lot especially at work. But I stay starving ! I need to get filled some more as to I have no restriction at 5cc. Please help.

I love it but I ate very little fruit...it's very high in suger. My dr suggested the following portions for me at every meal...3 times a day. Maybe that would work for you.

1000 calories daily.... Tracked in my phone application.

Portion size as follows... 3 oz protien in the form of meat, fish, Beans etc... 1/2 c salad or veggies and 1/4 c starch.

I also was allowed 2 Snacks a day...one fruit no more than 100 calories and 2nd snack of 100 calories of whatever you want. I had something. Sweet like sugar free pudding or skinny cow ice cream bar.

No drinking calories and at least 64 oz of Water daily.

I stuck to this menu like glue and lost 221 lbs in 23 months.

Best of luck to you

Some fruit is fine, but you need to be weighing and measuring all of your food. If it has been a while since you were one with the band, you be surprised that your judgements of small portions has crept up a bit during the past few months. Go back to basics and try to substitute in some veggies for some of the fruit. You did it before, do what worked for you then.

I agree with Chez. I did same thing . Banded 4 years ago and for the most part did not follow the rules. Ingot back on track of October and I follow my drs rules. I measure and track and drink tons of Water. I also do not eat fruit much. I eat 3 half cup meals. 3/4 Protein so I have to make very wise choices. Occasionally I will have little fruit for a snack. I still have all the packaged fruit because when I do eat some it is usually fresh. I am proof you can get back on track. I have lost 41 since end of October and 89 since surgery. Best of luck to you. Stay strong!

Right now I can eat a whole meal and literally be starving, you saying your whole meal is the size of 1/2 cup. I wish that woul satisfy me. Hopefully when I get my band filled and have restriction it will. I'm at 5cc and no restriction at all.

I agree with all the above posts. My meals prob average about 1 cup or 1.5 cups in size. I don't measure my whole meal. But I do measure and weigh everything to make sure I don't go over my allotted calories and correct portion sizes. As far as the fruit, that can really add up in calories throughout the day. For the first year I ate very little fruit, and believe me that was hard because I ate a ton of it before surgery. Maybe try having more Protein at your meals and also have protein for Snacks. Protein is what will keep you full longer.

Yes for the most part I eat half cup meals. If I feel really hungry I drink a lot of Water and if I am still hungry I eat a smart usually high Protein sack. I also eat most of my meals solids because they keep me satisfied longer. Most people seem to eat more like a cup. Every doctor is different. Sometimes I do get hungry and I don't believe in depriving myself so I will eat. You may be fighting head hunger too and that is always a challenge for everyone. You can do it!

hely, do you know how many calories you average a day with 1/2 cup meals?

I used to track calories but per doctor I do not anymore. I can range between 600 and 900. I also only measure by volume and to be honest sometimes I dont even measure anymore I Just know when to stop. When I cook I measure out portions and usually add one oz of quinoa but I rarely finish it all.

I eat fruit at least two times a day. Apples,pineapple,strawberries and banannas. All fresh fruit. My nut states the sugar is all natural and ok to have. Apples are only 80 calories and strawberries and pineapple around 40 for half cup. I often put sugar free or ff coolwhip on them for a snack! I lost over 100 pounds in 8 months. It's a balance of different food groups.

For me what helps is eating Protein at all meals which is suggested by I believe all doctors. Usually about 20-30 grams of protein per meal. My doc suggest I eat at least 1200 calories per meal but I've noticed a lot of bandsters eat 800-1000. My nutritionist said not to go under 1000 per meal. I've been tracking on my fitness pal.

Just goes to show that we are all different and there is not just 1 way to embrace your band.