Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need a band buddy! surgery 1/3/13

I had my surgery 1/3/13. I need some guidance and help with someone else who has had the surgery. I have been reading a lot about people failing and not losing the weight... I'm terrified. :(

Hi,

So how are you doing so far five days post op?

You ask, plenty of people will jump to help you.

Just if something serious was to occur, please only ask and listen to your surgeon.

One thing yoy will learn is few of the surgeon do things the same way.

When you can, add to your profile so we have an idea who you are.

First question, do you pronounce your name like julie roberts in steel magnolias??

Love that name.

I will for sure ask my surgeon if it's something serious. I'm not really in any pain except my shoulder and neck on my left side are KILLING me. I called my nurse this morning and she said it was gas pains but oh man... These gas pains suck. Last night was the first time I had pain around my port, that's just tender. No big deal at all. I actually feel a lot better than I thought I would.. Except the stupid gas pains.

I looked around a bit but how do I add to the profile?

My surgical assistance told be to take Gas pills to help dissolve the gas and I think it worked. I had my gall bladder out laporscopically in 2001 and had those gas pains, I swear for 2 weeks, but taking the gas pills with this surgery I swear it was only a day or two. I even took ones from the Dollar Store, just like Gas X.

How are your feeling now? 1 week out?

I feel really good today! Thank you guys :) I was in crazy pain last night so I called my dr. He said that with how they filled me up with co2 I'm just going to have weird pains like that. But I took my lortab and went to bed and woke up this morning feeling great!

Hang in there had mine on the 8th. The people that are not successful to my best knowledge are the ones that sit back and expect it to work like a magical pill. You will get out of the band what you put it. Something as simple as having meals at a consistent time impacts results. You just have to invest in the process the more you do the better return you will get.

Hang in there had mine on the 8th. The people that are not successful to my best knowledge are the ones that sit back and expect it to work like a magical pill. You will get out of the band what you put it. Something as simple as having meals at a consistent time impacts results. You just have to invest in the process the more you do the better return you will get.

Awesome! Thank you soooo much! I really think that this will be successful for me. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches