Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant get excited for 180 ..... Boo-hoo right?

Ok I think I have identified my problem. I was of course so very excited to get into the one hundreds that now every morning it says 190 something I'm like "great! No worries!" I just am not as motivated to get into the 18o's. consequently I have been at the same weight for about a month now. I am short, my goal weight is 140. 197 does not look good on me and I have much much cuter clothes waiting for me at around 160, but that seems so far away. I am down two sizes right now and Am really loving fitting into clothes that have been in my drawer for a couple years now. I think the next number I am excited about is 175, but that seems far away too! I can't think of anything super exciting that happens In the 180's. Help!

hm, sorry i dont have anything to say except i wish i weighed now what you do..so dont knock it too much...what is exciting is your health, your smaller clothes..that alone should encourage you to keep on trucking.

Sorry to interrupt, but what happened to your ticker CG?

Weight falls off easily the first month. Much of it is just Water. I read some of your other posts and it sounds like you still don't have restriction?

Losing weight is simply a matter of burning more calories than you consume. You should track your calories if you're not already doing so. You should look at some of the calorie calculators available to know how many calories you need to maintain or lose weight.

I plateaued from week 2 post op till week 18. It took me 3 fills and a visit to my nutritionist to finally get the scale to go down. A nutritionist can tell you where you're going wrong. Good luck.

tmf

No I totally don't have restriction yet. I often doubt whether there is a band in there at all. My third fill is this week, my nutritionist says the third one is often the one that proves it. I hope so.

I think I need to come up with some sort of reward for myself at 189. Once I get there the lure of 175 will start pulling me in. I am not coming up with anything though.

I'm afraid I too was not prepared for the period between healed from surgery and proper restriction. I get frustrated that I spent so much money on this band have often feel like it was a waste. I am afraid this whole thing will end up with me waiting my life away; I had to wait to get the band, now I am waiting for restriction, what's next?

I need to just get on it and loose this stupid weight, but maybe I should have done that before throwing thousands of dollars at the problem.

Jeepers that turned into a negative vent. I will go dust myself off. Sorry.

It's ok to vent and feel frustrated. I am down to 231 and can't wait to be under 200. I'm also realistic. Even with the proper fills, isn't the average weight loss about 2 lbs a week. Please be patient with the band and Celebrate every pound lost! That's a pound of weight that you never, ever, ever have to see again :) That has to feel awesome. You did an incredible thing by starting this journey and it sounds like you're committed. The weight is going to come off! You know that. Just keep following the plan, keeping your calories under 1000 and log absolutely everything you eat. Do you use myfitnesspal? If not, you totally should. It keeps me on track and I'm learning that I can stay satisfied on healthy food, too! Not just junk.

Vent anytime you need to. That's what this forum is for :)

My situation is so similar! I started at 276 and am now down to 188 after about 15 months. I plateaued at about 190-193 for 3 months and wasn't completely upset about it. I was happy to be under 200 and am sure I will never be there again. I realized how close to 100lbs lost I was and got irritated with myself that I wasn't trying harder! I am now working out 5 days a week and riding my bike as well. I have been steadily losing 1-1.5lbs a week and am really happy with that. I figure I have already lost almost 90lbs, what's another 30?! Haha. My goal is 150 or so. Good luck! I hope motivation also kicks you in the butt soon and you get moving forward! =)

I know just how u feel. I recently got under 200 to 199 and was so thrilled hadn't been there in over 30 yrs. the next day and for the following wk I was 203 I was sad then I saw the "1" again yesterday only to have it gone today..Yes I know its Water but I thought I would never see the "2" again...well I know it will get there very soon I must just stay no track and change my gym choices or up my cals a bit something to get my mataboloism excited again. We have all been there or are there so go ahead and vent we all need to we are here for ya.

I can relate Audrey and Shell. I started at 244 and now am hovering in the mid 190's. I know that it is my fault the weight isn't moving down quicker, but I still haven't gotten in major geer.

I have a great week working out daily and eating right and then the next week my motivation is gone. I have got to get on track and stay on track.

I have the same issue. In some way, I think I sabotage myself when I get too close to the 190s even though I want to get down to 150. I have been overweight so long that I still have that mentality and subconsciously I am nervous about loosing. I'm working through it though.

I weighed myself yesterday and it said 189. I was banded 9/11/12 starting weight 240. I'm so excited to be back in the 180s. I have 35 ~ 40 lbs to go which I'm embracing. It takes time to lose weight and working through the emotional issues that arise. the emotional part is just as hard as the weight loss maybe harder. I've realized how big of an emotional eater I was. Now I have to deal with the feelings that come up. Its a process we are evolving physically and mentally.be patient with yourself.