Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I always STUCK and PBing?!?!

I'm two years post op and have lost 140 lbs. My last fill was over six months ago. Recently, I find myself getting stuck at almost every meal. No matter what time of day I eat my first meal, I'm going to the bathroom or grabbing a cup because it's coming back up. This happens within a few bites of the meal.

Today, we went out to eat after church. I had taken literally two bites of my meal and had to excuse myself to the restroom. Once I cleared myself out, I was able to eat almost all of the remainder of my meal.

Then, we had family over for Christmas this evening. A few bites into the meal, and I was grabbing a Solo cup to spit up my food. Now, about two hours and a glass of wine later, I was able to consume two helpings of brocolli casserole with no problems.

I have no idea what is going on. I do know that consuming an alcoholic beverage before my meal seems to allow me to eat, but I can't do that all the time. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

You need to make an appointment with your surgeon to have your band position checked. If you haven't had a fill in months and are years post op, the symptoms you're describing could be from a slip.

Granted it may be just fine and another reason entirely, but it's always best to check with your doctor immediately. If you do have a slip and catch it early, you may be able to fix it with a simple unfill for a couple weeks. If you let it go for months, the greater the risk of it getting worse.

Best wishes to you.

I would get checked for sure. I have similar problems, but mine are ongoing and all in my head. I psych myself out about eating. After reassurance from my doctor that all was A-OK, they worked with me to get my head back in the game and not be afraid of eating. Crazy, right? LOL

Sometimes the same thing happens to me !! I really can never eat anything in the morning ... I guess I need to make an appoinment ...

I would have it checked, or maybe a tiny unfill. I'm two years out, but last fill sent me over the edge a bit having some side effects and realized I was not ready for that little fill.

This is something I recently experienced; mostly it was pain after eating. I got my band 3/09 and have lost about 65 lbs. I never met my goal, and there are about 10 lbs. that come and go at will. When I saw my surgeon on 12/5 he must have misread my intake paperwork because when I went into the room he had a syringe ready. I thought he would take out some of the fill I had gotten on 7/30. Since it had been over 5 months I was sure I had done something, or something had gone wrong with the band. He gave me .5cc talked to me and sent me home. I did liquids for a day and I could feel that I was tight. I did small sips of liquids and I did VERY SMALL bites of food, worked at doing only 1/2 c, slowed down time used eating until last week. I now don't feel the tightness and I haven't had any problems unless I forget to follow the guidelines. Funny thing is I lost 8 lbs. in a week that I had been fighting for a year without doing other than what I mentioned. I plan to try a day of liquids each week to see if it will get things going again.

This is something I recently experienced; mostly it was pain after eating. I got my band 3/09 and have lost about 65 lbs. I never met my goal' date=' and there are about 10 lbs. that come and go at will. When I saw my surgeon on 12/5 he must have misread my intake paperwork because when I went into the room he had a syringe ready. I thought he would take out some of the fill I had gotten on 7/30. Since it had been over 5 months I was sure I had done something, or something had gone wrong with the band. He gave me .5cc talked to me and sent me home. I did liquids for a day and I could feel that I was tight. I did small sips of liquids and I did VERY SMALL bites of food, worked at doing only 1/2 c, slowed down time used eating until last week. I now don't feel the tightness and I haven't had any problems unless I forget to follow the guidelines. Funny thing is I lost 8 lbs. in a week that I had been fighting for a year without doing other than what I mentioned. I plan to try a day of liquids each week to see if it will get things going again.[/quote']

Go see your Doctor. Everyone has had/having different experiences but bottom line you are YOU & your body is YOURS. Get yourself checked out. You never know. #Banded12/22/10 lost 100lbs