Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too tight or normal..

I doubt this is normal..so like most Im tight in the morning..water goes down a bit hard or sits a bit before it clears..i drink something hot it gets better...so now after 2nd fill it seems I get stuck real easy..even with small bites and going slow...i have been bringing back up some and then I can resume eating..but its so much easier to eat after that initial purge...i seem to be developing a habit of this..so am I too tight? Did my band slip? Any advice appreciated...thx!

That doesn't sound right to me. If you are taking small bites and chewing the heck out of them,then it shouldn't be getting stuck. When I get things stuck its because I wasn't paying attention to my bites or I was trying to rush something down. I suspect your band is too tight. You might want to see the doctor about takings bit out. Water should go down easily. Any ways, those are my thoughts. The vomiting thing should be avoided and is a red flag that things aren't quite right. Good luck with it.

Just curious...how long have you had your band?

Since Sept 13.

How about you?

Well you may not be too tight but just need to relearn eating. Some people have extra sensitive stomachs after a fill and have swelling which last for a while. You can either wait it out or go get an unfill.

Be so careful...you don't want to get in habit of purging. Can maybe cause a slip. I kind of went through this for a few weeks realized I was not nourished enough, using slider food, and eventually horrid pain that led me to unfill a tiny bit...was so relieved! I will eventually get a fill when my body is ready or if I do gain a few pounds. In meantime I'm back to yummy salads, good Protein and energy to exercise.

Having problems...I got filled on Tuesday by Friday my meds hurt going down. When I eat grits it get stuck and have to come back up. I think I'm to full.

Last time I had that issue it took me almost two weeks to eat solids, try liquids for a week or so and every time it comes back up again you become swollen

Oh another thing, I am so sensitive with fills I can only get 1/4 cc anymore and I can't handle it, you might be one of those people

I got my band sept. 12 and am at 5.5 cc and was having the same problem.today I cut everything even smaller than I normally would and chewed really good and I was even able to keep STEAK down!!!try cutting smaller and chewing even more..it worked for me!!good luck!!!

I think I am one of those people. I went yesterday and he took some out. The doctor said I might not be able to get fill for awhile.