Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we get a unlike button?

Hmmm...I want a "thumbs down" for this idea (sorry, Alex). First of all, it's way too easy to push a button for good/bad--very little thinking is required. At least when someone posts a response (negative or positive) to another person's post, the responder has to think about what point(s) he/she agrees with/disagrees with before composing them into a response. Others are free to read and evaluate the posts on their own. If someone's response is way off base, others usually point it out and corrections are made by the group. "Most votes" doesn't mean "best". Popular opinion has lead to many horrible ideas throughout history. Next, there's the whole impact of getting a "thumbs down" on your post/response to a question. That sort of thing does not encourage collaboration or an atmosphere of mutual support (the reason I have found this site to be so helpful every step of the way). Sorry, but while on the surface it sounds like a good idea (the good float to the top and the bad sink to the bottom), I think it's potential outcome will weaken rather than spport the true strength of this site. Please reconsider.

Only the topic starter will be allowed to mark a post as the best answer. That response will be highlighted and marked as best answer and a little preview of the answer will show up at the top of the post with a button to jump to that response. The order of the responses will not change based on this. I was mistaken when I stated the best answer would appear before the other responses. We're not sure if we're going to enable this in all forums or only specific ones. We can give it a shot and see if it works out for us or not.

Personally I look at the profiles and what the person has accomplished with the band as well as how long they have been posting to assist me in determining how I much I value their opinion. I'm not in favor of thumbs down or dislike button - stay positive and let the cream rise.

Lee

Oh great, Sherrif's Joe's posse for the lapband forum. Just what this place needs. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I have been on sites with "deputized" users and have been unimpressed with the results.

Yep...can't wait to leave this forum again....but then there are those that would like to see me, and others go....

Somehow I think that there is something wrong about being judged "thumbs up or thumbs down," "Like or Hate" "acceptable and Non acceptable" based purely on someones desire to express themselves.....

I would suppose knowing that the "police" will be watching, a lot less people will be willing to speak up....unless of course they have favor with the prison guards....

But then again...just like people become leaders based upon the "Likes" they receive, maybe we can start another tally and post the leaders of the "Hates" received....and post it for all to see just as the "Likes" are.....

There are all kinds of Orwell things we can do with this.....

I think I will need to put a Blue dot over my face......less someone recognizes me....

I'm gonna change my profile and become a "troll"

(I'm sorry, but I'm a product of the 60's and I can get....well never mind, no one here would understand )

Don't leave b-52. I love your posts and learned so much.

Great suggestion! We're already working on something close to this idea. I'll update you guys and gals as soon as it's closer to being launched.

I agree with Terry and B-52 ...lets continue to reward those who post the most.

Now you want to give them even more to boost their egos? Wow, an official LBT title. Wonder where that gets you in the real world?

As much as I need a good support forum, maybe it's time to leave for good.

I'm sure I won't get many "likes" for this post, but I don't really care anymore.

Yep...can't wait to leave this forum again....but then there are those that would like to see me' date=' and others go....

Somehow I think that there is something wrong about being judged "thumbs up or thumbs down," "Like or Hate" "acceptable and Non acceptable" based purely on someones desire to express themselves.....

I would suppose knowing that the "police" will be watching, a lot less people will be willing to speak up....unless of course they have favor with the prison guards....

But then again...just like people become leaders based upon the "Likes" they receive, maybe we can start another tally and post the leaders of the "Hates" received....and post it for all to see just as the "Likes" are.....

There are all kinds of Orwell things we can do with this.....

I think I will need to put a Blue dot over my face......less someone recognizes me....

I'm gonna change my profile and become a "troll"

(I'm sorry, but I'm a product of the 60's and I can get....well never mind, no one here would understand )[/quote']

The Facebook generation shares their whole life out loud ... The bleeding edge of technology is changing the culture :)

It's none of my business what the Admins want to do with this site......

Bottom line...I do not want to judge or be judged......

I come here simply to share my story with others who have had the same experience and have their stories to share.....

I do not want to tell people what they should or should not do....no do I want people telling me what I should or should not do....

If I'm going to be judged for that......for sharing something that is truthful and sometimes personal....well then.....have fun!

I'll sit back to wait and see.......

Great suggestion! We're already working on something close to this idea. I'll update you guys and gals as soon as it's closer to being launched.

i think no matter what you do or dont do....add or dont add or take away or change, there is always gonna be someone not happy about it...if someone likes a post, like it...

and alex, you know i like alot of posts as you had to unblock my liking powers more than once

Isn't Jack a moderator for LBT?

Aren't we already watched that we don't write words like b***h?

I don't understand what the big deal is?

FB has "like" & "share" and I don't see any problems there.

And I really didn't see anywhere Alex said there was going to be a "Dislike" button.

Shaking my head b/c I just don't get it..... :blink:

i think no matter what you do or dont do....add or dont add or take away or change, there is always gonna be someone not happy about it...if someone likes a post, like it...

and alex, you know i like alot of posts as you had to unblock my liking powers more than once

You "like" every single post you read.lol

You are so true on this statement.

Like I said before, I am very pleased with LBT and any changes I'm sure are well thought out.

Now everyone stop liking CG's post so I can take over her reputation points, ROFLMAO, "like" I really care.

Don't hate me b/c I'm "liked". I really crack myself up sometimes.

Oh great, Sherrif's Joe's posse for the lapband forum. Just what this place needs. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I have been on sites with "deputized" users and have been unimpressed with the results.

I'd be interested to hear from you what went wrong on those sites. I've seen lack of organized leadership turn an otherwise healthy board into an "us vs them" war. Veterans vs newbies was the most common fight ;) It was like high school where the seniors only wanted to hang out with other seniors. Or torture the freshmen.

Having a welcoming committee (or patient and interested people) pointing newbies to information, or answering the same question a million times took the pressure off veterans who wanted to kick back and relax, and cherry pick the conversations they got into. Just my experience!

I'd be interested to hear from you what went wrong on those sites. I've seen lack of organized leadership turn an otherwise healthy board into an "us vs them" war. Veterans vs newbies was the most common fight ;) It was like high school where the seniors only wanted to hang out with other seniors. Or torture the freshmen.

Having a welcoming committee (or patient and interested people) pointing newbies to information, or answering the same question a million times took the pressure off veterans who wanted to kick back and relax, and cherry pick the conversations they got into. Just my experience!

I really try hard to welcome all the newbies here, only b/c when I was a newbie the veterans were all so kind to me and taught me everything I needed to know and forgot to ask.

I get off on trying to help others, makes me feel good. I want everyone to succeed and have the life we were meant to live.

I'd be interested to hear from you what went wrong on those sites.

It became a police state as some of the posse took it upon themselves police any post that was not expressed in a way that they approved of.

For instance, on this site you have a group of people who believe that being direct and honest is the best way to deal with people. And you have others that go out of their way to be empathetic and do their best to avoid hurting anyone's feelings. There is a constant state of tension between the two camps. Who is right? Neither, both. But as the posse is built they will try to enforce their views on the opposing camp.

But such is life.

You "like" every single post you read.lol

You are so true on this statement.

Alex, I need to be be able to Like when someone Likes a post, lol.

Like I said before, I am very pleased with LBT and any changes I'm sure are well thought out.

It takes talent to see opportunity in change!