Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get an unfill tomorrow

I had 0.5cc put in Wednesday and it was just too much. It takes me an hour to choke down yogurt. I assume the doctor knows best about how much to take out, but as I'm private pay for my visits, I don't want her to take out too much. I have to say though, I'd much rather have all 0.5 out and go back to where I was than be stuck feeling like this!! I can't imagine why people would go around feeling like this on purpose. :P

Anyway, not that I can eat much anyway, but I assume I have to be Clear liquids the day of an unfill too?

There is no rule about Clear Liquids for an unfill but generally when someone needs an unfill they aren't able to get more then liquids down. 0.5cc can make a huge difference. If you were good before you got the fill then have the full 0.5 removed but if you were hungry and needed more restriction try removing 0.2-0.3cc and see if that works. It is a small amount but it really does make a huge difference. I have a very touchy band and have had to have those small adjustments before. i am also private pay so i understand about the cost to keep readjusting your band. I have had my band almost 2 years and I have never been able to tolerate more then 2cc total in my band.

The choice is yours but are you having all the problems that go along with a band being too full. As stated above usually when you need an unfil you can not pass liquids and you have reflux when you try to ly down. I also have a very sensative band and I have had to have one partial unfil in two years but I could not pass Water without refluxing. My last fill took me a little over a week before i was able to really eat the way I wanted to. I had to gradually work my way back to solid foods and solid Protein. I hope you get some relief, it is miserable not being able to eat solid food. Good luck tomorrow,

They took out 0.25 cc and I feel much better! I say to anyone out there, if you are worried you're too tight, go get some taken out rather than suffer!

I had a fill yesturday I couldn't even keep Water down all night without refluxing or PB so i went in todayI really wanted him to remove 1cc( he put in 2cc) but he said .5cc should do it I don't feel any better so far(it's only been 1hour) does it take a while after the unfill the nurse said I am probably swollen and tender do to all the vomiting but if I am still vomiting how is that going to change I am very worried I have lost 6lb in 24hour and my blood suger is getting pretty low i don't want to be a buggaboo but I think I should go back in what do you think? or at least go get an IV drip to get my fluids back up

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches