Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the group!

I will call them at first thing in the morning!

I'm not sure if it really is going to cover the surgery as my health insurance now is towards masshealth (i just canceled my private insurance that i was using for the infertility treatments, ughh - i thought it was just waste of money paying $500 a month if i was approved for mass health. The only thing mass health woulndt cover was infertility, now im sooo mad, why did i have to rush and cancel?!😭)..

Anyways, if my plan wouldn't cover, i will try to buy a new private policy again, if the dr guarantees me that the process could go faster here in US!

I will message u as soon as i have an answer lol

i just found this link for you. It talks about the requirements for MassHealth and Bariatric Surgery. If you meet the requirements, they should cover it. Take a look. That way you will know going in if its doable or not. I hope it is!

www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/masshealth/guidelines/mg-bariatricsurgery.rtf ·

Finally, some sistas from Massachusetts!!!!!!!!

Hi braziliangirl! Hi shanna!

I was banded 12/17 @ Brockton Hospital by doctors thst satellite from Tufts in Boston. Best thing I ever did. I'm from Easton. My son's best friend lives in Franklin!Easton is southeast of Framingham.

I wish you both a wonderful journey. If I can ever help or answer questions just look me up. Welcome!!!!!!

Banjo257

I love your Screen Name, MassPrincess! So nice to meet you! I am so happy to find so many people on here that are so close by. Thank you for the advice and the offer to answer questions. If i come up with any i will be sure to let you know!

Finally, some sistas from Massachusetts!!!!!!!!

Hi braziliangirl! Hi shanna!

I was banded 12/17 @ Brockton Hospital by doctors thst satellite from Tufts in Boston. Best thing I ever did. I'm from Easton. My son's best friend lives in Franklin!Easton is southeast of Framingham.

I wish you both a wonderful journey. If I can ever help or answer questions just look me up. Welcome!!!!!!

Banjo257

Ohh yay! One more here ;)

@Banjo how long took all ur process? Idk if you read all my posts lol but im about to change my mind and instead of going to Italy and do the surgery there, im thinking of trying here!!! Just dont want to waste more time!

i just found this link for you. It talks about the requirements for MassHealth and Bariatric Surgery. If you meet the requirements, they should cover it. Take a look. That way you will know going in if its doable or not. I hope it is!

www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/masshealth/guidelines/mg-bariatricsurgery.rtf ·

Im gonna check it out later on my computer, here in the app it doesnt give the link to click!!

Hello, I have been a way for a while, got discouraged with the insurance fight. Now I am back, I am going to Galesburg,IL, My first seminar is 2-28-2013, really looking forward to it, my insurance requires 6month Dr. supervised weight loss so after the seminar then I will learn my next step... I have been researching the lapband for a few years and my sister-in-law has been banded 5years and she is doing good she had share the good and the cautions. So I will read everyone that post and I will share my journey as well, I am married to a wonderful man of almost 40years we have 4 children, two dogs and a puppy (turd) we have 12 grands and 3 great grands. So I hope this will help to get to know us better.

I understand the insurance frustration.

The only suggestion I have is, before you travel to have the band done, be sure to have a local doctor that can take care of your after care(like fills).

I have bcbs, I was scheduled for surgery 10/30 and insurance wanted more info at the last minute, so I was postponed to

12/17.

But that gave me time to drop some pounds pre surgery.

I had my first consult in July. Had to attend some classes, four I think.

Mine is coming off slow and steady. I am half way to my first goal. When I reach tbat, I will come up with a new goal.

My Dr. is amazing(you can find her info on my profile). I highly recommend her.i know framingham is a hike to brockton, but, you don't have appointments that often.

Again, welcome to the party mass ladies!!

Go Celtics!!!!!

I understand the insurance frustration.

The only suggestion I have is, before you travel to have the band done, be sure to have a local doctor that can take care of your after care(like fills).

I have bcbs, I was scheduled for surgery 10/30 and insurance wanted more info at the last minute, so I was postponed to

12/17.

But that gave me time to drop some pounds pre surgery.

I had my first consult in July. Had to attend some classes, four I think.

Mine is coming off slow and steady. I am half way to my first goal. When I reach tbat, I will come up with a new goal.

My Dr. is amazing(you can find her info on my profile). I highly recommend her.i know framingham is a hike to brockton, but, you don't have appointments that often.

Again, welcome to the party mass ladies!!

Go Celtics!!!!!

We like the same Basketball team

Me Too! Always root for the Celtics, Red Sox and the Patriots! Love them!

i just found this link for you. It talks about the requirements for MassHealth and Bariatric Surgery. If you meet the requirements' date=' they should cover it. Take a look. That way you will know going in if its doable or not. I hope it is!

www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/masshealth/guidelines/mg-bariatricsurgery.rtf ·[/quote']

I had mass health and had to change to network health. I had the band at bi Boston. Good luck