Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we get a unlike button?

I belong to this other site...having to do with travel actually, and it was suggested that everyone's points and status levels be removed....no one objected, untill

it was done...then there was a mutiny.....everyone being equal....

I was wondering what people's reactions here would be....so far no one seems to care about their points....

Oops sorry hit send to early

I can see the potential for ones to Hash it out. as it were because of a dislike.

Which happens already.

IMHO

Oh an I Never knew there was a pts thing. Maybe because i use LBT from my phone only?

I don't think a "dislike" button or the Points this is the way to go... If you have a view on a topic, say what you feel. I'm a firm believer in speaking your mind.. that's why you have one....

If you don't have the "nads" too, then move on and comment on the ones you agree with.

I "like" liking and I really pay no attention to points, so no competition here. Didn't even know how it worked until CG told me.

What I'd like to know is what do the stars represent in our profile right under our names?

I've truly enjoyed LBT.com just the way its setup and I know anything that they add has been done with great thought.

Great Forum!

Okay, what are these points everyone is talking about? Do you mean the post count?

The one good thing about points is when I was a newbie and I asked a question, I went by the persons points on whether they knew what they were talking about. If a lot of ppl liked their response, I figured it was good advice.

We had a few ppl on here a couple months ago, that appeared out of no where and didn't have a LB or been to a seminar or read any books and was giving advice, having their points help determine their credibility.

So they do offer some help to someone new.

Okay, what are these points everyone is talking about? Do you mean the post count?

Every time we "like" something, the person you liked gets a reputation point. And I must say, you have given me quite a few and I, you.lol

Every time we "like" something, the person you liked gets a reputation point. And I must say, you have given me quite a few and I, you.lol

Oh okay thanks for explaining that. It is not something I have kept up with so far. And yes I have liked many of your posts. You are one of several women on here who I always seem to agree with and ya'll offer good tips.

For a different point of view, in larger forums like this having a karma type system was helpful to differentiate the trolls from the leaders. Karma is another term for having both a like and dislike button. It works by showing an average reaction to some posts people type. As a previous poster mentioned, having a user based rating system helped identify trustworthy sources.

In any system, it's possible to abuse the system. Having points is just as risky as not having a points system if the goal is to let knowledgable and reliable people be recognized.

My suggestion would be to keep the like button but add a group of special users that Alex "promotes" to be official LBT moderators, or ambassadors maybe. They could have a special title or badge that denotes them as such.

For a different point of view, in larger forums like this having a karma type system was helpful to differentiate the trolls from the leaders.

I don't believe anyone deserves to be called a troll no matter what the circumstances. Just my opinion.

Troll is slang for someone who goes on to message boards and deliberately causes arguments - it's not a reference to their looks in any way but rather their behavior :) not meant as an insult.

My husband totally disagreed with me--he said that on a site where advice is given, that it's good to know what is good advice and what isn't. The travel advice/reviews site, Tripadvisor, asks, "Was this post helpful (unhelpful is not an option)?" You can see then how many people found that particular post helpful. I think the "thumbs down" part of Alex's news was what was most disdainful to me. And a "Dislike" button is just icky (sorry m1aman)..

My suggestion would be to keep the like button but add a group of special users that Alex "promotes" to be official LBT moderators, or ambassadors maybe. They could have a special title or badge that denotes them as such.

Great suggestion! We're already working on something close to this idea. I'll update you guys and gals as soon as it's closer to being launched.

Great suggestion! We're already working on something close to this idea. I'll update you guys and gals as soon as it's closer to being launched.

Oh great, Sherrif's Joe's posse for the lapband forum. Just what this place needs. Sorry for the sarcasm, but I have been on sites with "deputized" users and have been unimpressed with the results.