Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 20 and just got the band!

I am sorry to hear you had that issue. I am always worried something will happen with mine' date=' but so far so good.[/quote']

Best of luck

Hello!! I am waiting for a person to call back with an appointment to meet with the suregon. I, too, am 20 years old but will be 21 after I get banded! Best of luck to you. You CAN do it!!

I'm 25 years old and down 25lbs! First post on here!!! I'm 6 days post off, so been on my liquid diet for a total of 16 days! Feeling lots of ups and down, emotionally/ physically....very intimidating at times, and that's coming from me, with a hard outter shell:) Although I have planned and planned and planned, it's still a lot of unexpected and unknowns. I'm nervous about going back to work on Wednesday and it being too much. I'm a hairstylist and work 40 plus hours a week and stand on my feet for 9+ hours a day.....help!!

I think you will be okay with going back to work, but you will probably be EXTREMELY tired at the end of the day. I had surgery on a Monday and went back the following Monday. I was fine but I also have an office job. I did substitute teach in Kindergarten one day that week and was EXHAUSTED from chasing 20 five year olds around. I would just take it as easy as you possibly can and be prepared to sleep well those first few nights back!

I am 26...my surgery is scheduled for July 26th. It's nice to be able to read what others my age are going through. I'm considered a "low bandster“...so I am getting mixed feelings from my sisters about getting this done. They insist I am taking the "easy way out". Of course, I don't see it as that. Both my parents have lap band and are completely supportive. It's just nice to hear or read people my age have the success with this procedure.

Hey girl! Welcome!

I was banded at 22 (I am 23 now). Best decision I ever made. Down over 145lbs, but more importantly, learning to love myself and live a healthy balanced lifestyle. Feel free to message me any time.

Wow you look amazing , I'm 20 and getting banded on July 11th . Your success is definitely a motivation. I'm so excited and anxious about the journey ahead!

Hey guys, I'm 23 and I have been banded for 4 days now. I am also one of the smaller bandings my doctor told me he had done, but I definitely don't think it's the easy way out! It's easy to see it that way from the outside, but it's a lot of work. Even the pre-op diet was extremely difficult for me! I started at 197, lost 10 lbs with the pre-op diet, and have lost 6 more lbs since the surgery. I can already see some definite differences in the way I look and I've already almost reached my first goal (to get back down to the 170's)! Eeeek! So exciting!

I'm 27! I was banded 2.5 months ago, I'm down 50 lbs since April 1st, and so very thankful for the band!

Congratulations to you and I'm sure you will do great!

I forgot to ask- do any of you have kids? I have 4... 6 yo twin girls, and two boys, 4 & 1.

Although they don't know anything about my surgery, I told them "Mommy is gonna get skinny!" Lol! My girls weren't able to wrap their arms all the way around me when they hugged me and we've use that as our little test. Now, they can not only wrap their arms around my waist and touch finger tips but now can hold on to their other hand! :-)

I find it easier to feed the baby in between my bites. It keeps me from eating too fast.

Just thought I'd share :)

I am 26 and also considered a low bandster with a BMI of 32. I'm getting banded on July 26th. I have no kids (which is one concern my sisters have with me getting this done). But it's nice to read of others around my age getting lap band. I've heard the "easy way out" comment from a couple of people that I have talked to...but I definitely don't see it as that.

Thank you all for sharing your stories...makes it more comforting to read what others are going through.

Thank you!

I am 25, and my surgery date is the 31st and I am super excited about my new journey. My sister and mom both have lapband so I am hoping having them will help me. I am also a smaller band candidate. I am so glad that I can find people my age and situation that I can talk to. I am nervous a little bit though. I have never been under for a surgery or wisdom teeth since i was 15 months old so I am hoping my nerves won't get the best of me :)

I am 26...my surgery is scheduled for July 26th. It's nice to be able to read what others my age are going through. I'm considered a "low bandster“...so I am getting mixed feelings from my sisters about getting this done. They insist I am taking the "easy way out". Of course, I don't see it as that. Both my parents have lap band and are completely supportive. It's just nice to hear or read people my age have the success with this procedure.

That's why I never told anyone what surgery I was having. I feel that we are not taking the easy road. We still have to work hard to make sure we stick to our diets, workout schedules. The best thing to do is to tell the people who are being negative the following statement. "I feel when you say negative things about the choices I have made about my health are extremely negative and I do not wish to hear anything about the subject anymore."

If the people we love are not supportive why should we let them bring our happiness down to zero. continue to strive and make it on your journey. You have support here on this site. :)

Adrienne21- Thank you for saying that. I have only told my parents (who also have lapband and think what I am doing is for the best and I completely have their support), my sisters (who are totally against it, but say although they think it is wrong, they will support me), and one co-worker at work who I have her support. She says, you have to do what you need to, to be happy. All in all...I know the decision I am making is for my own happiness and can't wait to start my banded journey!

I am skeptical of telling anyone else...however I know once I am banded and start losing weight...people are going to ask "OMG, you look soo good, how did you lose all that weight.". I think when the time comes and I feel confident and happy that it won't matter if I tell them lapband. That is how my parents were...they kept their surgery hush hush until they dropped a good amount of weight and now it doesn't matter who knows...bc they are happy with themselves.

I love this site. I find myself just browsing forums randomly just to see what people are going through. Thank everyone on here for the support. :)

It is so refreshing to see people my own age having the lap band. I am 21 and just had my application sent in to the insurance so I am impatiently waiting! I haven't told many people about my decision just some close friends not even my mother! My question is how did you all figure out who you were gonna tell and do you have a lot of extra skin I'm considered severe morbidly obese but I'm still gorgeous! I'd love to hear from you guys cause I need all the support I can get especially from people my own age!

It just bothers me so to hear people confronted by friends and family over weight loss. I was sick of not being able to play with my little sister and my niece. Having my doctors tell me that if I don't do something about it I could have all these health risks. I also am tired of the teasing and bullying over being the size that I was. It is a very hard choice to decide to work hard to be healthier and an even harder choice to decide to be banded.

I decided not to tell anyone that I had the surgery except my parents, sisters, and my grandma just as a precaution. I told one friend and he was not really helpful. He kept telling me I was fine the way I was and that I shouldn't do it because it is dangerous. The statement that he made, "I was fine the way I was", was a horrible thing to say. I know being 379 was not fine. if you can't be honest with me or just be a friend and be supportive why are you my friend? I made the choice to not tell certain people because I did not want to put any doubts in my head.

If you don't want everyone in your business or don't feel comfortable saying you had LB, tell them you did it with a strict diet and working out five days a week. it's still the truth just not fully detailed. Also having the band doesn't mean you can not have children. they just don't recommend it in the first year.

I don't have extra skin yet because I was just banded on July 1, 2013. I've lost 50lbs pre-opt and 10lbs so far after the band. ever since I found this site I have been on here everyday.