Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

26 years old TUMMY TUCK! 120 pounds down

So, I am 26 and have lost 120 pounds with the lap band. I have kept the weight off for years and work out 6-7 days a week for 1- 2 hours very high intense work outs. I have not had kids and i will be having a Tummy Tuck in 3 weeks. I am nervous for 1 reason alone and that is when i decide to have kids one day. but i can not live with this on my body anymore. It is a sagging apron in front of my body and its keeping me from getting intimate with any guy yet alone start a relationship. I also would love to here anyones stories and how the recovering process went. My doctor said that i probably wont need my muscles tightened.

Any stories would be appreciated. if you are young like me.. dont have kids.. or had a kid after a tummy tuck PLEASE share!!!

I am older than you but gave birth to one child and lost hundreds of pounds over the past 25 years only to gain it all back but finally lost 220 lbs forever with the band.

I too couldnt stand the apron and loose skin left over so I just had my Tummy Tuck last Tuesday. If you go to my gallery you can see the before and after pics. I am doing very well, have had little or no pain and was shopping for a few hours 4 days out. I also had a breast lift and augmentation at the same time.

From what I can tell so far... the results will be amazing. They already are.

Thank you for getting bak to me!! that is amazing! PLEASE keep me posted! I am going to go look at the pictures :)

I was told i couldnt stand up straight for a week and Im super nervous about getting back to work after i have it.

I am double the age you are and lost double the weight and i like floridays did great, i am sure u will do really well and recover quickly, i had a lot of surgery done and i didnt really get any pain apart from the drainage tubes, once they were out it was just a case of resting. You are young enough to have great results and i am sure u wont regret any of it.

good luck ! i am 7 months post op on my abdominoplasty 360degrees and brachioplasty and 10 weeks post op on my bi lateral inner thigh lift. 18 hours surgery so far and breast lift next march to completel the job. I had no problems standing up at all :)

Ok, so before i made this post i went look at your before and now pictures. You have done an amazing job with your weight loss. I think you should go for it.... and i'm going to tell you why. So i'm going to assume that for one you and or your family can afford it, not many people take a picture on there parents yacht ..... Not too be rude but you do kind of look like a high maintenance girl, not that there is anything wrong with that... high maintenance is not cheep. Also, you are very beautiful.... i predict that after the TT.... and years down the line after you marry, to what i will predict will be a wealthy man.... and if/when you have kids and if/when you may need some tightening up.... you can get it redone.

you are young, you have worked your ass off and you deserve to be happy now, why wait... enjoy your younger years why you can. You only live once....

I had my TT last Feb 15, 2012... So i am now 45 weeks (10 1/2 months) out. I could not be happier with my New Flat Stomach.... Thank you Jesus for Plastic surgeons .... Mine was Hip to hip and i had him go as far down into my pelvic area a possible.... i didn't want the straight across. I wanted to be able to be a 44 year old grandma in a bikini.... and i now am... whoop whoop.

My surgery cost total was $8800. I am paying for it myself, because i wanted it and my husband said he didn't agree.... and if i wanted it i would have to figure out a way to get it myself.... So i went to Chase opened up a Slate card with 0% interest for 15 months and i started cleaning my office building one night a week to pay for it.... Done!

My stay was one night, in a wonderful surgery center with a pain pump in one hand and a RN at my beck n call in the other.... I went home the next after noon with heparin injection, which my LPN daughter in law, came to give me twice a day and Percocets. My pain was so minimal that i still have most of the pain meds left. I was back at work in 12 days.... only because it was a holiday week for us here in the south.... Mardi Gras. I was also fitted in the operating room with my compression garment.... which was great, but the zippers down the side was a pain in the Butt..... so i put a maxi pad on each side ... and wala... no more pain. I didn't have drain tubs... which i was grateful for... most people say that's what hurts the worse.

Well, I hope i was able to help a little and i hope i didn't offend you. So in a Nut shell.... DO IT... ENJOY IT AND HAVE A WONDERFUL SKINNY LIFE...

I attached a before and after, that was at 6 months... looks even better now.

Thank you for getting bak to me!! that is amazing! PLEASE keep me posted! I am going to go look at the pictures :)

I was told i couldnt stand up straight for a week and Im super nervous about getting back to work after i have it.

I was standing almost straight the 2nd day and had no drains... not all Drs use them. I worked from home this week the 3 days the office was open and will go back Wednesday.... thats why I did it over the holiday... to be able to have as much time possible off.

So, I am 26 and have lost 120 pounds with the lap band. I have kept the weight off for years and work out 6-7 days a week for 1- 2 hours very high intense work outs. I have not had kids and i will be having a Tummy Tuck in 3 weeks. I am nervous for 1 reason alone and that is when i decide to have kids one day. but i can not live with this on my body anymore. It is a sagging apron in front of my body and its keeping me from getting intimate with any guy yet alone start a relationship. I also would love to here anyones stories and how the recovering process went. My doctor said that i probably wont need my muscles tightened.

Any stories would be appreciated. if you are young like me.. dont have kids.. or had a kid after a tummy tuck PLEASE share!!!

Hi Meagan,

I am only 24 and had a tummy tuck, an arm lift and some liposuction of the flanks done a week ago (last friday). I lost about 75 lbs with the lapband, which I had done in 2010. Before surgery, I also had the same thing occurring in my mind but I realized that if I want someone to like me for me, I had to feel good about myself. I had two drains, both of which were taken out yesterday, and the pain hasn't been terrible. The liposuction areas were the worst of the pain. I have needed the pain meds although the past 2 days or so, I've been trying to cut back. I have also moved from the recliner to my bed, which is a huge step for me. If you have any questions, please let me know!

