Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Pre-Op Diet Today!

Ok folks! Today is the first day of my 2 week pre-op diet. I am on 5 Protein Shakes a day.

I have already done this back in September (before I found out that my insurance company would only cover half of the surgery and didn't have the money to cover the other half).

I learned alot about myself the last time I did this. First I learned...I can do it! Secondly I learned that I could survive without physical food. During the pre-op phase, my heartburn disappeared and after about 3 days...I had tons of energy!

Starting on liquids (again) today, I had no trepidation. I have done this and completed this before. I know it was hard...but the good news is that I know and I still survived. Knowledge is power! I look forward to the weight loss I can achieve even before getting the surgery!

Wish me luck!

Very encouraging!!! I started mine yesterday and mine is only a week so I need to not whine. :( I hear the first few days are the worst but I'm hungry and super tired.

I'm on day 7, it has gotten easier but boy am I sleepy right now! 7 more to go!

I started mine yesterday. So far, a little easier than expected. I just went to bed 3 hours earlier than normal so I wouldn't think about eating real food... I think the hardest part was cooking dinner for my family while having a shake. However, I promised my 9 year old girls that they wouldn't starve. haha

You can do it. It will go by faster than you think. Check out my video blog on youtube Mylapbandjourney2013 for helpful hints.

Best of luck

You have a wonderful attitude. I agree the liquid diet helped my mindset about the band. I am now 2 days post op and really have no desire to eat. I have drank 6oz of Protein Shake and about a cup of broth today along with Water and crystal light lemonade. SF popsicles have been my best friend too, though my throat feels 100% better today! Best of luck to you. I know you'll do well!

Thanks for all the links! I can't wait to dive in! I too have small children and they have to eat. This is definitley the hardest part. But once again...no matter how cranky and boo hooey I get.....I just remind myself that it's just a small part of the journey! I just keep my eye on the prize...and this is always worth it to me.

Good luck everyone.

:)

The shakes I am using are purchased from the doctors office. Optifast 800 calories a day. Lots of Protein, low in carbs, sodium, etc. 800 calories seems like "nothing" to a girl who could consume way more than I ever needed to...but one day at a time....I am certain I will get through it.

Ok folks! Today is the first day of my 2 week pre-op diet. I am on 5 Protein shakes a day.

I have already done this back in September (before I found out that my insurance company would only cover half of the surgery and didn't have the money to cover the other half).

I learned alot about myself the last time I did this. First I learned...I can do it! Secondly I learned that I could survive without physical food. During the pre-op phase, my heartburn disappeared and after about 3 days...I had tons of energy!

Starting on liquids (again) today, I had no trepidation. I have done this and completed this before. I know it was hard...but the good news is that I know and I still survived. Knowledge is power! I look forward to the weight loss I can achieve even before getting the surgery!

Wish me luck!

here is to the best year EVER for you. :)

Congratulations... You will soon be on the other side! Best wishes for your pre-op and surgery. Do come back and let us know how things are going for you.

Dwayne!! I wayched your video blogs this morning and you have certainly put my mind at ease. They were so helpful. I love, love, love the little trick about straining the Progesso Light Soup for the broth and freezing the solids for your "mushies" later. Brilliant!! Thanks for the idea. Hope you are feeling well today?