Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Tomorrow

hey friends...

i am a little nervous, a lot excited, and very ready! i have gained back, then lost back down to 200. hopefully this fill will help me control my appetite!!

wish me luck guys!

well, i got 1.3cc's and i weighed 201.3 on their scales with shoes and fully clothed. my scales at home, naked said 199. (i think i like mine better)

the fill was SOOOOO easy. i know that not everyone's is so easy, but I HAVE THE BEST SURGEON!

good luck to all of you march bandsters, first fills all april long!!

well, i got 1.3cc's and i weighed 201.3 on their scales with shoes and fully clothed. my scales at home, naked said 199. (i think i like mine better)

the fill was SOOOOO easy. i know that not everyone's is so easy, but I HAVE THE BEST SURGEON!

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, huh? I'm happy that you had a good first fill experience, # 1. :biggrin1:

P.S. My surgeon's office always takes off 2 pounds for clothing and shoes. Does your surgeon do the same?

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy, huh? . . . .My surgeon's office always takes off 2 pounds for clothing and shoes. Does your surgeon do the same?

not to my knowledge...but i actually think my clothes weighed more than 2 lbs. i wore my chukkas today and they weigh a pound each!!

well, #2, I am confident that my weight will be moving fast now. i was already starting to lose again. it took two weeks, but here is how my weight loss went.....

week one---liquids and mushies-i wasnt very hungry, lost from 203.7 on surgery day, down to 198.

week two---mushies, and cheated with solids chewed well, maintained loss.

week three---went to the doctor who authorized moving to solids--gained back up to 203.

week four---gradually lost a pound and a half over the week, 201.5:clap2:

currently in week five---down another pound and a half, 200.:clap2:

ok, i guess it is just about time to set a mini-goal for mini_me...how does 195 sound for me? is this too small of a goal? what do you think :D ?

That is great mini_me! And I don't think that is too small of a goal. Little victories are great.

I'm eagerly waiting to be to 239. Usually when I get to the 230s I'm in a size 18, so little goals are good! But now when I get to 199.9 I'm buying myself a NEW IPOD NANO!! YAH! Now, if I could just get my first fill (I was banded before you! GRR!!! I'm starving! Stupid doctor's rules) maybe I could speed up these goals!

Congrats on the weightloss!

:D Kristin

Roni,

Glad to hear things went well for you!!!

I can't wait til I get a fill, I've been so hungry!!! But until they get the tubing problem fixed I won't be getting fill.

Can you tell if you have restriction??? I think 195 is a great goal, take small steps, that way the goal doesn't seem unattainable.

Mini_me, did you have your fill at the Surgicenter in Houston? That is where I will have mine in 2 weeks. Do they just lay you down and stick in the needle, or do they use the fancy machine to see what is going on inside?

I had my first fill yesterday. The nurse asked how much I could eat, and I replied that a six inch sub was not a problem. She asked how far away I lived (nearby). So, I got a 1.5ml fill (in a 4ml band).

Nurse gave me four shots with the anesthesia. The anesthesia needle was tiny and I could hardly feel it. Of course I didn't feel the fill needle at all. Today I feel somewhat restricted for the first time since week one. I'm sure I'll need more fill, but for now it is pretty good.

not to my knowledge...but i actually think my clothes weighed more than 2 lbs. i wore my chukkas today and they weigh a pound each!!

well, #2, I am confident that my weight will be moving fast now. i was already starting to lose again. it took two weeks, but here is how my weight loss went.....

week one---liquids and mushies-i wasnt very hungry, lost from 203.7 on surgery day, down to 198.

week two---mushies, and cheated with solids chewed well, maintained loss.

week three---went to the doctor who authorized moving to solids--gained back up to 203.

week four---gradually lost a pound and a half over the week, 201.5:clap2:

currently in week five---down another pound and a half, 200.:clap2:

ok, i guess it is just about time to set a mini-goal for mini_me...how does 195 sound for me? is this too small of a goal? what do you think :Banane04: ?

Hey #1, I think you're doing very well and 195 sounds like a realistic goal to me. I'm sure you'll reach it in no time. Keep us posted!

Ciao,

:mad:

i was filled at the SurgiCenter in Houston. the lady took my weight, bp, asked questions about diet, exercise, etc. I went into a room with a doctor, a technician, the big xray machine, and the table. i laid on the table, raised my shirt to expose my port site. the doc looked at all of my incisions and declared an art-full result. the doc felt for the port, asked if i was ready, when i said yes, she inserted the needle. this was less painful than the last time an ant bit me. there was no local used, and i recently had local, so the pain of THAT needle and medicine is fresh on my mind. this needle did not hurt NEARLY as bad as the local does. my port is very near the to the surface. she put in 1.5 cc's, i got up and stood in front of the xray, and swallowed barium. she had to pull out .2cc's because 1.5cc had me completely blocked. she watched the barium, then had me swallow another dose of barium while she watched. there was LOTS of chit-chat and small talk while all of this was going on(this helped to distract me). then i had to drink about 4-5 oz of Water before i could leave. i was very thirsty so that was a breeze. i sipped cautiously at first, but then remembered that i had watched the barium pass and a rate that would allow drinking a normal size drink((the new normal that is)).

i have not FELT the restriction yet, but I am not interested in testing my limits. I am on soft foods til tomorrow. i have already notice that i am not nearly as hungry as i was. YIPPPIIEEEEEEEEEE!!

I woke up this morning at 198.8, so i have now caught back up with my ticker!! i have to back off the scales now. i am not going to weigh again until monday!

luv ya #2!!!

roni

Thank you Roni! I know what to expect now. I am glad they use the xray machine and the test swallow. I would hate to have to drive back the next day to get an unfill.

Mary B.