Jana

Ok, so before i made this post i went look at your before and now pictures. You have done an amazing job with your weight loss. I think you should go for it.... and i'm going to tell you why. So i'm going to assume that for one you and or your family can afford it, not many people take a picture on there parents yacht ..... Not too be rude but you do kind of look like a high maintenance girl, not that there is anything wrong with that... high maintenance is not cheep. Also, you are very beautiful.... i predict that after the TT.... and years down the line after you marry, to what i will predict will be a wealthy man.... and if/when you have kids and if/when you may need some tightening up.... you can get it redone.

you are young, you have worked your ass off and you deserve to be happy now, why wait... enjoy your younger years why you can. You only live once....

I had my TT last Feb 15, 2012... So i am now 45 weeks (10 1/2 months) out. I could not be happier with my New Flat Stomach.... Thank you Jesus for Plastic surgeons .... Mine was Hip to hip and i had him go as far down into my pelvic area a possible.... i didn't want the straight across. I wanted to be able to be a 44 year old grandma in a bikini.... and i now am... whoop whoop.

My surgery cost total was $8800. I am paying for it myself, because i wanted it and my husband said he didn't agree.... and if i wanted it i would have to figure out a way to get it myself.... So i went to Chase opened up a Slate card with 0% interest for 15 months and i started cleaning my office building one night a week to pay for it.... Done!

My stay was one night, in a wonderful surgery center with a pain pump in one hand and a RN at my beck n call in the other.... I went home the next after noon with heparin injection, which my LPN daughter in law, came to give me twice a day and Percocets. My pain was so minimal that i still have most of the pain meds left. I was back at work in 12 days.... only because it was a holiday week for us here in the south.... Mardi Gras. I was also fitted in the operating room with my compression garment.... which was great, but the zippers down the side was a pain in the Butt..... so i put a maxi pad on each side ... and wala... no more pain. I didn't have drain tubs... which i was grateful for... most people say that's what hurts the worse.

Well, I hope i was able to help a little and i hope i didn't offend you. So in a Nut shell.... DO IT... ENJOY IT AND HAVE A WONDERFUL SKINNY LIFE...

I attached a before and after, that was at 6 months... looks even better now.

I do appreciate that and im not offended. Im actually low maintenance, but i nooooo i look high maintenance, thats only bc im tall and blonde haha and do like to look nice. I am lucky enough to have my parents helping but thats only bc they do not want me taking out a loan and paying interest. I just paid my last semester of my masters out right, so that was all my savings. I def want a guy to like me for me and i feel this tummy thing is inhibiting me from finding a guy that i want to be with. and thats bc if a really attractive man starts to date me i put a wall up so he never gets to the point where we are intimate in fear he will feel it. WIth a less attractive guy i dont care. And i no that sounds bad and its my own demons, but i want to be with someone i am not only attracted to but i have a great bond with and this tummy thing is just killing me in that department. I thank you for being realistic. As much as im not high maintenance, bc i dont get my nails done, i dont have anything expensive, and i do bust my ass for what i have, i do like to look good. I will keep you posted.

Meagan ...a man who loves you for a life time won't be turned off by up your tummy but I do understand you being turned off by it... I was the same way. While my tummy bothered me...my husband said it didn't matter to him..but I had to take off my clothes and being intimate in a bra and panties only goes so far.

If you think this will make you feel better then you should do it... But do it for you and no one else.

Thank you :) <3

I'm 13 weeks post ops very happy and I found that the pain wasn't to bad. I do think ill go back for some more Lipo later tho I also had breast augmentation done too. I was told to wait until your done having kids but if your not tightening your muscles then I don't think its a big deal. I was able to stand straight two days post op. Good Luck I should post my before and after its crazy. Lol I'm down 125 and counting. I attached a picture here hope it works.

post-211273-13813134636577_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]25547[/ATTACH]

post-303449-13813140821597_thumb.png

Does insurance pay for the skin removal?

No I don't think it does but my surgeon said if you have a bad rash underneath the skin they sometimes do but I didn't so I paid out of pocket.

Does insurance pay for the skin removal?

From what i have read from previous people on this forum, some insurance companies will cover it but the problems that the excess skin are creating have to be very well documented, i.e visits to the doctors regarding the rashes, plenty of photographic evidence etc .. u need to find out if your insurance will cover this cost if there is a medical need for it, then go about gathering your evidence to prove you have a medical need. I am in the UK but the process would be very similar if we were trying to get the national health service to pay for this. Some companies also require an apron of skin more than 5 inches below the pubis bone, some may require shorter amounts but they are of course all hurdles put there to weed out the masses :)

good luck with it, find the criteria then go about proving need ..!

I'm 13 weeks post ops very happy and I found that the pain wasn't to bad. I do think ill go back for some more Lipo later tho I also had breast augmentation done too. I was told to wait until your done having kids but if your not tightening your muscles then I don't think its a big deal. I was able to stand straight two days post op. Good Luck I should post my before and after its crazy. Lol I'm down 125 and counting. I attached a picture here hope it works.

post-303449-13813140821597_thumb.png

[ATTACH]25547[/ATTACH]

YOu look unbelievable! I am down 125 exactly too. I just need to emove all this excess skin. Did you have drains put it, people are saying thats the worst part?

Seriously COngrats. You look soooo stunning! GORGEOUS!