Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experience with MY fitness Pal and Fitbit? I just got the Fitbit for the holidays and was wondering if it has helped others.

Thanks! Happy New Year!

Hi there,

MFP is a great way to track your daily food intake. Their inventory of food is huge,and if people share their food diaries, you can get an idea of some new things to try as well. I've been using faithfully for the last 2 months but started it back in August.

Tell me about Fitbit. What do you use that for?

Happy new year!

Fran

I bought a fitbit in October. I love it. I average about 7,000 steps a day when I work. I have made it to 15,000 on a day that my hubby and I decided to take a "shortcut" on our walk on the Pacific Crest Trail. The past couple of weeks I have barely made it to 3,000 because we had 3 feet of snow and now it is extremely icy. I like tracking my eating on MFP, it is easy and makes me aware of what I am doing, eating too much and not exercising enough! LOL It also lets you keep track of your weight, I weigh 5 pounds more than I did one month ago. Time to get back to walking and tracking!

What is the main difference between the smaller square fitbit and the longer one?

I too like MFP. I have the fitbit one. It is like a pedometer however it also show stairs and can give information about sleep (if you wear it). I think I am addicted to the fitbit :). I'm always checking it. Last night I went for an extra walk so that I could hit the 10,000 step mark. The first few days I had it I didn't do anything and I only made it to 3,000 steps. I do like how MFP and fitbit work together. Does anyone do the premium membership? Or more accurately is it worth it? Thanks

The ultra tracks steps, stairs and sleep, the square one just tracks steps.

This is helpful. Thank you. I would want to include steps

Steps and stairs!

I love mfb got it right after I had surgery, and use it daily!!! I think this has really helped me lose all my weight! For my calories I use my fitness pal. Good Luck and you will love it.

Thanks!

I got it for Christmas and I love it! FitBit 1

On the calories burned, does this take into account if you do other exercise, say like strength training, or is it primarily for walking? I'm looking into getting one, but not sure 100% how it works.

Here is something interesting I found that the fitbit can be used with, may be of interest to you: http://lifehacker.co...ewards. Sounds kind of sounds too good to be true, but it's free to join, so I don't see how it would hurt to try.

Here is something interesting I found that the fitbit can be used with' date=' may be of interest to you: http://lifehacker.co...ewards. Sounds kind of sounds too good to be true, but it's free to join, so I don't see how it would hurt to try.

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to see how it works.

On the calories burned' date=' does this take into account if you do other exercise, say like strength training, or is it primarily for walking? I'm looking into getting one, but not sure 100% how it works.[/quote']

Yes I think it does once you input the exercise and time started into MFP.